How many would you preorder/buy?

Votes: 31 24.0%

Votes: 81 62.8%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Very informative post, @imbord3rlin3. Thanks!

@hursit, is it possible to purchase extra discs (covers for the top of the spinner)? I can see that part getting easily damaged if you ever need to remove the spinner.
Best thing you can do is install the disc last. Once you have tested the spinner and it is all together and working, screw the head down and put the disc on. It's got double sided sticky tape and is almost impossible to remove. I'm running mine without the screw in it and it holds just fine.

Considering it's likely a very cheap part to manufacture, I would definitely take some spares. I have a bad habit of constantly swapping parts between panels / cabs.

Considering it's likely a very cheap part to manufacture, I would definitely take some spares. I have a bad habit of constantly swapping parts between panels / cabs.
I do too, lol. Just be real careful. The parts scratch real easily.

Sweet!

I am also down for additional parts that could break from wear and tear.

Would like to see some eco and forgotton worlds. Is there a way to upload that footage to YouTube? Also, are your hands photogenic @imbord3rlin3 ? :rolleyes:

Sweet!

I am also down for additional parts that could break from wear and tear.

Would like to see some eco and forgotton worlds. Is there a way to upload that footage to YouTube? Also, are your hands photogenic @imbord3rlin3 ? :rolleyes:
at least one hand is. the other has a tattoo. i have tried eco fighters with the Brizzo adapter and the spinner moves the ship left and right with inverted controls. wiring is different in bothe left and right movement as well 5v and ground. I also made a passthrough adapter for it with button 1 and 3 for left and right and that didn't work either. maybe someone could make game specific boards or a rom that allows the spinners to work

i will upload the footage from last nights stream to youtube and drop a link when its done.

can I use it for another game like arkanoid?
i have tested with arkanoid returns with the Brizzo adapter on the f3 multi. set your device to joystick in the service menu and it works. controls are inverted, so you will need to switch the yellow wires with the white wires. it is as sensitive as the joystick.

i will test puzzle bobble next. let me know of other games i could test with, and i will be happy to test them if i have them.

Last edited:
The list is getting longer..

Working titles:
forgotten worlds
Arkanoid Returns (w/Brizzo adapter, set device to joystick in service.) (Also works with f3 motherboard. set service menu to sensor, and jumper on mobo to sensor.)
Puzzle Bobble (w/Brizzo adapter)
Eco fighters (w/modified Brizzo adapter, future CPS2 spinner io coming soon, notify Mitsurugi to add to the list)

and more TBD

NOT Working:
Eco Fighters

I will update this as more titles are tested.

EDIT: removed wire switching.

This is the adapter I made for the Brizzo adapter. It isn't pretty, but it works. And it's the best of what I had laying around. The Brizzo adapter's pinout is different than the pinout on the cps1.5 spinner PCB so you cannot just solder on a JST NH 4 pin male connector and plug it in... even if you install the connector to the pcb backwards.

It took me a while to articulate this into words properly and for that i apologize.
20220819_191231.jpg

This is the modified Brizzo adapter used to get Eco Fighters working. refer to https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ers-without-a-spinner.8020/page-2#post-346697 on how to wire up the adapter. special thanks to @Bonky and @West for helping me figure it out.
20220821_143204.jpg

20220821_143154.jpg

Last edited:
Huh? Arkanoid Returns shouldn’t need to be set to joystick. That sounds like you’re emulating those spinner pulses to the joystick input rather than the actual optic data.

The F3 spinner games take the optic inputs over the joystick Left + Right pins on the Jamma edge. You just need to passthrough what’s coming out of the spinner optic board into the F3. But you also need to set the F3’s joystick/spinner jumper on the motherboard to “sensor”.
It should act exactly like original Arkanoid.

Did you really miss that one?
No I just decided I wanted one recently after talking with @SCUltra .

I’m sold now. I was on the fence about storing and changing out custom CP’s. But the growing compatibility and Mister support is too cool to deny its fun.

Enjoy yours. I’m happy to wait for wave 2

Yeah somebody asking about them but this is really very hard project and i don't promise for anything for now

And this is the first and once time project for spinners.
I always say, these kind of projects are not doing like this normally. This is not business , it is just tired 🤣

I love this hobby but you know time is very important. I should focus the bigger projects.
Enjoy yours. I’m happy to wait for wave 2

@hoagtech lurk more , sadly this is the only wave :unsure:

@hoagtech lurk more , sadly this is the only wave :unsure:
I remember when you started the interest thread. Cool product

I’m fine though. It wasn’t meant to be this time. Maybe my luck will turn in finding an MVS33 in my lifetime instead.

Enjoy yours too

Back