What's new
Wow the Jammaizer looks awesome
I have a PAL wii i would like to hookup for some T vs C
My wii has the gamecube ports on it
I also have a Saturn and Dreamcast
Is it possible to get the wii running on the Jammaizer so I can plug it into my jamma cab

What all would I need besides the Jammaizer to get the job done?
Thanks
You need a Brooks retro board for 1p and x2 of them for 2P as well a brooks retro controller adapter for Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube

You need a Wii VGA cable or a component transcoder to plug into the vga hat as well as a high def arcade monitor if you want 480p resolution, or a scart cable for your older consoles.

Newer consoles that support usb controller such as Xbox 360 PS4, Ps5, Xbox one, Neo Geo X use the Brooks Universal Fighting board.

I agree this thing rocks. I feel like it’s the best option for Mister use as well and would love to know if there are better features on the JAMMA Expander or Mistercade. Neither of those options support playing newer consoles like the Jammaizer can IMO.

@djsheep That is awesome - thanks for getting me more excited :)
Man, it's so good and the best way to play / version of the game.

I just used the MC Chthlhu board that @Arthrimus made and plugged in the cables that I built and it ran beautifully. You might have the issue accessing the menu so just keep the wiimote handy (my Wii's are all modded, so it could be that too).

Post pics when you're setup and playing :)

This can absolutely be done. I currently have the wii, Dreamcast, consolized neo geo, nes and mister running through my jammaizer (vga hat installed). Pieces required for arcade controls would be brook retro board, console specific rj45 cable to plug into retro board. For video I use a tink5x scaler with the stock wii composite video cable going in and a hdmi to vga adapter to plug into the the jammaizer vga hat. Auido plugs into the vga hat. Depending on your cab monitor you may want to use the 240p downscaled feature of the tink5x.
@BladeZX this is the way I advised Rogersta to do it. Works great! I streamed wii games a couple weeks ago if you’re curious how the downscaling turned out. Here’s the time coded link to TvsC:
View: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1188177071?t=7412s

I managed to snag one of these awhile back off the store page (and love it), but has @Arthrimus ever posted a BOM for this somewhere? Oshpark still reads "will add BOM later" and can't seem to find much in this thread or on the product page. Got some fun new upgrades to the hobby tools over the holidays and have been building a little list of projects I'd like to tackle eventually. :)

I'm sure a massive reason as to why these have been out of stock is because of the component shortage, and I expect to be equally as bummed as I'm sure arthrimus is on lead times, but just hoping to take a peek try my hand at it eventually nonetheless :D

I should probably plug mine in at some point and see what it does.

I managed to snag one of these awhile back off the store page (and love it), but has @Arthrimus ever posted a BOM for this somewhere? Oshpark still reads "will add BOM later" and can't seem to find much in this thread or on the product page. Got some fun new upgrades to the hobby tools over the holidays and have been building a little list of projects I'd like to tackle eventually. :)

I'm sure a massive reason as to why these have been out of stock is because of the component shortage, and I expect to be equally as bummed as I'm sure arthrimus is on lead times, but just hoping to take a peek try my hand at it eventually nonetheless :D
I put one of these together mid last year, ill try to find the BOM for you that i made for it :)

Cant find the exact BOM but here's my cart from digikey which should help: https://www.digikey.com.au/short/ndfn3tfw a few parts are on backorder but alternatives should be easy to find.

It includes the parts needed for the VGA input hat and extras of a the 0603 components so double check quantities if you want to save a little money. You will need to source a scart connector from ebay or aliexpress and a heatsink for the power resistor. I think Arthrimus used this heatsink: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/heat-sink-to-220-14-fins-25mm-aluminium-black.html

Please be aware this doesnt include the ic's needed for the button remapping and rapidfire features.

https://github.com/Arthrimus/Console-JAMMAizer gerber files can be found here if you want to order through another pcb manufacturer, gold plating and a chamfered edge connector are recommended

Perfect, thanks so much! Definitely expected a few things to be on backorder but this definitely saves me a brutal amount of time. Thanks for chiming in! :thumbsup:

can I pick up the jamma plug for power a console like a saturn? the goal is to made a "stack" arcazied saturn.

can I pick up the jamma plug for power a console like a saturn? the goal is to made a "stack" arcazied saturn.
Theoretically, yes. You could remove the internal AC/DC power supply from the Sega Saturn and power it from the DC power lines on the JAMMA harness instead. But I think it is a bad idea. Depending on the motherboard revision, some Saturns need 3.3V and/or 9V. You would need to derive those from the 5V or 12V that JAMMA provides.

Back