What's new
Received mine today in Barcelona, Spain!

It took a while longer than expected, but it seems it was a problem of our mail distribution. The package has been a few weeks sitting on our customs.

Anyway, glad I got the board. Thanks!

@drfunk2k ... sir , please , i want to try this 92641C-1 pcb on @lydz's 51 in 1 CPS1 Multi ... I tried on my Daimakaimura conversion and when i powered on... gives me black screen . Can you ask please Lydz to see if the board is suitable to use it on this multi ?
Just scrap the Lydz 51-in-1 multi, problem solved :P

guys in total only 70 c boards left.
I have 25 in stock..... this is it for me

i had a major family issue happen today.....
so i am back out after these boards.

please pray and think about us......
life sometimes is not easy..... <3

Sir , i have problems with this c board purchased (92641C-1 -- order #1026) ...
I tested with my CPS1 systems i have here : One is with CPS1 @lydz multi and looks like in this video and i tested on my Daimakaimura conversion (with his battery , the game working great , on this ... gives me only black screen , no other signs . What to do further ? is this faulty or is because i don't have another systems where to try it ? Also , on Lydz multi, the C board (92631C-6) from Daimakaimura working great too !

@xodaraP , please sir , can you help me here ?

@drfunk2k Sorry to hear you have problems in family , honestly ! Hope these problems to dissapear !

Last edited:
@AlxUnderBase All i can think of is the "battery" wire link missing that zero's the key? Otherwise faulty B21 / bad connection.

cps1fix.jpg

Last edited:
@AlxUnderBase All i can think of is the "battery" wire link missing that zero's the key? Otherwise faulty B21 / bad connection.
Sounds like that would be it. Also, dont these have to be reprogrammed for the game you are using?
I know nothing on reprogramming, can't move to that method after spending months patching the sets back in the day ;)

But do know that a B21 board should run any B21 game (when setup correctly)

Sounds like that would be it. Also, dont these have to be reprogrammed for the game you are using?
I know nothing on reprogramming, can't move to that method after spending months patching the sets back in the day ;)
But do know that a B21 board should run any B21 game (when setup correctly)
So true ;) :D

Sir , i have problems with this c board purchased (92641C-1 -- order #1026) ...I tested with my CPS1 systems i have here : One is with CPS1 @lydz multi and looks like in this video and i tested on my Daimakaimura conversion (with his battery , the game working great , on this ... gives me only black screen , no other signs . What to do further ? is this faulty or is because i don't have another systems where to try it ? Also , on Lydz multi, the C board (92631C-6) from Daimakaimura working great too !

@xodaraP , please sir , can you help me here ?

@drfunk2k Sorry to hear you have problems in family , honestly ! Hope they are gone !

looks like you C board still stores the key originally programmed by Capcom, as I can see the battery installed. That key is probably suitable for muscle bomber or slam master games, but not for your multi. I don’t know exactly, but I bet that the multi works with C board in default state, and because of that your custom programmed C board is not suitable.
there are two ways for make your C board work as default state:
  • Remove the battery and Do the Phoenix
  • Let the battery installed and Program Your C board with the proper key to make it work as default state
EDIT:
Checking it better, probably Lydz multi also needs the unmodified C board capable to be reprogrammed and work with any games from the CPS1 catalog. Then, if your C board is not modified and isn’t phoenixed, it is probably faulty or some of the pins needs to be resoldered.

Last edited:
@AlxUnderBase

Someone mentioned it above but you can't use these on a game that doesn't use a suicide battery.

They will work on Knights of the Round, Captain Commando, CPS1.5 etc (this has been tested)

The wire link kills the ability to store keys, so for the multi we needed unmodified battery C boards which is what these are

I'll update the first post to explain and so people don't modify and kill these before the multi is released

Edit: First post updated

Last edited:
@AlxUnderBase

Someone mentioned it above but you can't use these on a game that doesn't use a suicide battery.

They will work on Knights of the Round, Captain Commando, CPS1.5 etc (this has been tested)

The wire link kills the ability to store keys, so for the multi we needed unmodified battery C boards which is what these are

I'll update the first post to explain and so people don't modify and kill these before the multi is released

Edit: First post updated
Thanks for this, it's for people like me!

OK, so I finally got mine in (ordered just one) and immediately plugged it into a Final Fight to test it. Upon power, I got a funny sound effect from the game, but then white screen.

Did I kill the C-board?

No, you won't hurt it installing it onto a game that it doesn't work with, it just won't boot

Think of it exactly the same as CPS2 - if you don't have the correct keys or the battery has failed, you get a solid colour screen and the game doesn't boot but it doesn't cause any damage and can be restored by rewriting keys or running decrypted code. In the case of CPS1 instead of the keys being stored as part of the CPU on the B board, the C board is the key.

When I am talking about killing the C board, I'm referring to cutting the traces and installing the wire link on the 2 key writing pins and tying them to +5 - we were able to secure these C boards where the modification had not been made and that is what makes them perfect for the multi kit. The modification can be reversed but it is much easier to have them available unmodified in the first place.

If you really want to test one, you will need to use the Arduino method to flash keys onto the C board and install on an encrypted game which does come with risks of damage if not connected correctly. I have tested several of these C boards, have got 2 for myself and got 2 for @djsheep and had no issues.

Thank you so much for the info. I'll avoid testing for now, it looks fine.

I'll wait for the multi to be released.

Is there are reason people are ordering 4-6 of these? Just to have, or another reason?

I ordered 2 because I both wanted a spare in case of a C board failure which sadly does happen.

I assume others are ordering multiples so that they have spares, they are planning on ordering more than 1 kit or so they can supply them to friends who may not be aware of the forum but will likely buy the multi

Mine are sitting in a box, waiting for the multi to arrive. I won’t bother testing until that day, and I suggest everyone just sit tight and wait. I highly doubt there will be any issues as the two that @xodaraP wrote keys to, worked 100% and ultimately they’re all from the same batch.

Please do not modify (suicide) these boards and go backwards for the sake of testing them :)

Back