What's new
Apologies for the noob question, but is someone able to tell me what the differences are between the audio daughter boards that use an original Q-Sound chip or the FPGA chip option, please? My Google-Fu has failed me.

Apologies for the noob question, but is someone able to tell me what the differences are between the audio daughter boards that use an original Q-Sound chip or the FPGA chip option, please? My Google-Fu has failed me.
The original Q-sound chip was manufactured thirty years ago. The FPGA chip was manufactured last year. That is the only difference.

Morning. I just received my CPS1 Multi with Q Sound and watched the video of the unboxing / install by MitsurugiW. In the video he said the boards with the Yellow audio connectors were pre-production and final boards would be with the red/white audio connectors. Did that change due to availability or did I potentially get a pre-production mainboard? Just want to confirm before I do anything.

Oh, and what coax cable do you recommend for the install? The ones I still have are hardcore old TV coax that don't flex too much. The ones in the install look much thinner.

Morning. I just received my CPS1 Multi with Q Sound and watched the video of the unboxing / install by MitsurugiW. In the video he said the boards with the Yellow audio connectors were pre-production and final boards would be with the red/white audio connectors. Did that change due to availability or did I potentially get a pre-production mainboard? Just want to confirm before I do anything.

Oh, and what coax cable do you recommend for the install? The ones I still have are hardcore old TV coax that don't flex too much. The ones in the install look much thinner.
Production boards used yellow RCA sockets for audio out.

You don't need coax cable. Use thin gauge stranded "hook up" wire. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RDGTPB

Production boards used yellow RCA sockets for audio out.

You don't need coax cable. Use thin gauge stranded "hook up" wire. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RDGTPB
Thanks for the confirmation on the audio out connectors.

As for the coax install question, I goofed in how that was asked and is partially related to the install here. I'll hunt down which topic to ask that one. It's for the CPS1 Digital AV HDMI install that required the coax, not the CPS1 multi itself. My apologizes for the confusion on my part.

Yes.

I have seen CPS2 A Boards with both AT&T and Lucent

Really what we want to avoid. The amount of Qsound is limited and when they are over, there will be no choice, just FPGA or "find your own Qsound chip"

Too complex, we already considered that.

Hi guys.
I recenlty bought a brand new Lucent DSP16 chips to use them as a replacemet for original QSound chips. I only want to say that these ones do not work.
I got only silence on CPS Multi. According to Darksoft these chips could be programmed only once and were factory programmed probably for a different purpose.
There are some brand new AT&T chips on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202526656055
Has anyone tried them?
1665329612630.png

Where is the post where the kick harness options are available for purchase?
I do not see a sticky for them or I have developed selective sight lol

Back