What's new
So, for the A board speed question:

I guess the way to go will be a DFO?
And either have a manual switch located on the filter board or elsewhere to select the speed?
or have the multi select it for you based on the game and/or have an option to select via the remote lcd?

So, for the A board speed question:

I guess the way to go will be a DFO?
And either have a manual switch located on the filter board or elsewhere to select the speed?
or have the multi select it for you based on the game and/or have an option to select via the remote lcd?
@Darksoft said there will be a test point you can solder to on the multi which will go high or low depending on the game speed (set via file in the game folder on SD card) and you can control DFO with that

https://highscoresave.com/darksoft-cps1-multigame-kit/ go there and read the installation guide. there is no mention of a wire going to dfo. looks like ur running the crystal on ur a board.

note in the installation guide, "For absolute 100% accuracy, please match your game sets with a suitable board. Most 10MHz games can be played on a 12MHz Dash Board with very minor (almost unnoticeable) speed differences and vice versa on 10MHz boards. There are a few anomalies to this rule however and we will document them in future versions of the guide and on the Arcade Projects forum as users report them."

@Darksoft said there will be a test point you can solder to on the multi which will go high or low depending on the game speed (set via file in the game folder on SD card) and you can control DFO with that
cool forgot about that
The A board does not use an oscillator. It uses a crystal. So you cannot use a DFO.
Are you sure about this? The A board uses a crystal oscillator afaik - so you should be able to definitely replace it with a DFO type device.

Last edited:
u can swap crystals too if u have a 10mhz board like me and wish u had a 12mhz board. not nessecary, but an option nonetheless. very easy swap. im sure the differences in the operation of games is negligable. just be sure to keep the original crystal and note that you did so if you intend on selling it. i have done this on my mercs short board and it works just fine.

thats dope. hopefully there will be kits coming out for that. i wouldnt know where to start

Well, that was fast!! UPS ftw on this one :D
Project2.jpg
Loooook at all that Darksoft tape!

Back