What's new
Dumb question, and sorry if it was covered already:

How can I tell if a given ROMset is encrypted or decrypted? Can the ROMset generator auto-detect whether the ROMset is encrypted?

Does the multi have any CRC checks or anything? I want to try this Strider patch on it but just wondered if it might trigger any CRC warnings. I’m assuming it will just run whatever you tell it to but thought it worth asking.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6758/

Reactions: nem
I think you answered yourself. The multi has no CRC checks or warnings, it runs everything that you throw at it as long it's CPS1 and not bootleg hardware. If the code that you make it run, has some CRC checks and you modified the code, then it will show a CRC error, so you'd need to remove those checks on that trainer or whatever you have in mind.

We also don't make you prove who you are to download firmware updates. Can you imagine actually selling your multi to someone later without needing an account to sign into for updates? You actually own your multi 100%!!

We also don't make you prove who you are to download firmware updates. Can you imagine actually selling your multi to someone later without needing an account to sign into for updates? You actually own your multi 100%!!
So many devices employ this sneaky shit. Also, others like to put in a death date in their firmware to make their devices stop working past a preset date, etc...

While I'm waiting for my unit to arrive I have a question, cps1 games are almost not amplifued stereo but some just were mono amplified to jamma only, for example ghouls n ghost, is it possible to have all in stereo?

CPS1 games will play mono sound via the jamma edge
CPS1.5 games will play mono sound via jamma edge and Qsound Stereo via the rca jacks.

Someone is working on getting line level out via rca for cps1 games so if you run the multi in a cab with amplifier you dont have to switch out plugs, etc. The switching between the 2 will be done by the multi. afaik

Last edited:
CPS1 games will play mono sound via the jamma edge
CPS1.5 games will play mono sound via jamma edge and Qsound Stereo via the rca jacks.

Someone is working getting line level out via rca for cps1 games so if you run the multi in a cab with amplifier you dont have to switch out plugs, etc. The switching between the 2 will be done by the multi. afaik
lol I need this! I want to plop the cps1 in the big blue and make the trifecta complete, so everything runs off the qsound amp. I can’t wait…

Back