What's new
Any word on when the program to allow us to load ROMS onto this thing will be made available? Granted, I have a lot of other things I need to make this kit work so won't get to use it right away, but I was just wondering if this is expected this week, next week, next month, next year? :)
very soon. there will be a big announcement. keep an eye on the thread and ull see when. nice to see a fellow nutmegger in here

Exact same situation for me too. I went ahead and sent them a message later in the day yesterday. Haven't heard back yet but I can post if anything comes up. I was just asking if they had shipped because I'd rather get the tracking ASAP because I don't like the idea of such an expensive item just sitting in my mailbox without me knowing ahead of time. People aren't afraid to help themselves to others belongings around here from time to time so I do my best to be careful.
They got back to me right - I'm part of next batch. All is good.

When you remove the current crystal you can actually see where they designed it to use different packages of the crystal.
to those that have their donor boards and dont mind unsoldering their crystal can you check if underneath it looks like this?

20220401_070805-jpg.jpg

Trying to see if they are all like this, I've had reports that some only have the Dip14 package pins
Obviously we are looking at these 2 boards
1652369102134.png

I think I found compatible smd crystals to replace the current Dip14 ones you see in the pics.

to those that have their donor boards and dont mind unsoldering their crystal can you check if underneath it looks like this?
Do you mean the SMD pads or just the extra pair of holes to accommodate a square package crystal?

20220401_070805-jpg.jpg

Trying to see if they are all like this, I've had reports that some only have the Dip14 package pins
Obviously we are looking at these 2 boards
1652369102134.png

I think I found compatible smd crystals to replace the current Dip14 ones you see in the pics.
20220512_115936.jpg

This is the 10mhz short board.

Do you mean the SMD pads or just the extra pair of holes to accommodate a square package crystal?
Trying to see if the are all like this

1652373831527.png

The 10mhz short board is confirmed, so my guess is that all the 10mhz short boards are like this. Now just need to verify if the 12mhz dash boards are like this as well.

The 10mhz short board is confirmed,

IIRC there are 2 revisions of the short A-Board. CPS-Dash and CPS-Q-Sound are all the later revision, and the 10MHz boards are mixed between the earlier and later revisions.

you will want to get the PCB# silk-screened on the board to determine if they "all" are like this.

89626A-3 (Short board) almost always 10MHz (AFAIK)
89626A-4 (Short board) Could be anything, used for 10MHz, CPS Dash and CPS Q-Sound

There are 4 other A-Board PCB variants AFAIK but they're all Long-Boards

Last edited:
I am curious if I should have received a tracking number by now. I ordered through highscoresaves but I don't believe I registered so I only have PayPal details and can't track anything.

Asking because I changed my username here and I was much higher on the "list" than @GeorgeSpinner and placed my order same day it was announced as available, so wondering if I fell through the cracks or something.

Didn't want to be a pest and email HSS, but I think I will.
Not enough people from the list actually paid when the time came. The list became a thing that didn't matter. I probably placed my order before you.

Regarding the list, nowhere did it say "if you are in this list you will get yours first". It wasn't until there was going to be a supply issue that @Darksoft instituted that rule. It was an interest check thread. Those are usually useful in determining if people would like to see something made. They are very rarely an accurate representation of who will actually put up the money when the time comes.

I didn't put my name on the list right away because there was plenty of interest and nowhere did it say it was required. I eventually did because I saw people constantly requesting to be added. I thought "what the hell" and got on the list.

I didn't think that rule was fair but what could I do? I don't make the rules. I didn't complain. I paid my money and waited patiently; grateful that this thing even exists and that I'll own it someday

I don't appreciate you mentioning me by name; as if I had something to do with you not getting your board, other than I placed an order too.

Not enough people from the list actually paid when the time came. The list became a thing that didn't matter. I probably placed my order before you.

Regarding the list, nowhere did it say "if you are in this list you will get yours first". It wasn't until there was going to be a supply issue that @Darksoft instituted that rule. It was an interest check thread. Those are usually useful in determining if people would like to see something made. They are very rarely an accurate representation of who will actually put up the money when the time comes.

I didn't put my name on the list right away because there was plenty of interest and nowhere did it say it was required. I eventually did because I saw people constantly requesting to be added. I thought "what the hell" and got on the list.

I didn't think that rule was fair but what could I do? I don't make the rules. I didn't complain. I paid my money and waited patiently; grateful that this thing even exists and that I'll own it someday

I don't appreciate you mentioning me by name; as if I had something to do with you not getting your board, other than I placed an order too.
I was just using you as a point of reference since your post immediately preceded mine and there was a rather large gap in our numbers. I wasn't trying to call you out, so apologies if you took it that way.

I don't really care about receiving this week or next, just receiving it period.

IIRC there are 2 revisions of the short A-Board. CPS-Dash and CPS-Q-Sound are all the later revision, and the 10MHz boards are mixed between the earlier and later revisions.

you will want to get the PCB# silk-screened on the board to determine if they "all" are like this.

89626A-4 (Short board) Could be anything, used for 10MHz, CPS Dash and CPS Q-Sound

Already working on a board that will fit the dip14 footprint, should make things easier for all :D

Also, for the record from a convo above, none of DS multis load MAME roms directly. They all are rearranged to fit the flashes. All modern multis and flash carts that use modern flash must do this at some point. Some do it on the fly while flashing the game and some, like every DS kit require it be done ahead of time. I like it because it leads to standardized packs. It's much easier to troubleshoot when everyone is using the same ammo.
Yeah I wasn't complaining, I wanted to know how to make the ROM.

My multi arrived today. It's assembled and ready to go, but I don't have any ROMs. I suspect most of us with units are in the same boat.

I was hoping I could make some until there's an archive or something.

If sound is the issue, would I be able to make a ROM and leave the sound files out? I usually play daimakaimura with the sound super low anyway. 🙂

Here you go bossman :D

Its gonna look something like this:

1652386585362.png

Getting the right crystals spec wise is the problem really.

But with this layout it will drop right into the current crystal posistion.

Hey Guys, when me or HSS or Candycabclub receive the boards, we start to ship as soon as we can for many reason:
-we have a lot of box everywhere
-we don't want to have too much things in warehouse
-we want to make happy everyone here

but consider this:
-your order are not the only order of our shop, we must ship multi and other things
-every package take time to close, make the document (i do all the internationals.... a nightmare) and bring to the express courier
-many times there are problem with address, phone number....

Believe us, we try to do this work as fast as possible, but we need time, i have shipped about 45/50 multi CPS1 in 4 days, on monday I've been in DHL 2 times because my car was full at first round :)

We lost many times also to answer to all the email that ask when we can ship your order..... let us do our work, if you didn't received tracking number yet it's only because there are 50 people first of you, not because someone win the lottery

I love you all, and a special thanks to my french customers, are many, very many, thank you

Believe us, we try to do this work as fast as possible, but we need time, i have shipped about 45/50 multi CPS1 in 4 days, on monday I've been in DHL 2 times because my car was full at first round :)
That is dedication!
We lost many times also to answer to all the email that ask when we can ship your order..... let us do our work, if you didn't received tracking number yet it's only because there are 50 people first of you, not because someone win the lottery
It's good that you clarified. We both know but people probably doesnt.
I love you all, and a special thanks to my french customers, are many, very many, thank you
We love you too boss.

Back