What's new
Hello! It is great to be back here. I have been away for a long time and I am finally getting back into the scene. I watched a few videos on the CPS1 Multi and was wondering if someone could potentially clear up some questions- both involving the wires that require soldering:

1. Could use the CPS1 Multi be used without the quick reset (hard booting between selecting the games). I think one of the other multis can be used this way.

2. If you don't attach the Q-Sound wire will it still play in mono off the jamma board?

Now...hopefully, the NEO MVS carts make a return :) I understand the logistics right now are terrible. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Qsound gives only digital data out using the I2S protocol. That signal goes to the TDA1543 which separates it into 2 channles and converts it to Analog. If you want to tap into the digital, then the best point is at the entrance of the TDA1543.
My keyword hunting isn't bringing up the topic I'm looking for so I apologize for replying to an older message. Is there a workaround known for getting Q sound games to work with the CPS2AV Digital MOD on the CPS1 Multi? Or a solution is still being ironed out? I'm more curious on how people are playing Q sound games in this config as of today...RCA input with HDMI for Video through some device that's not a receiver?

My keyword hunting isn't bringing up the topic I'm looking for so I apologize for replying to an older message. Is there a workaround known for getting Q sound games to work with the CPS2AV Digital MOD on the CPS1 Multi? Or a solution is still being ironed out? I'm more curious on how people are playing Q sound games in this config as of today...RCA input with HDMI for Video through some device that's not a receiver?

It doesn't work - not sure if anything is being worked on right now.

There is this Italian guy called Nicola Drago. He installs these and I'm sure he's able to find a way to install it for you.

I think they are saying there are issues using it with cps1

Yeah, Q-Sound doesn't output on CPS1 HDMI MOD; only through the RCA ports. I heard/read a solution was being worked out somehow, but I never saw anything come of it. I'm attempting something now (aka bought something) and will report back my findings.

Forgive me for this stupid question, but is Ghosts N Goblins on the CPS1 multi?

@Darksoft are we close to a firmware release that fixes the chikki chikki boys background thing?

Apologies if this has been released somewhere and I missed it.

@Darksoft are we close to a firmware release that fixes the chikki chikki boys background thing?

Apologies if this has been released somewhere and I missed it.
You mean the lines on the cave? That was solved long ago, almost inmediately after sales started. Let me check and upload a new FW if I havent done that yet.

I finally got a chance to test the "fix" for CPS1 Q sound games with HDMI MOD. It works really well. This is the HDMI DVI Audio Injector. It rips the audio signal out of the HDMI input and injects the RCA/Optical audio back into the HDMI for a single source combination. It's pricey, but I think this is a good alternative to those that has this MOD until/if a real fix comes along. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDJN4VS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Video and photo of the injector in Imgur link below. Audio quality may sound subdued due to compression but it really does sound great.
https://imgur.com/a/WsitYTo

You mean the lines on the cave? That was solved long ago, almost inmediately after sales started. Let me check and upload a new FW if I havent done that yet.
I just posted a firmware update on the 1st page that fixes the lines on the cave stage in Chiki Chiki Boys. Just unpack and copy to the root of the microSD and should be deleted if the update went well.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks!

Back