What's new
I also think it comes from the A-board (it seems similar to the problem I had but with other games). Even though the board looks clean here.

Finally got round to this. I find my A board (88617A-7B) and C board (90628-C-1 MERCS, no battery support) are incompatible with the multi. Possibly the ebay seller I bought this from played me like a fiddle. A shame as the boards are pristine. So, um, does anyone have multi-compatible boards they would be willing to sell me? I really don't want to buy from ebay again TBH :(

Please PM me if you have anything.

Another QQ- do the 2 wires have to be installed, or will it work ok without?

Thanks guys.
Seller sheep_nova sells the compatible c boards on eBay for $30. Then you would need to find a short A board...........

@obitus1990 to me it sounds like the reset wire is not installed properly. Perhaps reset and qsound are swapped. Pics of the install would be more useful than just A board eBay photos to confirm that though

Give me a few to go remove it and take a photo. I triple checked to make sure that each wire was connected to the proper points, including soldering longer wire in its designated position per instructions, etc. I tried Final Fight as well, and had no issues with sound/music, nor with Punisher.

Do you need to see more than this (from the eBay listing where I purchased it)? If so, I'm going to have to go unscrew it from the cabinet and disassemble the whole multi to get anything further.
I wanted to see the amp section to verify that it was not using a low quality amp.

Next it would be good if you could measure the 5V and 12V on your JAMMA edge. The multi uses a lot more power than a standard cps1 game

Photos as requested.

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2954.jpeg
    IMG_2954.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2957.jpeg
    IMG_2957.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 81
Your A board looks pristine. Please check 5V and 12V on the JAMMA edge as well.

I also very rarely have music cut out in street fighter games. Normally I just reboot and everything is good. Using a non-hacked US dash A-board and all voltages are verified good. It's so rare it's barely a problem though. Never seen the red text thing.

I wanted to see the amp section to verify that it was not using a low quality amp.

Next it would be good if you could measure the 5V and 12V on your JAMMA edge. The multi uses a lot more power than a standard cps1 game

At the JAMMA edge of the A board: 5.02V and 12.00V.

The music intermittently disappears in all three of the games above, then returns later on at some point.

I also very rarely have music cut out in street fighter games. Normally I just reboot and everything is good.

For my information: when does the music cut off? And how long does it take to come back?

For my information: when does the music cut off? And how long does it take to come back?
Music cuts off randomly. I can almost seem to trigger it more in the India location, where there are extra, background noises from the elephants, plus the music, and of course all the fighting sounds. It will usually stay off until the next round, or changing locations, etc.

I turned up the voltage just a tiny bit, and have 5.08 and 12.11V at the JAMMA edge now. It seems to have greatly reduced the incidence of the music dropping out. It still happens, but, rather than in every round, it may occur every 5-6 rounds now.

I turned up the voltage just a tiny bit, and have 5.08 and 12.11V at the JAMMA edge now. It seems to have greatly reduced the incidence of the music dropping out. It still happens, but, rather than in every round, it may occur every 5-6 rounds now.
Strange, in your place I would test with another mobo to be sure.

Music cuts off randomly. I can almost seem to trigger it more in the India location, where there are extra, background noises from the elephants, plus the music, and of course all the fighting sounds. It will usually stay off until the next round, or changing locations, etc.
Whoa, exactly the same for me with the India location being where it normally happens. I wonder if it's not just a bug in the real game?

Do you play on revisions in particular? (I would like to do some tests)

This is the only A board I have, so, no way for me to test otherwise. Given the cost of the multi, plus buying a working boardset to use it with has already set me back over a grand, getting a spare A board will have to wait.

Hi there, Darksoft team & fans,

First off, I love it! I tried Cadillacs and Dinosaurs 3-player mode today, but player 3 controls were not working initially. I didn't see anything here or in the manual, although I realized the filter board's Player 3 connector had traces running down somewhere, so I tried it instead of CNI-02 and that what was needed. Just a heads-up to folks to make sure to use the filter board's Player 3 connector instead for CPS-1.5 games 😊

Glad that you had it working. You have to connect it exactly like the original does and the original does not connect to CNI-02 but rather to the connectors on the filter board.

Am I correcting in thinking this 92641C-1 C board has been modded with cut traces which might explain why I'm getting a black screen after I'm flashing roms. If so can it be reversed to work with the multi?

Attachments

• 20220628_140931.jpg
    20220628_140931.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 55
Back