What's new
Yes, the pinout is always the same one as in the original. It cha gęś from game to game. Sometimes it's used for 3P and some times for Kick buttons. You need to check the manual.

OK i am confused
I had SF2 HF playing and the kick harness on CN101 was not working
is the board that Mitsu sells needed because I noticed it has a CPS2 connector on it

@Darksoft
The CPS1 multi install manual I assume you are talking about, correct?

Thanks for your help as always

I had SF2 HF playing and the kick harness on CN101 was not working

Did you try with a different C Board? which type is yours? with 1PAL or 2 PALs. Is the switch on the multi on ON or OFF?

is the board that Mitsu sells needed because I noticed it has a CPS2 connector on it

It is not needed but is super handy as it will take all the connections to the front of the multi and you dont need to open it ever again. If you add his dip switch extender then you have even easier use.

@Darksoft
The CPS1 multi install manual I assume you are talking about, correct?
No, I'm not. Check here on page 6 how CNI01 is used: https://usermanual.wiki/Document/CaptainCommandoEnglish.1339389348/view
now check here on page 16: https://archive.org/details/arcademanual_street-fighter-2/page/n15/mode/2up

Note to oneself...Check soldering before spending hours swapping out A boards, C boards and everything else! :facepalm:

It was working one day, and then the next day I turned the cab on a just got a blank screen. I swapped/checked pretty much everything I could with working alternatives, but still got the blank screen. It ended up being the reset wire had come unsoldered, but I hadn't noticed as the motherboard was screwed onto a wooden mounting board.

Off (but slightly on-topic) question: would I be able to just purchase the interconnect/filter board that goes to the front of this kit from somewhere? Reason I ask is that I’m in the middle of reviving an un-cased Etc version of Warriors of Fate and am missing the interconnect board to properly power it up. :unsure: Looks like this interconnect that comes with this kit would a be perfect replacement…

Before I start trying to hunt down what went wrong, does anyone know why The UP input may no longer work and P2 B1 and B2 are registering as depressed even without a controller plugged in? With the system turned off, P2 B1 and B2 are Not shorted to ground, so something is happening when the system is on. I figure I could ask before I potentially start a rabbit hole of testing.

Before I start trying to hunt down what went wrong, does anyone know why The UP input may no longer work and P2 B1 and B2 are registering as depressed even without a controller plugged in? With the system turned off, P2 B1 and B2 are Not shorted to ground, so something is happening when the system is on. I figure I could ask before I potentially start a rabbit hole of testing.
Sounds like a faulty A Board to me. Try with a different one if you can. If not, you can start checking through which chips the signals go until you find the faulty component.

Sounds like a faulty A Board to me. Try with a different one if you can. If not, you can start checking through which chips the signals go until you find the faulty component.
I think I found the issue. It was a compound of issues from 2 different sources which threw off all diagnostic common sense. The minigun supergun had 4 pins that were all grounding, which were all the P2 Buttons and one for B4 maybe. i removed all components from the minigun PCB to see what's causing the short and it seems it's shorted within the PCB itself. Absolutely stupid that was possible. So with P2 buttons issues resolved, it was down to the UP on controller one and that one seemed closer to cleaning the JAMMA edge more and Jasen's CPS1 case causing a little more flex than the JAMMA edge liked cause with the top 4 screws left off, it worked fine, but once you squeeze the front steel to secure it to the top steel, it caused a disconnect. Anyways, cleaning the JAMMA edge with a fiberglass pen and testing with the case fully secured now seems to work fine. Gonna do more testing over the weekend.

Hi guys just letting everyone know i got my multis both going. I sent them to DjSheep to take a look at turns out it was just a problem with my setup of boards. the cps1 was a connection problem and the cps2 my B board had a fault. I sent DjSheep another cps2 board and he set it all up for me. Thanks everyone for all the help now time to play some games

Hi @Darksoft, folks - I am getting my second CPS1 multi going, and am having issues with incorrect kick harness firings. With just the A board and the multi installed, playing SF2:HF, when I go into the test menu, P1 button 6 and P2 button 4-6 are randomly firing off - even though there is no kick harness hooked up (no difference if I do hook up a kick harness).

When I use the same A board - and put on the SF2:HF B/C board, everything works well.

Where should I look next? Is it possible the C board isn't working? It works to load up other games. It us an unmodified one, with the battery removed.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi @Darksoft, folks - I am getting my second CPS1 multi going, and am having issues with incorrect kick harness firings. With just the A board and the multi installed, playing SF2:HF, when I go into the test menu, P1 button 6 and P2 button 4-6 are randomly firing off - even though there is no kick harness hooked up (no difference if I do hook up a kick harness).

When I use the same A board - and put on the SF2:HF B/C board, everything works well.

Where should I look next? Is it possible the C board isn't working? It works to load up other games. It us an unmodified one, with the battery removed.

Thanks!

Matt
Hi Matt,

got a couple of pictures? Is the switch on the Multi on ON or OFF. Are you getting the same result using the connector on the C Board and on the multi?

Please let us know.

Back