What's new
Well, when you say there is nothing that stands out and then I see that list, I have a small contradiction feeling ;) You did the right thing. Got an original A Board and all is good!!!
Of the things I listed the only thing that's reworked is the CPS-A-01. Everything else looks original, machine soldered. I'm afraid there could be revisions of chips/boards that are incompatible with the multi. I'd be willing to send my A board out to anyone to take a look at for research purposes.

I hope people learn from your experience. Don't use shit from China who only gosh nows what it really went through.
I actually bought it from a known member here, not China directly, so I didn't ask for pics. I'm not naming him because I can't assume he knew it wouldn't work with a multi either. Basically, anyone buying an A board should ask for pictures. (Maybe anyone selling an A board on here should be required by the rules to post pictures. :P) Look for rework, flux residue, missing components, etc.

I seem to be having a different issue now but this one so far only affects the game Willow. It might affect other games but Willow is the only one I've found so far. The issue is that the background is totally black. Only foreground sprites show up.

I've seen a similar issue with CPS2 and I found that the root cause was the B board not being seated securely enough. However, this Willow issue has happened on more than one A board, and I've verified that it's seated securely. The rom for this came from the usual romset so the source likely isn't the problem. Anything else I can try?

PXL_20230130_215903939.jpg

Looks like it's also Three Wonders affected as well. Street Fighter games look totally fine though.

hello

cps1 multipacks have been updated to Darksoft CPS-1 2023-01-16.7z after a long time ^^

It seems that the sprites have been resolved in Chiki Chiki Boys, but the street fighter 2 CE kouryu version is still running,

but the screen does not come out properly. Can I play all CE hacked version roms?

I think it is a compatibility issue.

The A board I was having issues with, works totally fine a legit SF2CE.

That sounds a lot like C board issue, but could be A board as well.
I can't just keep buying new boards, especially ones considered to be optimally compatible. The model number is on the list of compatible boards. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the board. It worked total fine before installing the multi-kit.

I need something more to go on than "it must be Chinese lol, sucks for you. Try again."

Spending hundreds of dollars just for another attempt to play the board lottery just isn't practical.

why not contact @Mitsurugi-w and pay him to troubleshoot your original (non-chinese) boardset, assuming he's willing? You posted that you have one a few posts ago. How was that one working?

Since nobody here knows for sure how those CPS1.5 boards were reassembled, there's not a whole lot we can do to help. All I know is I bought two of them myself and now they're both dead.

Last edited:
I can't just keep buying new boards, especially ones considered to be optimally compatible. The model number is on the list of compatible boards. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the board. It worked total fine before installing the multi-kit.

I need something more to go on than "it must be Chinese lol, sucks for you. Try again."

Spending hundreds of dollars just for another attempt to play the board lottery just isn't practical.
If you move back a few pages, you'll see examples of my headache I went through to get mine working. Your screen looks very familiar unless you have other games that actually does work besides the Street Fighter. If your results are the same as mine was, then it's most likely the C board. It was probably re-programmed in some form to only play Street Fighter and prevents it from being re-keyed to play others. Anyways, I hunted down an "untouched" C-board and sure enough, everything started playing fine. That was aggrevating, but that's the heartache when dealing with the chinese boards sometimes. I think Mitsu or someone else is selling some re-made C boards from scratch. Might be worth looking into.

I think it is a compatibility issue.

The A board I was having issues with, works totally fine a legit SF2CE.

Are the sf2 ce hack versions all going well then? I also have the basic sf2 ce version working fine. So is it a problem with the A board? Board A was an sf2 ce board.

If rhe game you are trying to run, works well on a original CPS1 then it should also work here. If it's a knock off from Taiwan that uses special hardware, then in many cases it won't work.

reposted as i posted on the wrong thread!!

Hi all! just finished my custom "Baby Blue" out of a blast city cab. I got my cps2 darksoft and it works great!! I finally was able to put together my cps1 darksoft and it seems to have 1 issue. Qsound audio is not working. when i hook up rca cables i just get feedback. the cps1 i have has the capcom qsound chip. am i forgetting a setting to make this work?

Attachments

• 20230205_205555.jpg
    20230205_205555.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230204_023607.jpg
    20230204_023607.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230203_223609.jpg
    20230203_223609.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 46
reposted as i posted on the wrong thread!!

Hi all! just finished my custom "Baby Blue" out of a blast city cab. I got my cps2 darksoft and it works great!! I finally was able to put together my cps1 darksoft and it seems to have 1 issue. Qsound audio is not working. when i hook up rca cables i just get feedback. the cps1 i have has the capcom qsound chip. am i forgetting a setting to make this work?

Make sure your Multi's QSound wire is soldered to the correct point on the A board and that the wire is plugged into the proper connector on the Multi board. Pictures of your Multi installation would be helpful.

Make sure your Multi's QSound wire is soldered to the correct point on the A board and that the wire is plugged into the proper connector on the Multi board. Pictures of your Multi installation would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20230206_194852.jpg
    20230206_194852.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230206_194858.jpg
    20230206_194858.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230206_194903.jpg
    20230206_194903.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 39
i tested continuity as well. the connection seems good and no bridges to the pins next to the solder point. im using a dash board and all dip switches are off. do i need to enable any dip switches to get q sound?

i tested continuity as well. the connection seems good and no bridges to the pins next to the solder point. im using a dash board and all dip switches are off. do i need to enable any dip switches to get q sound?

Here is the wires connected. on a other thread it was said q sound has to go to a q sound amp. im running it to a blast city amp. is this the issue?

Attachments

• 20230206_200021.jpg
    20230206_200021.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 40
also, just to verify, is this the fan header?

Attachments

• 16757362566315876564586619069130.jpg
    16757362566315876564586619069130.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 44
Back