What's new
60 miles in the pouring rain. Well worth the 200$. Now to make it look good. Does any make reproduction marquees or cp art? Looking for the third strike cp layout. Then hopefully I can figure the wiring.

60 miles in the pouring rain. Well worth the 200$. Now to make it look good. Does any make reproduction marquees or cp art? Looking for the third strike cp layout. Then hopefully I can figure the wiring.
60 miles roundtrip, or 120 miles round trip? That is a short trip for any arcade cab, let alone a Gen 1 Big Blue.

There is no original Big Blue or reproduction marquee for 3rd Strike. You're going to have to make your own. As for CP art, you have options. Go with the classic Capcom marble overlay but that overlay is really a signature SF2CE. Actually, you have that already. You might be able to polish it up to original glory. Or you can go with the Capcom diamond plate overlay. This is sort of the "kitchen sink" of overlays for Capcom fighters since WW and CE. Here are links. You can take them to a print shot and save yourself some dough.

120 round trip. Had to move the thing myself. Let me tell you those fuckers are huge. I mean the last time I saw one in person was like 16 years ago. Definitely live up to the name. I would reuse the cp art that is currently on it but someone decided to paint over the words in the middle and some of the buttons. Plus there's some rust. Might as well clean it up and start fresh.

Wahhh? That looks like it came without a monitor? If so, it should be fairly light. They did you a favour by painting over the words. Kept it from fading all these years. That is an OG CP and it looks to be in good shape aside from some yellowing which may be able to be restored. Might be worth the cost of cleaning supplies to get that back to its original luster. Tape around the paint and use some Citristrip and take that paint off. Once off, you can try some Retrobrite to get rid of the yellowing. Do your research on Retrobrite before you decide you want to go that route.

.....and nice work with the gutted determination to get this far. You are going to get what you want out of these efforts. I can see it now.

Talked to like 4 printing companies in my area. None will do it because of copyright. :(

You can try mom and pops stores like the ones that make wraps for deli trucks or restaurant windows tool. If that fails, well, you're not saving a whole lot. Might as well buy it.

But you can print the joystick and button overlays yourself.

You have a first gen blue right? Any specific coin door and catch setup? I will say it's kinda cool to see the original serial numbers on the cab. I'm gonna start sanding and fixing the dings in the cab tomorrow.

I think yours is just a standard Happ coin mech. Measure it. I might have a spare. If so, it is yours. Just pay the shipping which won't be cheap :)

I love those Happ Super Joysticks. They were my first ever sticks I used. Great pick up. Have fun with that.

For those who were curious. Took some more pics of big blue. Looking at the serial numbers made me excited. It was an original sf3 cab.

http://imgur.com/tPt3VrW,lWkbuj3,lnjmNtm,dkNWxDK,wLz8kYG,JZiiA4p,z3hjoLj,P7ZnqxG,Wl7Ztx7,MRsGV2t
Actually, what you have is an original, dedicated SF2:CE Big Blue cab! When Capcom outsourced the construction of the cabinets to Dynamo, they just told the Dynamo corporation that the cabs would be for the next Street Fighter game. Dynamo assumed they meant Street Fighter 3 so they labeled the cabs as such.

If you look for the copyright date on those stickers, you'll likely see 1992 on there. So you have yourself a great, original SF2:CE dedicated cabinet.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for a date. Haven't really seen anything besides the stickers on the cab. There is numbers in the back etched into it. I'm almost done the body work of the cabinet. Been a lot of bondo and sanding. I'll post pics once I'm done.

Talked to like 4 printing companies in my area. None will do it because of copyright. :(
I bought my SF2CE marble overlay from https://www.escapepodonline.com/. You can get the diamond plate overlay from them too. I recommend these guys because of the material they use. I just got done installing an SF2CE overlay in a Z-back cab. The backing material ripped on my and then stuck to the sticker. I could not get it off. I just laid it onto the CP. You can clearly see raised areas o n the CP. Thankfully, the Lexan will cover over that. Also the decal stock was stretchy. Caused some misalignment.

However, the stock that these guys use is on heavy printed material. It does not stretch. Also, the backing should not rip on you as you apply. it. Should be slightly more expensive than printing it youself, but well worth it.

Take pics of the chassis in the back exposing as much of the sticker on the aluminum frame as you can. Need to confirm if it is a K7000. If it is a K7000, pick it up. Parts for the K7000 are still easy to come by and if you have issues in the future, lots of repair options for you. A refurb'ed K7000 chassis is sold for about $175 + shipping alone. Then you need a tube and frame before it is even a working monitor. That is a solid deal relatively speaking. Considering the cost of your Big Blue cab and that monitor, $500 total is money well spent.

Even better if you can get him to bite at south of $200 :)

I know it won't be seen by anyone so I figured I'd share with you guys. http://imgur.com/FH5Jl7a

Sanded all the rust off ready for graphics. Which should be here next week.
@acblunden2 the size of the coin door opening is roughly 20x7 in. Let me know if you have that coin door and what it would be to ship.

Secondary marquee came in today.
http://imgur.com/5qmHd8f
I liked this image of third strike so I had it printed. Wish it was original art work. Lots a lot better then what it came with. I figure I'll switch out marquees every so often.

Back