What's new
little questtion ca you add trackball support ?
At the moment trackball support is not planned. I think trackballs have to be on node 2 and I'm not sure what hardware requirements trackballs have in general. I'm not revising the board to accommodate for more hardware features at this time.

Nothing much to report at the moment.

I think I have my code cleaned up and ready for initial release. I'm on point to ship a V2 test unit to a forum member.

After having assembled a couple of V2 units, I'm kind of wishing I had handled the placement of the SD module differently. I was stuck within an unfortunate size limit in Eagle that lead me to planning for the module to be installed on the bottom of the board, except that the orientation means that the pins that come pre-installed in the module are on the wrong side and have to be desoldered. It wouldn't be a big deal if I could find these modules without pins installed, but I haven't come across any.

There is the potential to install the SD module top side with the stock pins, if you forego some optional input and output headers.

Ultimately I'm wanting to do a V3 revison in Kicad where I won't have size limitations and can place everything in a more ideal location, but not sure when I will get time to work on this. It will end up taking a long time because I will likely need to re-create all of the assets from my Eagle design.

I'll probably move forward with the V2 release with the plan that the eventual V3 would be 100% the same components, just layed out differently.

Oh... and I haven't found any nice way to fasten the SD module to the board. I can't find inter-board connectors small enough, so I'm left recommending hot glue. ||

A V2 is in the hands of a member here and I'm hoping things go well there and I can start looping in @Mitsurugi-w and work on getting these in the hands of those who are interested.

Unfortunately, things are probably going to kind of be as-is for quite some time unless someone else wants to contribute. I recently started a new job and now I know what it's like to actually be busy with work. :P My previous job didn't have enough for me to do, so I was able to work on my arcade projects during work hours, but that wasn't sustainable.

Anyway, I'll work to get this released, but probably won't be able to offer much in the way of support or enhancements.

i thought there was some talk on mitsu possibly providing a few prebuilt ones? Depending on complexity might be fun to assemble...or not (for me) haha

Most likely depending on what @winteriscoming decides there will be an option for a pre-built MEGA JVS I/O for those of us that do not want to assemble it ourselves.

I am speaking mainly on the option that if anyone is preparing to have this cool device, buying the Arduino board is beneficial.

Think of the MEGA JVS I/O as a daughterboard to the Arduino board.

i can build some if people cant solder. i have a ver 1 right now. fairly straight forward to build

I might feel adventurous depending on the complexity. I know how to solder and have done caps and simple projects like a amateur diy Supergun and Saturn fgw converter. Depends on the instructions if any for a noob like me 8)

Back