What's new
I got the cart from @LHantz

Damn, I forgot how big those old motherboards are :)

I will do one test at a time, and each test test at least 60 minutes.

First test is with the cart, base and sd as it came to me.

I turned on, menu started, no pixelation or glitches whatsoever.. 3 games already asigned to the slots..

started first slot from menu, Blazing star (nice) played two levels, nothing strange..

Jumped to second slot, Mslug3 played two bosses.. Nothing strange here..

Jumped to third slot, Nam1975.Heere something strange: digital voices not available.. Mmm this happened already in some beta firmware, went directly to the menu, and selected slot 3 directly.. Digital voices worked again.. Played with it some minutes (don't really like the game, so not too much)

Went back to menu, checked firmware and menu version..everything seems to be updated.

Went to the list of games.. List of games seem to go only to letter w.. I will check that later

I updated the game in slot 2, aerofighters2, love this game..played for several minutes.. Nothing remarcable.. Jumped to slot3.. Digital voices work again in nam175.. Jump to first slot, played again with blazing star, everything in order.

Jumped back to menu, updated slot 1 with kof98

Started kof98.. Played like 10 combats, everything ok

Jumped to second slot.. Ooops bootloop! That's not normal, macro to go to menu doesn't work, but I can jump to next slot3.. Nam1975.. Everything ok..

Jump to slot1, played kof98 (no problems), jumped to slot2 and bootloop again..so jumped to slot 3 and then to menu and reprogrammed slot 2 to ghost pilots.

Started slot 1 (no problems), jumped to slot2 and played ghost pilots (no problems).. Jumped to slot3 (no problems), jumped back to slot 2 and played ghost pilots (no bootloop)

Went back to menu (no problems)

So so far three glitches

1- nam1975 lost digital voices (only once)
2- bootloop in slot 2 (glitch disappeared after reprograming)
3- game list stops at letter w

Does not look too bad so far.

I will play for two hours more and then next test will be with a reformatted SD, to see if it fixes the gamelist glitch

Last edited:
I realize that currently these are built into the cart
It's a part of the cart menu files/system far as I'm aware, and no they don't all currently have an image.

I can see a benefit to being able to set your own images/titles, but if these were improperly made it could crash the menu system...
By keeping them built-in, proper function/display can be guaranteed.

I can see a benefit to being able to set your own images/titles, but if these were improperly made it could crash the menu system...
By keeping them built-in, proper function/display can be guaranteed.
I think you're missing what I'm asking.

If possible I'd like if I or others could submit the missing files to darksoft for inclusion.

it arrived perfectly :)

I can get to the menu so far without problems. Where did you connect the controllers, to the motherboard or to the jamma harness? Are you using jamma switchers?

I reformatted your card with FAT32 and 64k clusters, and recopied Smoke's pack.

Now I can see all games, and I went back and forth to the menu and I still can see the last games.

I played more with the new sd and looks ok..but I'm gong to play some hours more and switch games back and forth

QcFV6Gz.jpg

Question: Should every ROM in the current roll up pack have an associate image when viewing the game list? I noticed that a lot of games didn't have images when I was using mine. Just wasn't sure if that was normal or not.

Follow Up Question: The images that were there were rather low quality, IMO. I'm assuming these were full color logos that were reduced to fit within the sprite/color limitations of the MVS. I realize that currently these are built into the cart but If I wanted to work on filling in some of the gaps or making improved logos what resolution/color settings/file format should I be working with?
Not all games have an associate image. We inserted as much as we could. We can improve the quality at any time and we will welcome anyone trying to help here. Right now we are focusing on fixing the bugs.

@LHantz can you please post a picture of your setup. I mean how you connect the mobo to your cabinet, monitor/TV, etc.

If I wanted to work on filling in some of the gaps or making improved logos what resolution/color settings/file format should I be working with?
Not all games have an associate image. We inserted as much as we could. We can improve the quality at any time and we will welcome anyone trying to help here.
Would like to help while I am waiting for the multi and youre fixing bugs...
I love "photoshopping" - please tell me which format and any important specs the titles must have.
Just out of curiousity: real game titles are
also on the any-time-improvement-list, right?

Reactions: SVM
Would like to help while I am waiting for the multi and youre fixing bugs...I love "photoshopping" - please tell me which format and any important specs the titles must have.
Just out of curiousity: real game titles are
also on the any-time-improvement-list, right?
Let me get some specs for you...and yes real game titles could be very nice to have.

Can't play that though as I'm sadly a 4-slot owner x3.
Did you try it?
Well, tried it in one of the three I have, anyway. With Unibios. 8GB Samsung EVO card, FAT32, largest cluster size, Smokemonster pack, but with the update files from the instructions thread.

Removed a handful of region differences *before* copying to the card to eek in under 8GB. Put the update in both places per the instructions.

Updated just fine, and let me choose 3 games to flash.

It flashed the first game in about 7 seconds, got to the second one and hung on it for 25 minutes. So I shut it off, and turned it back on.

I was greeted with the little guy and the option to press S, and it showing 2 games flashed. I pressed start and nothing happened. Tried Service as well, and nothing. Tried the switch games button and it coined up.

Captain Tomaday eventually loaded. Couldn't swap to other games, both I'd think because game 2 never finished flashing, and because switch games is now coin?

Crashed about 2 minutes into the game.

Reboots just get to the guy walking around with the option to press S, if I let it go into the game it crashes instantly. Pressing S still does nothing.

Removed the multi and tossed in golf and Metal Slug X to double-check that the coin issues were not wiring, and they're not. It switches between games properly when pressed.

Going to give it a shot in my other 4-slot that's hooked up in a cab next.

I have a third 4-slot I can swap in as well to see if maybe that one works, but who knows at this point!

Sorry if I missed it, Guys...can't recall seeing input on games missing from the list. I also had a few missing (incl Windjammers) but not the issue of only getting to a certain letter.

My game list was very out of order though. Would a FAT sorter likely fix that or is it indicative of something else?

Sorry if I missed it, Guys...can't recall seeing input on games missing from the list. I also had a few missing (incl Windjammers) but not the issue of only getting to a certain letter.

My game list was very out of order though. Would a FAT sorter likely fix that or is it indicative of something else?
I noticed this. It's sorted by game title alphabetically but the actual list displays the rom filename. They're similar in most cases but not all same.

e.g. "The King of Fighters" are all under "T" but the roms all start with K - "kof*" and they show up in the T section accordingly.

@Mitsurugi-w

On my other two 4 slots I have the same behavior between them. They're both on a stock BIOS. They both will load any game into slot 1, and that will work, but there's no swapping between games. And if left in attract mode it won't fine the second or third slots either.

I don't seem to have any graphical issues, or crashes from what time I've spent with it (mostly Crossed Swords 2, but I messed around with a bunch of other games too). It just acts like a one slot even if it has flashed all three games.

it arrived perfectly :)
I can get to the menu so far without problems. Where did you connect the controllers, to the motherboard or to the jamma harness? Are you using jamma switchers?

I reformatted your card with FAT32 and 64k clusters, and recopied Smoke's pack.

Now I can see all games, and I went back and forth to the menu and I still can see the last games.

I played more with the new sd and looks ok..but I'm gong to play some hours more and switch games back and forth

QcFV6Gz.jpg
How about going back to the menu or doing a reboot? Still fine then? When I freshly format my sd card everything usually works perfectly the first time. Shit hits the fan when going back to the menu or doing a reboot after having played some games.

I noticed this. It's sorted by game title alphabetically but the actual list displays the rom filename. They're similar in most cases but not all same.
e.g. "The King of Fighters" are all under "T" but the roms all start with K - "kof*" and they show up in the T section accordingly.
If it hang when it was writing the 2nd game after 20 minutes, that means that it didnt actually write anything and that's the reason why you cant switch game. Try going back to the menu and write again a game in the 2nd slot.

How about going back to the menu or doing a reboot? Still fine then? When I freshly format my sd card everything usually works perfectly the first time. Shit hits the fan when going back to the menu or doing a reboot after having played some games.
How many files and folders you have on the game folder when you get the issues?

I restarted many times.. I have still 220 games in the menu

Last edited:
I am running it through an Electrocoin Cab with a standard JAMMA harness, running at about 5.15V at the edge connector(have an LED display). Just before I sent it out, I reformatted it with 64kb clusters via Windows 10 (quick format), but still seemed to have the same problems. Could it be the way the SD card is formatted?

Back