What's new
Please notice that if you're setup is up and running, I dont recommend applying the fix. This is intended for users with problems that don't want / can't adjust the voltage level.

Please notice that if you're setup is up and running, I dont recommend applying the fix. This is intended for users with problems that don't want / can't adjust the voltage level.
But this will be default in the next batch, right?
Just out of curiosity, what does that line carry that can be harmlessly cut?
I always imagined (but I’m ignorant) something like cut that and add a jumper wire there.

Locutus73

I'm assuming it's connected to a capacitor for power filtering but due to its proximity to the FPGA traces it's causing a voltage increase which is in turn causing erroneous inputs/outputs from/to the FPGA.

Cutting the trace is harmless as there is plenty of other power filtering on board and this cap is probably connected to another area as well (but the more redundancy the better) and this is why the problem is otherwise resolved by adjusting the voltage lower.

Disclaimer: This is an assumption

Hi all, I'm finally using my multicart (on Omega with UNIBIOS 3.3), no problems with games (at least those I've tried) but:

1)I updated to the latest menu, and actually, each time the system boots or i return to menu from the games with start+right, after the "checking filesystem" I have the "restoring to default" message and i lose the menu preferences (LIST and NO ANIMATION turn back to THUMBS and ANIMATION). As far as I understood some people were experiencing the same bug and this was fixed... It's not really clear if there a way to save the menu config or the saving should be automatic... Tried to re-update the menu, delete the buff file...The problem is still there...What should I do?

2)Concerning the corrupted UNIBIOS NEO GEO logo on boot... As suggested elsewhere I changed address 0x108 in prom (both in update/menu and games/menu) from 0x0040 to 0x0004 with a hexeditor...Instead of the scrambled logo I obtain a black patch, which if better, is not really the best... Will this problem ever be fixed permanently?

Thanks for attention.
Andre

1) Sounds like an issue with your battery. Either its dead or it still has a rechargeable that isn't charging enough. I would expect Omega CMVS units have a coin cell battery mod. Don't know though.

2) We have some ideas but since it's more of a issue with the way the Unibios pulls the logo rather than a problem with the cart it is on the low-priority list.

1) Sounds like an issue with your battery. Either its dead or it still has a rechargeable that isn't charging enough. I would expect Omega CMVS units have a coin cell battery mod. Don't know though.

The Omega doesn't come with a coin cell battery mod... My system, anyway, keeps all the other settings (soft dips, region settings ect..), so, as what I have read elsewhere, the battery should be alright... Well, I tried to restore the 0x0040 in 0x108 (=corrupted NEO GEO logo) and the menu config saving works again...Any ideas? :)

2) We have some ideas but since it's more of a issue with the way the Unibios pulls the logo rather than a problem with the cart it is on the low-priority list.

Sad, but i'm going to survive with the scrambled logo, as long as the menu config saving works. :P

Last edited:
hi guys, today I played different games, every games works correctly. I just one to share with you these 2 points:

a) loading times: I have a microsd Kingstone class 10. Here some examples of loading times:

1) Only Garou mark of the wolves in slot A --> it takes about 60" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 40" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And of course, when I run the game, it starts in about 2 seconds without loading times.

2) Alpha Mission 2 in slot A, Andro Dunos in Slot B, Magician Lord in Slot C --> it takes about 60" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 30" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And then, if I run one of the 3 games, then they starts in about 2 seconds.

3) Art of Fighting 3 in slot A, Blazing Star in Slot B, Fatal Fury 2 in Slot C --> it takes about 1':25" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 57" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And then, if I run one of the 3 games, then they starts in about 2 seconds.

Is it normal? Or do you think that i have to buy a better microSD?

b) issues in some logo? I post here some logos (don't care about colors, they aren't real, the camera of the phone distort them and in addition I compressed them). It seems that in some game log there are some "uncolored" pixels...? Or is it normal?
https://s14.postimg.cc/4b4c8518h/IMG_1265_FILEminimizer.jpg
https://s14.postimg.cc/m160t84jl/IMG_1266_FILEminimizer.jpg
https://s14.postimg.cc/6sg3fgqap/IMG_1267_FILEminimizer.jpg
https://s14.postimg.cc/ng7lhz0ht/IMG_1268_FILEminimizer.jpg

thank you

P.S.: I have the same issue of the corrupted Neo Geo Unibios logo. Usually it happens when I push START+RIGHT when i return in the main menu

hi guys, today I played different games, every games works correctly. I just one to share with you these 2 points:

a) loading times: I have a microsd Kingstone class 10. Here some examples of loading times:

1) Only Garou mark of the wolves in slot A --> it takes about 60" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 40" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And of course, when I run the game, it starts in about 2 seconds without loading times.

2) Alpha Mission 2 in slot A, Andro Dunos in Slot B, Magician Lord in Slot C --> it takes about 60" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 30" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And then, if I run one of the 3 games, then they starts in about 2 seconds.

3) Art of Fighting 3 in slot A, Blazing Star in Slot B, Fatal Fury 2 in Slot C --> it takes about 1':25" the 1st time when I push "Exit and Program Games". Then, i turned off the console. I turned on it again and it takes about 57" before to visualize the Main menu of the cart. And then, if I run one of the 3 games, then they starts in about 2 seconds.

b) issues in some logo? I post here some logos (don't care about colors, they aren't real, the camera of the phone distort them and in addition I compressed them). It seems that in some game log there are some "uncolored" pixels...? Or is it normal?

thank you

P.S.: I have the same issue of the corrupted Neo Geo Unibios logo. Usually it happens when I push START+RIGHT when i return in the main menu
I've got a 32gig Sandisk class 10.
Unibios 2.3
2slot mobo in Neo Cab.

I tried your games and got :-

Games setup before start:- Viewpoint - ZuPapa - Money Exchange Puzzler

Swap to :-

Garou
35 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
26 from cold to boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

AM2 - AD - ML
21 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
23 sec from cold boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

Swap to :- ( after a good go at Andro Dunos :)

AoF3 - BS - FF3
53 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
33 sec from cold boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

I feel you may need to re-format your card and try again, if same source another card ( may even clear up you dots )
Hope this helps.

Ps. Cheers for getting me back in touch with Andro Dunos! Great game!!

The game logos are not very high resolution so some dots in them is normal.

thank you

I've got a 32gig Sandisk class 10.Unibios 2.3
2slot mobo in Neo Cab.

I tried your games and got :-

Games setup before start:- Viewpoint - ZuPapa - Money Exchange Puzzler

Garou
35 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
26 from cold to boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

AM2 - AD - ML
21 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
23 sec from cold boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

Swap to :- ( after a good go at Andro Dunos :)

AoF3 - BS - FF3
53 sec to erase and flash and boot to game.
33 sec from cold boot to game ( via intro music, animation then jump to slot 1 via A )

I feel you may need to re-format your card and try again, if same source another card ( may even clear up you dots )
Hope this helps.

Ps. Cheers for getting me back in touch with Andro Dunos! Great game!!
Ah! you are really faster than me! Ok, i have quick formatted the microSD and i put in the newest package from PascalIP.

2 question:
1) in order to correctly format it, which is the right cluster size? I have these values: https://s14.postimg.cc/631wgiugx/Immagine2.png
2) excuse me, what do you mean with "clear up your dots"? Do you think that I have to clear the nvram?

thanks!

Thanks
1) done, formatted at 64 kilobyte. And i cleaned the nvram too
2) now I'm copying the latest PascalIP pack on the microSD. I will keep you updated

Why are you using the PascalIP pack instead of the official Roll-Up @legolas119? The Roll-Up has the latest Menu and will put everyone on the same page for testing. The PascalIP pack may have an outdated menu and includes some games that aren't compatible.

Can anyone else with packs up please take them down? They are just adding to confusion at this point @PascalP, etc. If you need things changed in the official roll-up, please just let me know instead of circulating alternative packs.

Why are you using the PascalIP pack instead of the official Roll-Up @legolas119? The Roll-Up has the latest Menu and will put everyone on the same page for testing. The PascalIP pack may have an outdated menu and includes some games that aren't compatible.

Can anyone else with packs up please take them down? They are just adding to confusion at this point @PascalP, etc. If you need things changed in the official roll-up, please just let me know instead of circulating alternative packs.
In all fairness, he distributed his when yours was using an outdated menu for troubleshooting purposes. But I agree, all alternative packs should be taken down now and everybody should use only 1 source (yours) :)

@SmokeMonster: ok, thanks. In any case i have always downloaded the latest PascalIP pack, with the latest menu and rom pack. In any case, I'm downloadind your official pack and I will use it. But...the download speed it's only at 50 or 60 KB/sec...is it normal? It will takes 12 hours more or less :(
ah ok, i confirm that the issue in this logos are still there. Probably it isn't an issue...am I right? Do you see these logos as me?

@ZuPoint : well, now I have an improvemet in loading times...partially

Garou
45 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 42 from cold to boot to game --> not good as you (in particular from cold to boot it still takes a lot of time), but better than before

AlphaMission2 - AndroDunos - MagicianLord
28 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 23 sec from cold boot to game --> really better than before, more or less as you

AoF3 - BlazingStar - FF2 (you wrote FF3...it was a typing error? My test is with FF2)
50 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 52 sec from cold boot to game --> better than before (in particular to erase an flash) but not good as you in particular from cold to boot it still takes a lot of time (about 20 seconds plus than you!)

I currently have a Sandisk 64GB class 10, I can try with this microSD and using the SmokeMonster latest packin order to see if loading times will be better.
Can anyone else post his loading times if it is possible?

thanks

Last edited:
@SmokeMonster: ok, thanks. In any case i have always downloaded the latest PascalIP pack, with the latest menu and rom pack. In any case, I'm downloadind your official pack and I will use it. But...the download speed it's only at 50 or 60 KB/sec...is it normal? It will takes 12 hours more or less :(
ah ok, i confirm that the issue in this logos are still there. Probably it isn't an issue...am I right? Do you see these logos as me?
@ZuPoint : well, now I have an improvemet in loading times...partially

Garou
45 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 42 from cold to boot to game --> not good as you (in particular from cold to boot it still takes a lot of time), but better than before

AlphaMission2 - AndroDunos - MagicianLord
28 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 23 sec from cold boot to game --> really better than before, more or less as you

AoF3 - BlazingStar - FF2 (you wrote FF3...it was a typing error? My test is with FF2)
50 sec to erase and flash and boot to game and 52 sec from cold boot to game --> better than before (in particular to erase an flash) but not good as you in particular from cold to boot it still takes a lot of time (about 20 seconds plus than you!)

I currently have a Sandisk 64GB class 10, I can try with this microSD and using the SmokeMonster latest packin order to see if loading times will be better.
Can anyone else post his loading times if it is possible?

thanks
Sounds like you got it sorted, your erase and load times are very close to mine.
As for the cold boot i feel the difference could be things like MVS setup and when / where you stop / start timer!
The spots i've only just noticed thanks to Mit are always there in the low res logo.

Now i'm going back to play Andro Dunos and Viewpoint!

Back