What's new
thanks!

I'm checking the read/write real speed of my microSD.

Kingstone (16Gb, used on flashcard): Reading speed 18.4 MB/s Writing Speed: 11 MB/s
Sandisk (64Gb, not yet used on flashcard): Reading speed 18.44 MB/s Writing Speed: 17 MB/s

Reading on google it seems that Kingston aren't the better choice if you are looking for performance... So probably i will buy another microSD. Which is the most important parameter in order to choose the right one and improve the loading times? Reading speed or writing speed?

I read that this Samsung (16 or 32 GB) is really good: the 32Gb model has up to 90GB in reading speed and up to 20MB in wrtiting speed. I don't know about 16Gb model, I will ask to the vendor
https://www.ebay.it/itm/Samsung-Mic...hash=item25f50ebcda:m:mUOuXrFOWwbjULpSMCFhnag
The spots i've only just noticed thanks to Mit are always there in the low res logo.
ah ok perfect, it isn't an issue :)

Last edited:
@SmokeMonster...the download speed it's only at 50 or 60 KB/sec...is it normal? It will takes 12 hours more or less :(
Did you try the regular DL link and the mirror? One of them should be fast.
both...same speed. So now I'm downloading from the regular link. Tomorrow morning it will be finished :)
EDIT: now the speed is really improved! In about half an hour it should be finished!

Last edited:
I really need to monitor this thread (or perhaps this whole section) better so I'll apologize for that up front. I know there are issues with using multi slot boards with unibios so I've not said anything to this point. Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down my original BIOS (I know I have it but it's probably still packed away from my move...a year ago lol). I also haven't been able to pull my single slots out of storage yet to test, though to be honest I've mostly just been waiting for a fix. That said - has there been any notable progress on the multi slot issues? If not, that's cool, I just don't want to go digging around for hours until I find my old single slots if there might be a fix soon :)

Maybe I should also mention that while I know it's been said there are issues and to avoid using Unibios with a multi slot, I hadn't actually seen what the issues are - to be clear and just in case what I am seeing could be something else - basically the slot my multi is in gets skipped like it's not there. If I place update files and whatnot on the SD card, they do go away, so I assume it's updating properly (maybe?) but it doesn't actually boot.

Also, if there's a separate thread I should be following for those specific issues, please point me there if you would be so kind :whistling:

@Mitsurugi-w Can you please link to your video when you show the multi in a 4 slot PCB and how you make it work?

This is of course a temporary solution that we are tryhing to solve so that the multi recognizes the cart right from the beggining.

@Mattroid nice to you see around :thumbup:

@Mitsurugi-w Can you please link to your video when you show the multi in a 4 slot PCB and how you make it work?

This is of course a temporary solution that we are tryhing to solve so that the multi recognizes the cart right from the beggining.

@Mattroid nice to you see around :thumbup:
Many thanks - sorry I missed the video :/

Good to be around :thumbsup:

You just have to let the cart boot fully. If it is the only cart on the pcb then it should boot just like a 1 slot. If you have original carts installed and you are skipping between slots the multi will be picked up after a certain point in it's boot cycle. Usually after I have cycled through all slots once.

Sorry. I may have deleted the video. I don't see it on my Youtube. Didn't I just send the video to you via Whatsapp, DS?

You just have to let the cart boot fully. If it is the only cart on the pcb then it should boot just like a 1 slot. If you have original carts installed and you are skipping between slots the multi will be picked up after a certain point in it's boot cycle. Usually after I have cycled through all slots once.

Sorry. I may have deleted the video. I don't see it on my Youtube. Didn't I just send the video to you via Whatsapp, DS?
Got it - I was likely skipping through too fast in all my initial tests. I had to wait several minutes the first time before it was recognized and even now it *seems* like I have better luck letting the game in front of the multi go through its entire attract mode and auto-switching. After that, if I cycle through the slots for any reason it's good to go until a hard reboot. Could just be coincidence, though.

Thanks guys, time to get to playing :thumbsup:

I just got a RGB cable (from RetroGamingCables) for my Boardmaster Control Box and the multi is outputting all games and the menu etc with weird colours and glitches.

Here's some photos to show what's happening:

IMG_8740.jpg
IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_8742.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg

I'm using a Neo Geo MVS-1A-CH motherboard. I've tried upping and downing the +5v with no success.

Here's the weird thing, S-Video works 100% just fine still.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the motherboard or the Boardmaster or the sync. The RGB cable works with every PCB I've thrown at it and every other Darksoft Multi I own (F3, ST-V, CPS-2).

Anyone out there with the same control box or motherboard have any issues?

I haven't cut the trace yet as it's been working fine up until this point.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I just got a RGB cable (from RetroGamingCables) for my Boardmaster Control Box and the multi is outputting all games and the menu etc with weird colours and glitches.

Here's some photos to show what's happening:

IMG_8740.jpg
IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_8742.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg

I'm using a Neo Geo MVS-1A-CH motherboard. I've tried upping and downing the +5v with no success.

Here's the weird thing, S-Video works 100% just fine still.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the motherboard or the Boardmaster or the sync. The RGB cable works with every PCB I've thrown at it and every other Darksoft Multi I own (F3, ST-V, CPS-2).

Anyone out there with the same control box or motherboard have any issues?

I haven't cut the trace yet as it's been working fine up until this point.

Thanks for your help.
Do you get weird colors with an original cart?

Regards.

Locutus73

Just to be extremely clear and sort out any possible doubt:
“Nope” meaning you tried an original Neo Geo cart and it works as expected (no strange colors)
Not “nope” meaning I don’t have any original cart so I didn’t test
Right?

Locutus73

Last edited:
Looks like there's leakage across the RGB colour space. Are there pots to adjust the gain for each colour on your control box? You may need to reduce the blue and green a bit.

Just to be extremely clear and sort out any possible doubt:“Nope” meaning you tried an original Neo Geo cart and it works as expected (no strange colors)
Not “nope” meaning I don’t have any original cart so I didn’t test
Right?

Locutus73
NOPE :) -- Sorry for the vagueness, I meant "nope", as in I didn't try with an original cart and feel like a idiot now for not even trying that before posting.

Looks like there's leakage across the RGB colour space. Are there pots to adjust the gain for each colour on your control box? You may need to reduce the blue and green a bit.
I'll open the box up and try tinkering with the controls. I'll be getting a Neo Geo cart to test it with soon hopefully, that will let me know. I guess it's more likely the motherboard or control box than Darksoft kit if no one else has had this issue, but we'll see :)

I've got several motherboards and a stack of carts (including Pulstar) if you want to bring it down to test. Your motherboard or control box may also need a recap.

Interested to know how you go adjusting the pots assuming it has that option.

Pulstar is also known to have issues on the multi, so it could be that, not sure what the known issues are though.

Hi,
I bought a new microSD, a Samsung Evo Plus 16 GB, Class 10, and UHS Speed Class 3. Declared read/write speed: 95/90 MB/s. Measured (with SpeedOut) read/write speed: 18.2 / 12.5 MB/s

I compared it with the Kingstone 8 GB, Class 10, UHS Speed Class 1. Declared read/write speed: unknown. Measured (with SpeedOut) read/write speed: 18.4 / 11.4 MB/s

Here my tests:

s31.postimg.cc/bbnah0b0r/Immagine2.png

What do you think? Is it normal?

I noticed that even if I change the battery one months ago, the issue related to the date/time is returned: curretly the date/time isn't saved. Even if I set it, if I try to check it after 1 hour and the date/time is wrong. Do you think that this can badly influence the loading times?
I removed the battery, set the date/hour, without tunr off the console (i have the cross hatch testr screen) and after 1 hour the date/hour is correct. So probably it is necessary to change the battery. But i don't know if it could improve the loading times...

Or do you think that my loading times are normal?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back