What's new
Dark, i am thinking about the terraonion support of neogeo cd audio in mono for their products. correct me if i am wrong and forgive me if i cannot write a good sentence, but i think that they achieved that using ADPCM but it is mono (like every noise factory games with sample music) via their sd cart. I am asking from me and myself about adding stereo neogeocd sound adding to neosd cartridge a stereo jack (like the first megadrive) or stereo rca connectors and forcing neogeocd audio stream to go directly to those jacks and have 2 separate audio streams, one for the audio effect and the other for stereo cd sound. What do you think?
I don't think that this is how they do it. In any case, as we stated we won't be adding support for NeoCD.

The microSD shouldhave a folder called \games that contains all the games to play.IMPORTANT! Only SDHC microSD are supported. Don't use a SDXC microSD!Those games can be converted from MAME romset using a script. We will not provide any infoabout roms or where to get them. You must ensure yourself that you are legally entitled to runanything that goes on that microSD.

I think this is what i'm not sure about. i'm not actually sure how to create folders and also im not sure if the romsets are available yet. i've read and clicked and found that the archive is closed. this is where i would like to see some more detail. i know it's sketchy that i don't know what i'm doing but i'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, i can provide my personal email or cell phone numbers to anyone that can provide me a little more insight. i was kind of hoping it was a little easier then this for someone with my crappy skill set...lol. if anyone knows of a youtube video that will help guide me that would be amazing as well. thanks in advance.

Yes, the games archive is down at the moment but should be up soon again.

Regarding you SD card you only need to stickit into your pc and create the 2 folders "update" and "games". The games from the arcive should be extracted/copied to the games folder and the firmware updates etc. to the update folder. That's all. :)

While waiting for the MVS Multi to be available for purchase again, and now that the Roll-Up Pack is down, I'm trying to recreate it from clean MAME romset. I have it almost complete, save for the following exceptions:
  • kof99, kof99e, kof2000, garou and garouh: these romsets have and aditional prom1 file. For kof2003 and mslug3 I figured out it is just a 1MB file filled with zeros or ones. But for the rest of them, I can't figure it out. There is no documentation regarding this prom1 file, except from a message posted by Darksoft saying "some games with special fpga configuration, will need an extra file called prom1". Does anybody know hoe these files are generated, and if they are really needed?
  • mslugx: in the Roll-Up pack there is a prom file, and a old_prom file. Old_prom is just the result of concatenating the P roms, but I don't know what prom file is. I suppose is some kind of protection patch, but as far as I understand, mslugx protection is already implemented. Does anybody know what prom file is needed for mslugx?
  • kof98, kof98a, kof98k and fatfury2: these romsets need copy protection patches. For ssideki I figured out how to patch it by looking at an old MAME version source code, but for the rest of games, it seems not so easy. Does anybody know how to patch these games?
Once I have these issues addressed, I think I can reconstruct the full romset based on the SmokeMonster SMDB file.

Thanks for your help.

They are mostly as you pointed out protection patches for games that used security chips. Some used FPGA protection and others used custom protection.

There are only a handful of people who can patch the games you've mentioned (particularly KoF98 and MSX) and they don't really share. I believe DS wrote his own patches or the cart works around it?

Hello

I have issues with the DS multi MVS I've got visual glitches and can not use it anymore.
I have tried with many motherboard on different cab and it's come from the cart.
Do you have any ideas on how I can solve this? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9798.jpg
    IMG_9798.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 154
Hello

I have issues with the DS multi MVS I've got visual glitches and can not use it anymore.
I have tried with many motherboard on different cab and it's come from the cart.
I assume that it was working before, right? Did something change in your setup before it stopped working?

Yes it was working well. I haven't use it for few days and it did that when I switched on the cab recently. I ve try modify the 5V (4.97 / 5.03) but nothing change. What can I do?

Hello

I also have the same type of problem, (graphics glitches on all games) I can't use my cartridge now.

Maybe i've post my issues not in the good section ?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it. I understand that this cart (don't own one yet) has virtual slots to have 3 games "ready to go" simultaneously. What would be the selection behavior if I put it into a 4-slot mainboard in a Neo-Geo cabinet? Would I be able to change the virtual slot by pressing the game select button on the cab? If I had other carts in the other slots in the mainbaord would it then cycle through those as well?

What I'd like is for the multi to be "invisible" unless I call up the menu to change games in the virtual slot, but not sure if this is possible.

No. The game that is currently being played in the multi cart is what will show when you cycle the games on the motherboard with the game select button.

You can "load" 3 games into the memory of the cart. When switching between these 3 games, the game will load instantly.

So basically, a one slot motherboard has 3 games ready to go.

Not sure how this works with a 4 slot. I assume it just acts like a regular cart when switching between the 4 slots, so whichever game is loaded into the multi will show in that slot. I don't know for sure though as I only own a 1 slot.

I just opened ds mvs multi, put the game on the sd card and tried to put it in mvs multi, but I am very embarrassed.. Even if the sd card is inserted, it is not fixed..-_-;; It keeps popping out... Is it bad?

mvs1F 보드를 사용하여 mvs multi를 사용합니다. 주소 eorror는 게임 시작 후 발생합니다. kof98 및 meteal slug3가 시작 되 자마자 시작 화면에 주소 오류가 발생하므로 아무것도 할 수 없습니다.

Back