What's new
I made another topic and was told to post here.

I purchased a Darksoft MVS cart from High Scores and when I turn it on I get nothing. I tried putting the sd card in and taking it out and my Omega Consolized system doesnt even recognize the cart.

I followed all the instruction and put the games under /games and the update under /update etc. However, I'm getting nothing. My Omega turns on and just goes into the bios like there is no game inserted.

I'm playing it on an Omega Consolized System. I'm using a sandisk Ultra 32GB formated to Fat32 per the instructions. I have triple checked everything and I believe I did everything right.

I'm lost and ready to send it back in for a new one.

Continuing here, is the update folder empty now? How long did you let it sit? The file structure needs time to set up on first boot so you’ll see bios/crosshatch for a bit.

I’d try loading the update again if it were me. Which files did you use?

I waited about a minute. The update folder is still there on the SD card

Which files did you try? These latest ones? https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...s-latest-firmware-menu-and-instructions.5101/
Are the files still in the update folder or were they deleted from the sd card?

You could try using this update instead, it's an older firmware but works fine for mv1c: https://mega.nz/file/h5RylI4b#l9rORQguExGKP4pWEIksoAM98PcV4ls6Q_pIfR864mQ
Just to get things running, then you can fiddle with other updates. There's no way to really brick these units, you can always just wipe the SD card and try updating again.

omg it's working with the old update!

The only thing is I don't have sound now. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

What do your menu settings show in the About section now? It should show firmware revision, menu dates, etc

Do you get audio from normal carts?

I get audio from normal carts

Firmware Revision: 0x03f3
Firmware Build: 0xa324
Top file build: 0x4796
Menu build date: Mar 23, 2019

ok sorry to be a pain, now the changing of the slots won't work. I can only play what is in slot 1. Holding Start and left or right doesn't work now.

Check the menu settings. There is an option to disable the detection of key presses.

I just fixed my own problem. I cleared the NVRAM and reassigned the slots and it works now.

I sent my MVS cart back in to Joe at High Score Saves and he sent me a replacement, to see if there was something wrong with the cart itself that was causing the minor graphical glitches. Unfortunately, the new cart does not load any games. It gets stuck after the boot selection menu at a screen saying "LOADING DDR...". I'm using the same SD card I used in the prior cart and I verified that the firmware and menu versions are identical to the prior cart. I've tried clearing the NVRAM and that didn't have any effect.

It's frustrating because the prior cart at least did allow me to load and play the games without issue other than the glitches, while the new one won't load anything at all. The menu's are all working perfectly however.

Any suggestions?

IMG_0073.jpeg IMG_0071.jpegIMG_0072.jpeg

Well, two non working carts is little probably, specially because they are all checked before shipping. Can you please check the threads for troubleshooting? Specifically the first 2 posts in this thread and of course the instructions. To me it looks like a power issue. Did you check your 5V on the Jamma edge?

Well, two non working carts is little probably, specially because they are all checked before shipping. Can you please check the threads for troubleshooting? Specifically the first 2 posts in this thread and of course the instructions. To me it looks like a power issue. Did you check your 5V on the Jamma edge?
Yes, I checked it and tried ranges from 5 to 5.2 on the prior cart. There are different issues here between the two carts, the first just had the graphical glitches while the second hangs at loading. Now I kind of wish I'd just kept the first because I could live with the glitches but can't use this one at all.

I'll review the instructions, but this SD card was working perfectly in the other cart so I'm not sure what I would need to change.

Your sd card and the cart may not match between menu/firmware

delete all files in the main directory of your microSD like REVISION or BUFF, SLOT, but leave the folders update and games as they are. See if that helps,

if not, just try to do a FW update and let us know how it goes.

delete all files in the main directory of your microSD like REVISION or BUFF, SLOT, but leave the folders update and games as they are. See if that helps,

Ok, I can do those things and let you know.

I've also ordered a new power supply from twisted quarter, as it's not that expensive and if there is any issue with stability in the power contributing to the problem it should eliminate that as a possible cause of the issue.

So the issue was that there was something wrong with that SD card. When I put it into my computer it couldn't read it. I bought a new one and now it's working :).

I am still seeing those graphical glitches in this cart, but I'll install that new power supply when it arrives and let you know if it resolves those issues. If that fails I may look into replacing the MVS board (or just living with it, it's not that bad).

Thanks for your help!

Hello i just received my darksoft mvs cart, but i don't know how to start. the only thing that i have tried is to download 20200602_r1169_MVS_Only firmware and copied the complete directory to /update/menu/ folder i also tried to copy cpld, flash.img and top to the menu directory but i have always the crosshatch screen... it is like the cart isn't being detected by the mvs

Back