What's new
Anyone seeing anything like the weird white lines flickering in this:

Using a Vega9000DX Supergun on a PVM standard 5V power rail
Motherboard is a NEO-MVH MV1A - Stock Bios

Last edited:
Try deleting the three slots then load SVC into slot 1 only and try it out.
SvC seemed to run fine playing through a few levels when doing this. LB2 has the same problem, coin up, start, crashes before character select.

Also tried at 4.6v, same results.

I know I'm on the neo hardware that is giving problems atm. Let me know if there's anything else I can test so this can be sorted. I've mostly run out of time this weekend, those tests aren't going to mark themselves (being a teacher sucks sometimes).

Some minor sound glitches running through LB2 and SvC attract mode but otherwise everything is great.
I ran into some weird sound crackling on SvC, but after swapping to another game and then re-loading SvC it went away. I've had other games with glichy behaviour do the same. At this point I'm chalking it up to problems with the MV1F(S).

Even with the low voltage trick I still have a lot of problems when using slot 3. Slot 1 is definitely the most reliable/problem free.

There are currently some confirmed issues with certain motherboard revisions/multicarts as listed below. We are working on these issues and
will update you once these are fixed;

- Should you use a MV-1F or MV-1FS, please note that there currently is an issue with these. Quick fix is lowering your 5v to about 4.7-4.8v.
- Should you use a 4 or 6 slot avoid using UNIBIOS
- Some multicarts do show some gfx issues like fixed dots. All carts passed the quality test but seems as some solderpoints were not properly done and have a bad contact originated during shipping. Please PM me if this is your case.
- There is a problem reading files on bigger cards, that we are currently fixing.

Expect a new firmware update as soon as we fix these issues.

There are currently some confirmed issues with certain motherboard revisions/multicarts as listed below. We are working on these issues and
will update you once these are fixed;

- Should you use a MV-1F or MV-1FS, please note that there currently is an issue with these. Quick fix is lowering your 5v to about 4.7-4.8v.
- Should you use a 4 or 6 slot avoid using UNIBIOS
- Some multicarts do show some gfx issues like fixed dots. All carts passed the quality test but seems as some solderpoints were not properly done and have a bad contact originated during shipping. Please PM me if this is your case.
- There is a problem reading files on bigger cards, that we are currently fixing.

Expect a new firmware update as soon as we fix these issues.
Copied to the first post.

Yeah, that looks a lot like what I have too. Harder to tell with the screen you chose to show, does it look like this?

@Nimmers and @Aurich
Are you both using a 1A motherboard? Tried turning the voltage down slightly to try the same workaround as with the 1F and 1FS?

The fault looks the same on both of your videos

Yeah, that looks a lot like what I have too. Harder to tell with the screen you chose to show, does it look like this?
Yeah it's like that but not as bad on mine, haven't tested thoroughly but so far I've seen it on Blues Journey, Garou and Fatal Fury to varying degrees. Interestingly I didn't notice it on Andro Dunos or Puzzle Bobble. I will get my video capture card going and see if I can capture this stuff better.

@Nimmers and @Aurich
Are you both using a 1A motherboard? Tried turning the voltage down slightly to try the same workaround as with the 1F and 1FS?

The fault looks the same on both of your videos
I am using a MV-1A yes, I can try that. If it does fix the issue though is that something a firmware update can fix? I hope so!

I don’t know if it’s too redundant but I experience A LOT of flickering similar to that of Nimmers’ in many games.

I have an MVF2 and it seems that it has to the same issues as the 4/6 a lot boards mentioned.

Tried several games (AOF 3, Pulstar, KOF97 and MSX).

With Unibios (3.3) as wells the stock bios -> flickering
With Beta pack 1 and 2 -> both the same flickering
Used Samsung Sd card 16GB formatted using SD Formater

Tried these exact games as original carts -> everything running perfectly!

[the iphone pictures are too big to attach and I can’t figure out how to make them smaller at the moment]

Loaded the new menu yesterday.

Reminder: MV-1C, Uni 3.3

While I haven't tested everything, the only persistent things I'm still noticing are as follows:

- Audio issues with KOF '94 and '95 (rest ok). Hi pitched tones that seem to be replacing in game sounds. They get louder over time and seem to multiply.
- Loaded (3) slots, flashed fine and played all three fine. Starting with 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd (no reboot, switching with hotkey). Exit to menu and loaded (3) new games. Super Spy launched without sound (slot 1), but once cycled back to it, it had sound.
- Exiting to menu after the 2nd (3) slots are filled sometimes generates what seems to be a crash/reboot. It won't load the menu. Rather, will hang on reading file system, then just boot the slot 1 game again. This persists until I hard power it off.

Really enjoying it so far!! These are minor things that I know will get worked out.

I have problems with Top hunter and Twinkle Star. Runs in no slot. Hardware is: Mvs 1-B board no Unibios.

I received my Multi MVS today. Unfortunately it will not boot fully. I see a green light on the cartridge, but it only ever shows the following screen:
20180315_153342.jpg

I have tried with and without an SD card inserted. I'm on a MV-1A with stock BIOS. Any suggestions on what to try?

I received my Multi MVS today. Unfortunately it will not boot fully. I see a green light on the cartridge, but it only ever shows the following screen:
20180315_153342.jpg

I have tried with and without an SD card inserted. I'm on a MV-1A with stock BIOS. Any suggestions on what to try?
Oh man, that's @Darksoft's secret QR code, I think you won something ;)

By any chance, do you have another motherboard?

I just tried updating the firmware and it appears to have taken successfully as the firmware files are no longer on the sd card. The screen shows some different activity for a bit too while I assume it is flashing. It still boots into the same screen as before though.

I tried performing the menu update by placing the "menu" dir/files in both "games" and "update" however it still boots to the screen I posted previously. The menu directory is still inside the update folder.

Back