What's new
Followed instructions from post #1 - and everything works flawlessly - even Bomberman is working after the 'continue' :thumbsup:

I followed the cook-book as well but I used an empty SD card with just an update folder for FLASH and TOP.

And it has been mentioned earlier but make sure your battery is working properly.

either way should be good, just check if the files are gone from the microSD
done, everything works correctly thanks!

1) I noticed that now supported games is 262 of 264. I suppose that we need an updated rom set in order to play every game, right?
2) Is it possible to visualize only the original games list plus the new games like Iron Clad and Crossed sword 2, without the bootleg, the multiple version AES and MVS and so on?
3) I tried Metal slug 5 with Console version and Europe region: the game works but the A-b-C buttons doesn't works. I suppose it is a little bug, am I right?

thanks!

Thanks to all who make this possible.

I have a problem. The key combination doesn't work. I can't change from one game to another and I can't go to the menu from a game.

I have a problem. The key combination doesn't work. I can't change from one game to another and I can't go to the menu from a game.
There’s a option in the menu to enable and disable hotkeys. I believe if you disable it you need to reflash the firmware to enable it.

I had a problem with game switching, but only with certain homebrew titles, so I just rebooted and deleted those games.

As explained in the 1st post of this thread you need to delete the BUFF file and clear the NVRAM. Probably what's happening to you and to @legolas119 is coming from there.

2) Is it possible to visualize only the original games list plus the new games like Iron Clad and Crossed sword 2, without the bootleg, the multiple version AES and MVS and so on?
The menu will only show the games that are in the microSD. You can make your own microSD with the games that YOU want to show up. :thumbsup:

There’s a option in the menu to enable and disable hotkeys. I believe if you disable it you need to reflash the firmware to enable it.
I had a problem with game switching, but only with certain homebrew titles, so I just rebooted and deleted those games.
Now its works perfect. Thanks for the help.

As explained in the 1st post of this thread you need to delete the BUFF file and clear the NVRAM. Probably what's happening to you and to @legolas119 is coming from there.
I have reflash the firm like djsheep says and now works. Thanks Darksoft.

One glitch we know of so far with region select: If you change it to Europe and Console it does not work with a regular bios.
For now until this is fixed,to run MS4 and MS5 choose Region Europe and games will boot.
After some checks, we found out that some games will only work in the mode it's supposed to, as we are running games 100% as the OG does. the OG game does a check and if it detects, it's not running on a MVS it will show that error. Simply choose MVS with any region and you should be good.

Updated the cart and did some tests:

Update itself went without any issues.

All games I tried worked without a hitch. Used Unibios 3.3.

Tested KOF98, MS1-5, Blazing Star and some others.

Menu works well and finally we have the option to get rid of the in game Button Combos! *Fireworks going off in the distance* :love:

Now it plays like a real cart. Put it in my New Astro and there is no way anymore to spot a difference from an original cart.

I am a happy camper now. To everyone involved: Well done! :thumbsup:

The menu will only show the games that are in the microSD. You can make your own microSD with the games that YOU want to show up. :thumbsup:
perfect. But my games list isn't changed from the last update from SmokeMonster (Feb 2018): but with previous firmware i saw only 146 games (if i'm not wrong..), now i see a lot of bootleg, AES and MVS version and so on... is it possible to show only the list of the original games without bootleg and all the others version for each game?
thanks!

perfect. But my games list isn't changed from the last update from SmokeMonster (Feb 2018): but with previous firmware i saw only 146 games (if i'm not wrong..), now i see a lot of bootleg, AES and MVS version and so on... is it possible to show only the list of the original games without bootleg and all the others version for each game?thanks!
Umm... just delete the games you dont want from the SD card?

Yeah the new games are showing up in the menu because they were opened back up in the menu. They have always been on your card. To make the boots disappear just delete the boot game folders from your SD card.

Maybe someone would like to make a special roll-up pack with just one version of each game.

Yeah the new games are showing up in the menu because they were opened back up in the menu. They have always been on your card. To make the boots disappear just delete the boot game folders from your SD card.

Maybe someone would like to make a special roll-up pack with just one version of each game.
ah ok ok, you are right. We hope that SmokeMonster could help us with a special pack with just one version for each game...:) It isn't easy to understand which is the most correct version that we have to keep in our SD...some games are named in the flashcard menu like "AES" or MVS version...but i don't know which is the right one. Can i delete casually one of the 2 version? Then i can choose the Console or MVS version for every game simply choosing the new option added with the last firmare, am I right?

Figured I'd try it backwards... I updated the menu first, then turned it off when it was hanging. Then i updated the top/image at the same time. Took a minute but still booted up.

Hi, I've just updated to the last firmware-top-menu combo following the very simple procedure (one after the other) and everything seemed to be ok. Now, no matter if I assign KOF98 to slot 1,2 or 3 all I obtain is this warning screen:

WARNING.jpg

I'm using SmokeMonster's February rompack on an OMEGA MV1-C, UniBIOS 3.3, and I have to add I had never tried this rom before.

Thanks for attention.
A.

Back