What's new
what shows the section about? What did you update that made things go wrong? Flash.img? Top? Menu?

The about matches the one in the first post. I updated recently with the new firmware and Mar 24th Menu. Have now updated to the 1st April Menu and I'm getting a file system error when it is booting up. When I run the diagnostics it is showing as a fail on filesystem.

I have run some tests and some games are working fine. I can flash to the slots individually but if I try to quick flash slot 1 by pressing start then it hangs on please wait screen. If I try to run RB FF 2 in MVS mode I get SNK warning screen but if I change unibios to AES it works ok. Filesystem error is 0x01. Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

I've tried to update the multiMVS, first flash than top, when I've tried to update the menu I see only the cross hatch test and nothing else.

I've done something wrong?

Thanks

Can you try this previous firmware one by one. I mean, first update flash.img and see if it works well, if it doesn't then try updating the top file.
Which microSD are you using?

Attachments

• 20190402_r1040.zip
    253.2 KB · Views: 280
Hi guys,

I've tried to update the multiMVS, first flash than top, when I've tried to update the menu I see only the cross hatch test and nothing else.

Thanks
how long did you wait? It can take up to 20 seconds to finish the update. Are the files gone after updating?

Hi guys,

Thanks
how long did you wait? It can take up to 20 seconds to finish the update. Are the files gone after updating?
flash and top gone. Menu stil in the sd.
Wait more than a minute

During updating the top file i saw "warnig filesystem not ready"

SD card is SanDisk ultra 32gb hc

Attachments

• filesystem.jpg
    filesystem.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 156
I updated the flash file first and the filesystem error has gone. I tried RB FF 2 and got the SNK warning screen in arcade mode on the unibios. I then updated the top file and now RB FF 2 works perfectly. Thank you very much for all your efforts in sorting this out.

I've got the same "File System error" problem and some games like The king of fighters 98 had a very cracking sound:
Video

My initial situation was:
FW Rev: 0x03f3
FW Build: 0xa324
TOP file build: 0x4796
Menu Build date: Mar 24 2019
Menu build time: 11:24:13

I've udated top and flash together (lastest one) after clearing backup ram and deleting buff file then cleared ram and deleted buff again and updated the menu
From there I got the file System error and cracking sound (tried a couple of MVS boards)

I've solved downgrading ONLY the flash file to 20190402_r1040.zip then udating again to the last one. Maybe the problem is that I skipped an update.
Now everything seems to work even if I need more tests.
I hope it helps

what shows the section about? What did you update that made things go wrong? Flash.img? Top? Menu?
I did flash first, then top, then menu, all individually and separate boots. 100% deleted the buff each time. All three reported correctly. There's other feedback above, so I'll try those suggestions today and report back.

I've solved downgrading ONLY the flash file to 20190402_r1040.zip then udating again to the last one. Maybe the problem is that I skipped an update.
@mpjedi this is what you did, right?

@mpjedi this is what you did, right?
Downloaded flash file to 20190402_r1040.zip
deleted BUFF
Reset NVRAM
update flash file from 20190402_r1040.zip
deleted BUFF
update top file from 20190402_r1040.zip
tried if its work.... all ok

delete BUFF
reset NVRAM
update flash from 20190415_r1047
deleted BUFF
update top file from 20190415_r1047

Played Real Bout Fatal Fury Special :)

This is what I've done.

Downloaded flash file to 20190402_r1040.zip
deleted BUFF
Reset NVRAM
update flash file from 20190402_r1040.zip
deleted BUFF
update top file from 20190402_r1040.zip
tried if its work.... all ok

delete BUFF
reset NVRAM
update flash from 20190415_r1047
deleted BUFF
update top file from 20190415_r1047

Played Real Bout Fatal Fury Special :)

This is what I've done.
I didn't downgrade the top file but only the flash and then updated to the last version.
I think that the problem is when you update the flash file skipping a middle update, but downgrading the top file too is good anyway I think.
I'm glad you solved your problem

I’m getting freezes during games. I deleted buff. Everything in the about menu matches the current firmware and menus. KOF98 won’t even load at all. I’m using the latest smoke monster pack so it should be patched. I have the mv1B board

IDK if its the latest pack, but I'm using "Neo Geo Roll-Up BETA 3.1 2019-03-04" and yes it contains the correctly patched/working KoF98.

Back