What's new
I dont know why is that. Maybe those carts are making some kind of read/writes to some zones that the cart also has and are related to protection. In any case, I hope you are OK playing it with League Bowling.
Well, i would like to understand why....I'm getting another Slot4 this week to have more test and compare.
=> I hope my multimvs is healthy (I'm not the only 4 slot owner and i would be the only one to report???).
let's see....Anyway thanks for your reactive support. (my other purchase CPS2 multi is great and was easier to setup ;) )

So, i received today another Slot 2 MVS (a different reference). Same JAP bios.
=> Same result.

#1 Only league bowling in slot 1 allows to work the 4 slot (with multimvs in slot 2)
#2 If I change the game in slot 1 like Windjammers original game. It starts position #4 then blackscreen (multimvs) and go back to #4 and then blackscreen when I hit the bouton select (to change game)
#3 When I do #2, after a successfull #1, I lost all my multimvs settings :(

In conclusion for me, it is a bug related to the multimvs with 4 slot due do a general bug or specific to the JAP Bios.

I ordered some eeprom to burn some universe bios to see what happens !

I hope it will help to get a fix. If you have a 4 slot that works please let me know your bios.

So, i received today another Slot 2 MVS (a different reference). Same JAP bios.
You mean another 4 slot, right?

I hope it will help to get a fix. If you have a 4 slot that works please let me know your bios.
Thanks for feedback. I don't have a 4slot anymore, but I know it's working well for many users, including @Mitsurugi-w

Did you see this video?
View: https://youtu.be/D5Rb4O-Mn44

In conclusion for me, it is a bug related to the multimvs with 4 slot due do a general bug or specific to the JAP Bios.
Maybe. I think it's related to the protection chips.

I ordered some eeprom to burn some universe bios to see what happens !

Let us know how it goes, but take into account that the UNIBIOS adds an aditional delay and some GFX glitches may appear.

yes , it is 4 slots (sorry).

I saw the video. Nothing new. First slot it is a samourai with USA bios.

I believed Windjammers was an early game, i'm surprised it doesn't work like leage bowling.

Can you tell me how multimvs settings are stored ? why i have a such reset when I have a KOF or Windjammers game in slot1? (battery is new)

Settings are stored in BUFF file in the microSD and in the backup ram of your MVS. Then on each power on they are compared for integrity. If you move the cart to another MVS, you may need to delete the BUFF file and clear backup RAM.

I tried slot #4 , same slot as the video (instead of #2). I deleted the BUFF file and it is worst. With League Bowling in slot #1, and when I select game #4 (the multi)
1/ I can't access to the menu (UP + 1P START 4sec) , reset and reboot on game 1 of the multi.
2/ If I change game (LEFT OR RIGHT + 1P Start 4sec) , ok I access the game BUT I have a crap sound.
In this configuration, Garou and Bomberman have a crap sound :(

In my working configuration, I have a new problem.
we play Bomberman 10 minutes and after no more sound but some SFX. And 2 hours later, Garou play and same , 20 minutes later no more sound, some SFX.

I wait new eprom to burn USA bios ( I need to find it somewhere) , my last try...

I started on some similar testing of this issue on a 4-Slot to help out.

In my instance I have KOF '98 in slot 1, Metal Slug X in slot 2, League Bowling in slot 3 and MultiMVS in slot 4.

Upon turning on the cab, instead of starting in slot 1, it automatically goes to slot 3, pressing the select button, I can go to the MultiMVS in the next slot, choose a game then everything is fine the system reboots to slot 3, then the 4-Slot functions as normal with the attracts, coin, select button, etc. -- In the Neo Geo menu, the cart slot allocations are correct, and League Bowling is in fact Slot 3.

Changing the carts around in any other order causes the MultiMVS to prompt "file system not ready" at which point it also fails the SD Diagnostic test in the menu.

I have had no luck with the cart / motherboard saving any settings. The battery on the 4-Slot is just fine and it saves the settings of the other games, date/time, etc. I've tried multiple clearing of the BUFF file, clearing the NVRAM, power cycling, cleaning slots, cart edge, new SD cards, different cluster sizes, etc.

I have also found is that certain games will not load when using my 4-Slot: Crossed Swords 2, Twinkle Star Sprites and Top Hunter are the ones that spring to mind. They either get stuck in a constant state of green screen rebooting or glitch out to a solid screen. This seems to be an issue with 4-Slot only, popping the cart into a 1-Slot motherboard with no changes to anything, the same games just boot up automatically.

I started on some similar testing of this issue on a 4-Slot to help out.

In my instance I have KOF '98 in slot 1, Metal Slug X in slot 2, League Bowling in slot 3 and MultiMVS in slot 4.

Upon turning on the cab, instead of starting in slot 1, it automatically goes to slot 3, pressing the select button, I can go to the MultiMVS in the next slot, choose a game then everything is fine the system reboots to slot 3, then the 4-Slot functions as normal with the attracts, coin, select button, etc. -- In the Neo Geo menu, the cart slot allocations are correct, and League Bowling is in fact Slot 3.

Changing the carts around in any other order causes the MultiMVS to prompt "file system not ready" at which point it also fails the SD Diagnostic test in the menu.

I have had no luck with the cart / motherboard saving any settings. The battery on the 4-Slot is just fine and it saves the settings of the other games, date/time, etc. I've tried multiple clearing of the BUFF file, clearing the NVRAM, power cycling, cleaning slots, cart edge, new SD cards, different cluster sizes, etc.

I have also found is that certain games will not load when using my 4-Slot: Crossed Swords 2, Twinkle Star Sprites and Top Hunter are the ones that spring to mind. They either get stuck in a constant state of green screen rebooting or glitch out to a solid screen. This seems to be an issue with 4-Slot only, popping the cart into a 1-Slot motherboard with no changes to anything, the same games just boot up automatically.

thank you ! Glad you share the same problem. Can you load Neo Bomberman and MOTW and maybe report sound problem too ?

OK, my result with USA bios is almost the same (KOF99 is ok like League Bowling in slot1). For me, this multi would require an update for 4 slots owner.

Anyway I bought another multi mvs to test (Yes sometimes we need to double support), I will report here.

A great feature If I may , will be to allow to change game with the button available on multi mvs cabinet to change the slot. In this manner, I could use a MV1H slot + multi mvs in U425 neogeo. OK only 3 games but that's ok ;) The HOT KEY is to map on "SELECT UP" of the MVS pinout.

Hey Darksoft,

I'll finally receive my AES Multi today. So I have 3 questions.

1. Are the games checked against any kind of pre existing list?
Do I need to change anything so Samurai Shodown V Perfect, that we worked here in this forum, to actually boot?

2. figured out

And I bought the multi last year and I don't see any new firmware for the AES version in the front page.
3. So no updated needed? Except the Menu?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have a new issue with my MVS multi. When I tried to change a game it didn’t worked. It was written « please wait » as usual then black screen. Then I tried to remove the game and keep the slot empty. It worked but then i couldn’t add a new game. Then removed slot 2 as well then I could not add other game. So I erased the files slot3, buff, and région then I restarted again the system no problem I could add 3 games but still If I tried to change a game in slot 1 it goes to « please wait » and black screen. Is there a procedure to follow in this situation. Thank you

Hello everyone,
First I really want to thanks Darksoft for this great multi MVS and all people who contribute at this forum.(sorry for my poor english I'm french...)
I have sounds trouble (intro, how to and selection screen fighters work great but when the fight start all the the voices and sounds are played in one shot and after no sound) with the king of fighters 2003 who is in the roll pack that I found here. I have the multi MVS since 2 years and this is the first game that I found problem. I tried console mode or arcade mode, USA, japanese or Europe bios but sounds problem keep playing...
I use a mv1fz consolised slot, others games played work great. I have a 3.3 unibios.
My informations about Multimvs are on photos.
Thanks to all.

Attachments

• 20210916_190453.jpg
    20210916_190453.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 89
Looks like you dont have the latest version of the Firmware and top file. I'd recommend to update it, but I'm not sure if that's your problem. Have you tried with an original cart? Is it also happening there?

Looks like you dont have the latest version of the Firmware and top file. I'd recommend to update it, but I'm not sure if that's your problem. Have you tried with an original cart? Is it also happening there?
I'm a little bit scary to update the firware and the top file, some people write on the forum some trouble with games and unibios after the update.
I have tried with two original carts, they work great. Other games I played on the roll pack work great too, this is just this KOF 2003 that have this sound problem.

I have tried to assigne the game in one of the three other slot of the multi, no changes. I tried to cleared backup ram and nvram no changes.
Someone can confirm me if the game kof2003 of the roll pack works ( no sounds issues) please?
If I update the firmware and top files can I go back to the previous firmware?
Thanks.

I have tried to assigne the game in one of the three other slot of the multi, no changes. I tried to cleared backup ram and nvram no changes.
Someone can confirm me if the game kof2003 of the roll pack works ( no sounds issues) please?
If I update the firmware and top files can I go back to the previous firmware?
Thanks.

here you go

here you go
Thanks to you for the test and video 👍
in which mode did you played console or arcade?and in which region USA, JAPAN or EUROPE?And finally do you use the latest firmware with the multimvs?Unibios or stock bios?
Sorry for all this questions 😅

Thanks to you for the test and video 👍
in which mode did you played console or arcade?and in which region USA, JAPAN or EUROPE?And finally do you use the latest firmware with the multimvs?Unibios or stock bios?
Sorry for all this questions 😅
I’m using the current latest top and FW with Unibios 4.0 and confirm I have no issues with audio in any mode or region

Back