What's new
"* Automatcially copy the files of /updated/menu to /games/menu when doing a menu update."

This is what's written in the startpost, it means it's a new feature of the latest firmware, since before you were required to put the menu files in both the update AND game folder, now it does it automatically from the update folder.. :)
Right, I get that, I didn't do the game menu part because of that, but it says "Just copy in \update\menu" still, so I made the menu folder like before. This isn't my first time updating, I did the game folder part last time, this time I didn't, I really did read the instructions first. :)

Edit: updating the firmware is in the attachments of the startpost, file is called Neogeo_Instructions_v1.11.pdf.
Gotcha, I see it now. I'd suggest editing the first post, because it doesn't match the PDF, and it's what's immediately visible.

Have I bricked something by following the /menu instructions?

Edit: updating the firmware is in the attachments of the startpost, file is called Neogeo_Instructions_v1.11.pdf.
Gotcha, I see it now. I'd suggest editing the first post, because it doesn't match the PDF, and it's what's immediately visible.
Have I bricked something by following the /menu instructions?
no bricking. You just need to update the menu, not the firmware.

Gotcha, I see it now. I'd suggest editing the first post, because it doesn't match the PDF, and it's what's immediately visible.Have I bricked something by following the /menu instructions?
no bricking. You just need to update the menu, not the firmware.
Okay, so can you help me with what steps I need to take to do that? Thanks! :)

if you have the latest firmware, unpack the menu that you can find in the 1st post of this thread into the folder /update/menu

Power on and wait for 20 secs. If the content of the folder is gone then it uodated properly and you should be able to boot properly now.

Okay got it, makes total sense, I think I'm all set now, thanks!

Just to follow up, everything working great, new firmware features and reliability are appreciated! Was an easy fix once I understood my mistake.

Only feature I'd wish for would be some kind of virtual slot rotation, to automatically cycle between games like a multislot, so people can see the games installed. No idea if that's feasible though. I'm guessing there's no way to capture the Game Select button from an MVS cab to do that too.

Only feature I'd wish for would be some kind of virtual slot rotation, to automatically cycle between games like a multislot, so people can see the games installed. No idea if that's feasible though. I'm guessing there's no way to capture the Game Select button from an MVS cab to do that too.
I know what you mean and we will see in the future if it's feasible :)

As you know this Multi is constantly being improved :thumbup:

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that the last firmware actually implements the function, but there’s no new menu yet which will implement the user interface in order to activate the function.
Speaking of which, any idea on a possible release date for the menu update? Nothing very precise, just a rough estimation.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

And the rabid fanboys are downvoting again. Thats what I love about this forum.

Not that I give a flying **** about down votes but for a forum that prides itself about being "nice" and "non toxic" ... well... whatever.

Again... asking for a rough ETA of the menu is not too much to ask considering there are still issues of games not working correctly.

if he says tomorrow, releases it with bugs, you'll be fussing worse.

Hence, asap.

Do you think he feels good about having to say that? No, but it saves the forums from being filled with pointless posts.

Let's all take a step back, he's just asking a rather normal question. I think downvoting a post like this is going a bit too far.

If your boss at work asks you when you have your assignment done, asap isn't going to cut it either so I understand his response to that.

That being said, I know there's more going on in the background (in a positive way), so that makes it rather difficult atm to give any kind of ETA.

I'm sure that when there's more sight on an ETA, we will be the first to know :)

Installed the update last night. Everything already ran fine, and still runs fine.

The only issue I am still having is the glitching when moving up and down the game list when animations are turned off.

Let's all take a step back, he's just asking a rather normal question. I think downvoting a post like this is going a bit too far.

If your boss at work asks you when you have your assignment done, asap isn't going to cut it either so I understand his response to that.

That being said, I know there's more going on in the background (in a positive way), so that makes it rather difficult atm to give any kind of ETA.

I'm sure that when there's more sight on an ETA, we will be the first to know :)
I can really do without drama.
But this is a product support forum. And for a customer like me, having a product that still has bugs, asking when the next update to fix them is scheduled is more then justified. Its certainly not impolite.
After all the last update was 4 months ago.

And if those things in the background would happen in the foreground nobody would need to ask in the first place :rolleyes:

I feel some teasing and confidence in his answer, some good things to come

@DenTarr You have a valid question that needs a justified response as a customer in a product's support forum.

Im sure Darksoft has a pretty good/valid reason as to his timing of things he does. We can all agree that he is always looking to improve and surpass expectations when it comes to all his products. So I believe it will be well worth the wait, I am sure he wants to do a massive update that addresses all open issues and further the functionality of the multi in a big way.

BTW - Not related to software but, another issue being faced is the memory/capacitor/resistor shortages, basically delaying new products from being fabricated not just weeks, but months. Not to mention the price of memory chips has skyrocketed.

Last edited:
Back