What's new
Mark your items as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the dump is not added and released, there are other reasons.
ggg.jpg

You will never seen the second modded PCB in the world,all of it is original,It’s the original rom ICs (not programmed)From SDOJ to the DDPDFK,I know someone is flinging dirt about me everywhere.

Last edited:
You will never seen the second modded PCB in the world,all of it is original,It’s the original rom ICs (not programmed)From SDOJ to the DDPDFK,I know someone is flinging dirt about me everywhere.
Well, as I wrote earlier in the thread (https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ion-sold-for-2500usd.17918/page-6#post-289858), I wasn't really intending to post more in this thread, but I'll just drop some quick info on my thoughts on the deal and pcb itself here.

Biggest takeaway here before going to some of the other stuff though is this:
When I paid for this, I was expecting a DFK conversion to SDOJ in unknown condition. This is also what I received, so from my standpoint, this was a fair deal. LinkArcade was very helpful and easy to talk through with PM. If you know what you are paying for, I would recommend buying from them.

Ok, so now let's get to the slightly problematic stuff.

The main initial problem with this posting was that the label is fake, and initially there were no mentioning of this being a conversion. It is possible that LinkArcade was not initially aware of this. It's possible to argue if it makes sense to care about that, considering the base pcb for cv1k-d is the same, but having a fake label and not mentioning it is not great. If the posting had listed this at the start, I wouldn't see any real issues here.

While it's definitely possible that the ROMs were transplanted from a SDOJ to a DFK, it would be very strange to do that without also dumping them once you have them off the PCB already. About "Never seeing a second modded PCB in the world", that's a strange statement since I mean... nothing is stopping anyone from doing these types of conversions really. I'm a bit surprised we're not seeing conversions from stuff like Tama to the more expensive CV1K-B games already (maybe we are? no idea).

In terms of condition of the PCB, it was uh.... real rough. I didn't really have any expectations here, but many caps had weird scratches that looked like the PCB had been dragged across something (?) and one was smashed up real hard. Additionally plenty of surface scratches and burned off parts of JTAG connector. Attaching some pics, but plenty of other rough spots as well

cap.jpeg

scratches.jpeg

jtag.jpeg

So like... this looked very much like a beat to shit DFK pcb that was repaired, and when doing so had roms replaced with SDOJ roms.
That was about what I expected, so in my mind this was an alright deal, that I don't have any issues with.

TL;DR:
- Happy with deal. LinkArcade seemed like a good guy to me in PMs.
- PCB was real rough, but I expected that.
- Having the fake label on the PCB is pretty sketchy.

Thanks buffi for all this info and for the financial effort of having Sdoj dumped.

Who’s gunna convert a CV1K PCB to this ;)

Last edited:
Finally, a cave game is actually worth its asking price

Never thought I'd see the day :rolleyes:

Is that...Skull Inbachi? =O For so long, I thought it was just a rumour...The requirements to reach it must be impossibly inhuman ;(;(

It's been a while since i don't play this games but i remember the sdoj xbox360 version was pretty good. It even came out in Pal version and its worth something like 10 euros or so.
I also have mostly japanese 360 versions of these cave games and a part from ddp doj that was not great (ps2 was better) these conversions were great.
After i sold my kits i never came back with pcbs. Considering also these conversions and price asked, i think i've made a right choice here.

It even came out in Pal version and its worth something like 10 euros or so.
I think you’re thinking of DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection). That is the only DDP to get a PAL release on 360 iirc.

I think you’re thinking of DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection). That is the only DDP to get a PAL release on 360 iirc.
Ops, you are right :D i forgot that was japanese only (still cheap compared to the pcb i guess, i payed 5000Yen for a used limited edition but i don't know the value today)

It's been a while since i don't play this games but i remember the sdoj xbox360 version was pretty good. It even came out in Pal version and its worth something like 10 euros or so.
I also have mostly japanese 360 versions of these cave games and a part from ddp doj that was not great (ps2 was better) these conversions were great.
After i sold my kits i never came back with pcbs. Considering also these conversions and price asked, i think i've made a right choice here.
It's honestly not. Quite laggy, which is one of the large reasons people clamor over this game not being dumped so much

Reactions: rtw
I own that game (SDOJ) and I'm OK to send it to someone to dump it if:
1) Using JTAG only
2) Shipping (back and forth) with proper cover isn't on me
3) Dumps are released publicly (at least for the users this forum)

If you look inside the release, you will find a text message with the following info.

Code:
!HAVE A GREAT DECEMBER AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

TO PLAY:
/ RENAME "sdojak.zip" TO "dfkbl.zip"
/ PLAY IN EMULATOR

I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY, LOOK FORWARD TO 04/20/22 FOR A FUN BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

- CAVEDWELLERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back