What's new
Hi Rom1,

I don't know if you saw my PM I sent you but I'd love to buy at least a couple of these from you if you're still making them! They'd be for a Touring Cars twin I have. Both DSB1 boards seem to have gone faulty in exactly the same way after the cabs being in storage for several months. They both do the same thing and output scrambled sounds like an opamp sounds when it goes bad (it's not the opamps though, alreaady tried replacing them!) I don't know of anyone that repairs DSB boards!

Many thanks

Hello,

Sorry, I'm not building any of them for the next 6 months.

Ok thanks anyway. If/when you do start building them again i'd likely still be interested. :)

Hi !

I just updated code to improve handling of clone MP3 module (I still recommend using original from reliable source) and a fix for SpikeOut.
All precompiler are available in the GitHub for DSB2, DSB1 and Spikeout.

I'm trying to update the unit. I removed the Arduino and am applying 20240104.hex since I have a Daytona2. It says "Uploading Failed". Any other way to upload it?

Attachments

• Pasted_Image_5_6_24__2_38 PM.png
    Pasted_Image_5_6_24__2_38 PM.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi, some computer have difficulties with the lightweight updater. You can use Arduino Studio and then compile the code => it's open sourced.
The Arduino Studio is better at updating.

Thanks, I'll give this a go. I finally got Audio to work in my Daytona (had a bad amp) and am unfamiliar with the music it's suppsoed to play with the original DSB board. When I boot up the machine it plays the "Battle on the Edge" song, but no other music throughout the game, nor during entering your initals after you've done well. If I plug in the DSB Clone then it plays the song "1000_xxx.mp3", but no other songs. I saw earlier in the thread that the problem could be the MIDI cable. How would I go about troubleshooting the cable? Is it just speaker wire?

Midi cable is more like a serial cable, sending command to the DSB. An oscilloscope is needed in order to debug.
You can rebuild a wire using dupont wiring, it's ok for testing.

Back