What's new
Mine arrived two days ago, promptly, though there was quite a customs delay with my postal service.
It is 100% a plug and play replacement for the original sound board as the connectors are the same, and the hassle of changing out individual sound boards when swapping another DSB-compliant game into the cabinet is no more.
Hilarious playing Scud Race with early 2000s trap rap music (T.I., Ludacris, etc). I'm having a field day with this little guy. A fellow in the Supermodel community did a Custom DSB Music mod for the old MPEG code in the emulator, but support for that feature broke when Ian replaced the code in 2019.

Im interested in 2 also

After a long customs delay mine arrived, thanks! I'm unfortunately still not getting any BGM on my Daytona 2. Is there any troubleshooting threads I can find? Does the SD card need to be formatted in FAT32 by chance? I've double checked my wiring schematics and unless I have a filter board issue I'm stumped.

Hi,

They are some LEDs that can help you.
Hereafter are some things to try or look at:
  1. When plugged in, a blue led should light on.
    1. No light ? check for power cable.
  2. The Arduino should blink for every message it gets from the motherboard (a message is not always associated to a sound).
    1. If it never blink, then your MIDI cable is the culprit.
  3. When a sound play, a LED is active on MP3 module.
    1. No light ? Check the SD.
    2. Light on but no sound ? Check you audio amplifier and wiring to it.
When power on the board will play the sound "1000_*.mp3". If you don't hear anything then there is a problem with audio amplifier and wiring to it.
In my package it is the "SEGA" sound, unfortunately I saw that it's missing from the Daytona2 pack and uploaded a fixed version, try to download it again. You could also place any MP3 file with 1000 at the beginning of the name.

SD card should be formatted as FAT32 and sound should be in "MP3" folder. You can find more info here: https://github.com/Rolel/DSBClone

Hi,

They are some LEDs that can help you.
Hereafter are some things to try or look at:
  1. When plugged in, a blue led should light on.
    1. No light ? check for power cable.
  2. The Arduino should blink for every message it gets from the motherboard (a message is not always associated to a sound).
    1. If it never blink, then your MIDI cable is the culprit.
  3. When a sound play, a LED is active on MP3 module.
    1. No light ? Check the SD.
    2. Light on but no sound ? Check you audio amplifier and wiring to it.
When power on the board will play the sound "1000_*.mp3". If you don't hear anything then there is a problem with audio amplifier and wiring to it.
In my package it is the "SEGA" sound, unfortunately I saw that it's missing from the Daytona2 pack and uploaded a fixed version, try to download it again. You could also place any MP3 file with 1000 at the beginning of the name.

SD card should be formatted as FAT32 and sound should be in "MP3" folder. You can find more info here: https://github.com/Rolel/DSBClone
awesome, thanks, It was the fact that it wasn't formatted for fat32. I'm good to go now! I've had this machine for 6 months and didn't have music, this is so great!!!

If i remember well 4 are fully ready and 20 on the bench waiting for finalize & testing. I know it's a bit "slow" but i had many unexpected events recently. The good news is that i should deliver a lot in one batch.

If i remember well 4 are fully ready and 20 on the bench waiting for finalize & testing. I know it's a bit "slow" but i had many unexpected events recently. The good news is that i should deliver a lot in one batch.
Ok man :) do you have me on the “list”?

Maybe I'm interested. How much does it cost to ship it to Italy? Do you accept Paypal?

Shipping to Italy is 13€ with Mondial Relay, and yes, I accept Paypal.

when I try and update this device it just says "updating". How can I tell what firmware is on it? is there some kind of command?

Hello,

You can see version by pluging the serial port on debug interface.
Anyway, it's more simple to just update to whatever version you want.

If updater doesn't work, try compiling from sources ?

Bonjour @Rom1,

Very interesting project! Do you have any boards available? I would be interested in one.

Thanks,

I'll buy 2 right now if they are still avaiable.

Thanks.

Back