What's new
Hi, currently only 1 remains as "assembled and tested".
I have parts for 6 more and I think they may be the last batch. I hope to have some time to finish them during summer, but I can't give any estimate currently.

Hi. I may be interested in one from your last batch - but I need to test and see if the Model 3 I picked up is fully functional first of all...

I'll take 4 from that last batch. Please, keep us posted.

Hi,

No Flac, but MP3, WAV, WMA are ok. Sampling rates (kHz) can be 8/11.025/12/16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48.
I didn't notice any latency difference between format, I suggest to stick with MP3.

Interested in getting 1 card if it's still available.

Got my 4 boards!! Will start restoring my Daytonas.
Merci, @Rom1

Feel free to hack the code or change music :)
Contact me if any help is needed.

I currently have 1 or 2 boards available. Some may be available soon.

Hello,

Is it any known issue where only music plays but no speech/voice? I'm having that issue with a Daytona 1 PCB. Tried 2 DSBs and 2 Daytona CPUs and nothing, only the MP3 music I've uploaded to the sd card plays.

Nem is right, only BGM comes from the DSB. Effect comes from mainboard and then, both are mixed. Maybe a wiring problem ?

Not sure if it's the case in all Daytonas, but the DSB on mine comes with an extra board on top. If I connect one output, the sfx/speech comes from it, and the second output is totally dedicated to music.

God, I wish I was a helluva programmer, to implement the function of generating a memory map where the sfx roms where read from the microsd, and the DSB understood the SFX calls from the main pcb, to play the right sound effect, at the same time it plays the uncompressed wave files I've uploaded to the microsd. The files sound soooo good, just listen to the attached sample.

In the meantime, I'm seriously thinking in use both PCBs in parallel. Use the DSB replacement for music and the OEM for sfx. My only concern is power consumption and any problem by having the MIDI output from the PCB connected to 2 pcbs at once.

Attachments

• 0003_Bitching.rar
    910.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The DSBs I have are like the one below.

IMG_2027.jpg

Regarding your problem, this is a DSB1 with extended board and is not supported by the clone. I didn't know Daytona (some ? all ?) use this for effects.
It was previously stated this:
Please note that Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter, Wing War & Star Wars Arcade use DSB1 with an addon board in charge of playing sounds. The DSBclone doesn't handle this. As a result I suggest you avoid clone for such games and DSB1 support is disabled by default in source code.
I think I must add Daytona to the list :(

You could hook as many DSBclone you wish: power consumption is very low and midi is opto isolated. Code can be modified in order to play any sound command, in fact most if the code is about filtering and not playing all the effects.

I'll try to hook both boards together. The OEM for sfx and the DSBclone for music.

Quick question. the DSBclone does not handle the extra board due to hardware limitations or programming/time to implement this feature?

hello!
do you have one, still available?
im interested in purchasing one
thanks

Back