What's new
For Sale
anyone in or near la can help rewrite take my cabs to loading docks. I'm renting a truck I need a driver. 2 hours 3 at most of your time.
I'd assume more like 5-6 hours.

Hour there, hour back if zero traffic. But there's always traffic.

But also renting the truck, then time spent getting the pallets on the truck from storage, time spent at the destination doing paperwork and unloading, and then returning the truck.

shouldn't be any paper work except you handing over the bol
Never picked up or dropped off freight without needing at least half an hour with whoever's at the desk. Nevermind time spent with whoever is loading / unloading.

In other news, Sharp missed something with the Domy. I was told the resistor at R714 is all white, and unable to be identified.

Well... It's not all white. They only had to turn it over to find the value.

https://imgur.com/a/R1p80MM

I'm glad I investigated.

shouldn't be any paper work except you handing over the bol
Never picked up or dropped off freight without needing at least half an hour with whoever's at the desk. Nevermind time spent with whoever is loading / unloading.

In other news, Sharp missed something with the Domy. I was told the resistor at R714 is all white, and unable to be identified.

Well... It's not all white. They only had to turn it over to find the value.

https://imgur.com/a/R1p80MM

I'm glad I investigated.
Theyve had my board on bench for 2 weeks and had my chassis for 4 weeks not including the other times.

So the mystery of the unidentified resistor is solved for the Domy?
Depends on if I can find a replacement or not, ha. Googling what's written on it does not result in anything that looks remotely like it. Just tiny resistor results rather than this big guy..

So the mystery of the unidentified resistor is solved for the Domy?
Depends on if I can find a replacement or not, ha. Googling what's written on it does not result in anything that looks remotely like it. Just tiny resistor results rather than this big guy..
Try grantspain on Arcade Otaku? He is most likely to know - that man is a CRT Wizard!

I asked like morse. He said it could be a fuse or custom part since nothing pops up on searching for it. He's never see the one in picture before. But ask Grantspain he is a wizard.

Noble is a Japanese resistor company: https://www.noble-j.co.jp/en/products/discrete/resistor/

maybe shoot them an email?

looking at your picture it might actually be a fusable resistor, so there may be more to it than it's resistance value, and replacing it may uncover other issues with the chassis (eg: buy more than one incase the new one blows as soon as you install it)

Last edited:
Noble is a Japanese resistor company: https://www.noble-j.co.jp/en/products/discrete/resistor/

looking at your picture it might actually be a fusable resistor, so there may be more to it than it's resistance value, and replacing it may uncover other issues with the chassis (eg: buy more than one incase the new one blows as soon as you install it)
I knew who they were at least. Wasn't sure if there was much point contacting them in English, and admittedly didn't put any effort into finding out last night.

The chassis had a full go over aside from this. Replaced over half the components on it judging by the soldering.

Threw my trust into the overpriced local electronics shop and bought some replacements this morning that the owner said are comparable. We'll see how it turns out later this afternoon.

I knew who they were at least. Wasn't sure if there was much point contacting them in English, and admittedly didn't put any effort into finding out last night.
The chassis had a full go over aside from this. Replaced over half the components on it judging by the soldering.

Threw my trust into the overpriced local electronics shop and bought some replacements this morning that the owner said are comparable. We'll see how it turns out later this afternoon.
Best of luck!! Hope you're able to get the Domy back in business with those parts. :thumbup:

Domy is still dead...

No static at the monitor. Just this sound.

That click sounds an awful lot like when a HOT gives out. Did they replace that?
It's a lot different than the ones I'd experienced in the past.

Not sure. I emailed them last night, showing them the resistor, but didn't hear anything back yet today. Going to call them if they're still open and see what work they did do to the chassis.

"I replaced a whole bunch of things. Whole bunch. Caps, and a whole bunch of things. Test the horizontal transistor or something around it."

Ugh...

It’s finally here boys!!!!!!!!!
thanks to my buddy speedswan

@ rewrite,what’s the part # you need?

Attachments

• EA4E61DA-1EA5-4289-8F44-64CF1B1B8961.jpeg
    EA4E61DA-1EA5-4289-8F44-64CF1B1B8961.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 105
It’s finally here boys!!!!!!!!!
thanks to my buddy speedswan

@ rewrite,what’s the part # you need?
Congrats!

I got the part number, it was a mistake on Sharp's part saying they didn't have it. Unfortunately even replacing that I'm left with a dead monitor..

Back