What's new
For Sale
can anyone take a picture of the wire in the windy2 that connects to the psu then its suppose to connect to the neckboard fan.

When I plug mine in it charges the cab and I get shocks. The fan is not working I'm going to wire a new one in.

can anyone take a picture of the wire in the windy2 that connects to the psu then its suppose to connect to the neckboard fan.
Mine doesn't have a neckboard fan or even holes to mount it. Personally I'd leave it off but then it's extremely unlikely to overheat here in the UK.

Mine doesn't have a neckboard fan or even holes to mount it. Personally I'd leave it off but then it's extremely unlikely to overheat here in the UK.
That's pretty brave. If the design required a fan I'd keep it.

I bought a new fan. I just got it in the mail today and I haven't messed around with it yet. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find.

That's pretty brave. If the design required a fan I'd keep it.
I bought a new fan. I just got it in the mail today and I haven't messed around with it yet. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find.
There seem to be two models of WIndy 2. The first one I have has the fan mounts and a fan on the psu. The second one I have does not have either, nor a spot for it. The psu is different and also does not have a place for a fan.

That's pretty brave. If the design required a fan I'd keep it.I bought a new fan. I just got it in the mail today and I haven't messed around with it yet. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find.
There seem to be two models of WIndy 2. The first one I have has the fan mounts and a fan on the psu. The second one I have does not have either, nor a spot for it. The psu is different and also does not have a place for a fan.
oh that's interesting. I know about our psu but didnt know yours had no neckboard fan.

Mine didn't have a fan either, or a place to mount it. I figured it would be good to have one.

Hi Guys
Is a A68KJU96X (6D) tube compatible with a MS9-29T chassis?
It is. But you need the proper yoke for ms9 chassis. Even you could use an ms8 yoke and tweek the image to set them correctly.

@sergiopolog
Well as I understand you I can't easily change (plug and play style) my tube A68KJU96X (6E) with a A68KJU96X (6D)?
as I said before, it’s more a yoke compatibility than that reference number. A68KJU96X is the tube reference from that Toshiba model, with that specific size and curvature in the canyon. It’s not clear if that two letter reference (6E or 6D) is related to the yoke type mounted from factory. You can check it the arcade otaku wiki different models identified:
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Nanao_MS9

I think it would be compatible, but there are some 31khz yokes used along this tube... most clarifying thing is to know where that tube was mounted originally.

FYI this chassis from Toshiba PB-9430-1 has same thing of PB-7534 but in new revision.

Working in my Windy II, tube Toshiba A68KZN696X.

flyback is the same msuifus11

and thank you SnakeGrunger <3 yeah I know Snake IRL ;)

*EDIT*

i forgot, when I try capcom game in naomi with IO board Windy II, I put dip switch 4 ON and her we go ! Game boot, because game give error : not found io board capcom.

Feeling like I'm finally pretty much done with the Windy 2 now!

rCCQxj8.jpg

Couple of notes from recent work on it:

The ground wire had been cut from the back I/O panel to the PSU (who knows why), so that has been fixed. Worth checking on other cabinets from the group buy as my E2 also had ground cut. It wasn't causing any issues except for maybe a weird hum that's been fixed up since cleaning up the internals.

If using a MS2930-S chassis you may need to switch CN509 over from "narrow" to "wide" to get hsize to fill the screen fully. I still can't quite get the vertical large enough, but it doesn't bother me really with hsize fixed and geometry looking much better.

I had left the degauss switch cable disconnected before as I wasn't sure if the Windy 2 one was the right pinout (there are three pins and only two get connected), but after moving the cabinet in from the garage the screen was pretty out of whack with magnetization and needed it, so I just gave it a go.

The five pin connector is the degauss switch one and drops in on a 2930 chassis as-is. The two pin degauss connector though did have to be changed.

J1H7Uje.jpg

If anyone was unsure of the back I/O panel layout or the buttons on the PSU, this is what I've figured out so far:

Back panel (looking in from front of cabinet via PCB door):
Bottom vga - to monitor chassis
Middle vga - to game board
Top vga - ext video input (?) (unused in my setup)
Bottom rca - to psu (audio amp)
Middle rca - to game board
Top rca - external audio input (?) (unused in my setup)

Psu dials/buttons:
Top left - volume dial
Top - degauss
2nd - test mode
Third - ??
Fourth - ??

Third/fourth maybe RCA input selector? Not sure.

I saw someone else had asked about a 12V adjustment pot on the Windy 2 PSU. There does actually seem to be one per the manual:

695O2D8.png

Oh also, the dimensions for the Windy 2 wooden PCB holder board are 16 3/8 in by 21 3/8 in by 1/2 in.

@kuze nice. I'm still working on mine. I'm A going to put a 2931 from grantspain or wait for rancor to send me my 2933 I bought a tube to gut the chassis yoke and rings from.

@kuze can you take pictures of the ground wire you fixed and were it was connected on that filter thing.

The sanwa I have in the can charges the cab and shocks me pretty bad but if I unplug the power to it cab isnt charged anymore.

Have you recapped that psu yet if so can you tell me what cap to get for the filter cap the big one. Mine makes a hum.

Nice work Kuze, always preferred the colour on the Windy 1 marquee holder. The blue marquee looks a bit lack luster.

i like it too but i would rather get the blue to make my windy2 complete. So if anyone has a blue windy2 marquee wants to trade for a windy1 marquee im game.

The windy 2 I/O, does anyone know what voltage it needs? I’m working on an adapter for the nvs4000 to work in the Windy 2. I’ve got most of the logistics and parts down, I am stumped on this.

@radiantsvgun I’m pretty sure it’s the same io that my cobra system uses. PWB4052708. The fighting Bujutsu Manual has a pinout for you. It’s sort of split between two pages but here’s the power in from the psu I believe:

6hRj4Di_d.jpg

Back