What's new
For Sale
I'm getting really tired of saying this and still dealing with people ignoring it. I. DO NOT. ACCEPT. GOODS & SERVICES. I'm going to just start cancelling and blacklisting people who can't read and at least ask first. I offer other payment methods. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

I'm getting really tired of saying this and still dealing with people ignoring it. I. DO NOT. ACCEPT. GOODS & SERVICES. I'm going to just start cancelling and blacklisting people who can't read and at least ask first. I offer other payment methods. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.
You have always been a great dude to work with and even just sit and have a conversation with.
More importers (in any field) should follow your example of taking care of the customer.

Either way, if they won’t follow your guidelines, they can always try KC and see how bad things can get.

Attachments

• 1B64D8CA-8898-4B62-8232-42524CD86812.png
    1B64D8CA-8898-4B62-8232-42524CD86812.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I think that @Cereth has proven long enough that he delivers what he promises.
I don't think time is any measure of the quality of a seller. Yaton was around for much longer than Cereth and delivered everything as promised. KC too. Countless others that have/had decades of good service then suddenly dip with a ton of cash in their last transactions in this hobby.

I don't have any issues with Cereth and I am not remotely suggesting that would happen here, but I do think that this exact line of reasoning often gets us into trouble as a community.

I don't have any issues with Cereth and I am not remotely suggesting that would happen here, but I do think that this exact line of reasoning often gets us into trouble as a community.
Fact. If you're sending thousands of dollars to a business and they will only take friends and family that's a huge red flag, full stop. Sorry, don't care who you are, you're a business, the 3% fee is the cost of doing business.

I'm not a big dog seller, but in my pinball business I've moved over $100k easy through PayPal, and I just pay the fees and keep my customers protected and everything easy.

PayPal won't even let business accounts take F&F anymore. Won't be surprised to see them start cracking down on people moving huge amounts through their personal accounts.

And this isn't a dig on Cereth, just a general principle. As rewrite said, it's all good until the day it isn't, and people are left with little recourse. We've seen it time and time again. We should be calling it out when we see it, not speaking up with "hey, they've always done right by me!" stories, because there are MFers doing that right now in the Yaton thread still.

Yeah, that makes sense if who's speaking is the buyer. Now put yourself on the seller shoes and tell me ehat happens when someone has a money problem or is a flipper and decides to make a claim or file a charge back on his credit card....

I wouldn't pay F&F to everyone only to very selected people that I trust and @Cereth is one of them.

generally a huge agree with @rewrite and @Aurich. It’s completely understandable that reputations can rank overnight. That’s why I offer different methods of payment, let people decide if they want to just not do business with me, and state my requested payment methods repeatedly so people know. I can’t keep my guarantee if I literally die or something. Can’t expect people to all have the same trust in me that I promise.

This morning was someone who was told explicitly, ignored it and sent Goods & Services anyway, then doubled down and insisted on buyer protection, and refusing to pay fees, all AFTER the fact. They knowingly sent Goods & Services knowing I asked for Friends & Family, and just didn’t discuss with me in advance, then wouldn’t work with me after. Cost me $80 out of pocket. It’s not about the money for me, it’s the principle of PayPal’s policies, as well as from experience, people who insist on Goods & Services with the explicit reason of protecting themselves, I’ve found to have a 75% rate of being problem buyers, the kind of people who will find a problem where there isn’t one. It amounts to maybe 1 in 100 transactions, and after 5,000+ transactions, that has been pretty consistent.

Use your best judgment. Buying from someone on the other side of the planet, or from someone with multitudes of bad rep isn't using best judgment. Someone like Cereth (or others I trust in other hobbies) with years of experience and next to no negative feedback? I'll take that bet. The "what if?" scenario people are mentioning is as logical as discontinuing driving for fear of a car accident.

Use your best judgment. Buying from someone on the other side of the planet, or from someone with multitudes of bad rep isn't using best judgment. Someone like Cereth (or others I trust in other hobbies) with years of experience and next to no negative feedback? I'll take that bet. The "what if?" scenario people are mentioning is as logical as discontinuing driving for fear of a car accident.
Again, for decades *prior* to jumping ship, both KC and yaton were perfectly fine to buy from with zero negative feedback. Then it changed.

That was the point being made. Because in several scenarios these "what ifs" became very real.

To use your analogy, you still drive safely, use turn signals, and put on your seat belt when you get in the car, doesn't mean you're white knuckled the entire ride and scared of getting into an accident, you're just being sensible. It's good to be sensible in all aspects of life.

Hard agree. It’s a choice for a buyer to make. The only reason I have a problem is people who completely disregard my request, don’t take other options, and don’t fix it after. They didn’t have to trust me. They also didn’t have to disrespect me just because they felt like their way was right.

Two Rhythm Tengokus, coming around Nov/Dec, no top/side flags. $2,000, don't have pictures of the second

PRas 3s, just some example photos of this batch. A lot more on order, $2,000

https://imgur.com/a/pBq6E15

Attachments

• 20220819_221020_94.jpg
    20220819_221020_94.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20220819_221020_95.jpg
    20220819_221020_95.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Copying this from FB listings since it's kinda convenient atm

Current listings for Vewlixes.

Incoming Nov/Dec

Vewlix F FastIO (incl. TTX3) x2: $1,500
Vewlix FC JVSIO or FastIO x5: $1,250
Vewlix FC FastIO (incl. TTX3) x2: $1,500
Vewlix L (AMI? unclear): $1,250
Vewlix L AMI (Junk cabinet): $750
Vewlix Diamond Blue JVSIO or FastIO x2: $2,000
Vewlix Diamond Blue FastIO (incl. TTX3) x4: $2,250

At request for later containers

Vewlix FC x2: $1,250
Vewlix L (AMI? unclear): $1,250
Vewlix L AMI (Junk cabinet): $750
Vewlix Diamond Blue FastIO (incl. TTX3): $2,250
Vewlix Diamond Black: $3,000
Vewlix Diamond Orange: $2,750

For more specific batch photos, please inquire. Frequently I can't provide anything specific until cabs come in. I try what I can. Photos in the listing are to give a feel for the condition you should expect cabs to be in. All cabs will come with locks/IO of some form. I do not cherrypick, but will work to match any requirements/requests you have. I do not do custom work; swap control panels, add P2 harnesses, etc. All that has resources available to the community already. 99% of Vewlixes out of Japan come with 1L7B original panels, so that's what you should be expecting.Feel free to ask questions as well.

In regards to the L AMIs, they are a bit of an unknown. They don't remember if they had L or L AMIs, so if interested in those, will have to wait for them to come in. As for the junk cabinets listed, they are missing a fair amount of parts. That's also probably a wait and see thing. Since I'll be in Japan for the next month, it might be hard to coordinate a look-over those cabs with my partner while I'm gone. If interested, express interest and it's something we can come back to.

Also PRas 3 cabs, $2,000. 5 available coming in December.
https://imgur.com/a/53TxMcD

Back