What's new
I'd say buy an eprom and burn a newer NonMulti BIOS. Those eproms are cheap.

I'd say buy an eprom and burn a newer NonMulti BIOS. Those eproms are cheap.
Can I just reuse my old one or the other multi I have? I don't have a burner but with the amount of boards currently in my collection I should probably get one.

Yes of course you can do that,but please don't erase an original Eprom, we like to keep those original use the one from MultiBios for example (after making a backup of the content and Verifying 3 times that it's good).

has chaos field been converted to work with netdimm?

Capcom I/O can be problematic. It can't supply enough power. You'd better power the Naomi independently, not through the Capcom I/O.
^ THIS. I wouldn't even try running a DIMM setup with the Capcom I/O powering it over JAMMA... it's just asking for trouble. Grab one of @Mitsurugi-w ATX2NAOMI adapters and be happy :)

Capcom I/O can be problematic. It can't supply enough power. You'd better power the Naomi independently, not through the Capcom I/O.
^ THIS. I wouldn't even try running a DIMM setup with the Capcom I/O powering it over JAMMA... it's just asking for trouble. Grab one of @Mitsurugi-w ATX2NAOMI adapters and be happy :)
There is a way, IIRC, to correct the power supply issues when pulled through the capcom I/O that would allow for enough amperage to adequately power the Naomi. @Derick2k talked about it in the past, I believe. Dont' know if it's still a viable mod though.

There is a way, IIRC, to correct the power supply issues when pulled through the capcom I/O that would allow for enough amperage to adequately power the Naomi. @Derick2k talked about it in the past, I believe. Dont' know if it's still a viable mod though.
you basically just upgrade the DC-DC converter to one that supplies more amperage on the 3.3V line.

I really wouldn't recommend it though as you need a really beefy 5V supply and even then you're pushing more power though thinner wires than you aught to be.

you basically just upgrade the DC-DC converter to one that supplies more amperage on the 3.3V line.
I really wouldn't recommend it though as you need a really beefy 5V supply and even then you're pushing more power though thinner wires than you aught to be.
It can be done safely, but its a pain to do, just not worth the time/effort. I would just get a dedicated jvs psu or get a psu that only outputs 3.3v and use that to replace the 3.3v line in your setup.

you basically just upgrade the DC-DC converter to one that supplies more amperage on the 3.3V line.I really wouldn't recommend it though as you need a really beefy 5V supply and even then you're pushing more power though thinner wires than you aught to be.
It can be done safely, but its a pain to do, just not worth the time/effort. I would just get a dedicated jvs psu or get a psu that only outputs 3.3v and use that to replace the 3.3v line in your setup.
can this same thing be done to the blast city PSU?

First post updated!

New game: Ninja Assault (NJA2 World ver)

Please notice that this game requires a special JVS IO (Namco JYU I/O) to work. It's not just a special check in the code to see if that I/O is present, it uses other way of light gun position read, not analogue like Sega games but as per JVS specs using special commands for lightguns/touchscreens. NAMCO guns require a CRT so you will need that as well. The game requires an older BIOS to work, see below compatibility list:

NAOMI1:
21576D - OK
21576E - OK
21576G - BAD

NAOMI2:
23605 - OK
23605A - OK
23605B - OK
23605C - BAD

No chance of modifying it for compatibility with the Sega IR/analog gun setup?

If not I wonder if @winteriscoming 's MegaJVS could be programmed to spoof the proper JVS IO and remap the controls

First post updated!

Please notice that this game requires a special JVS IO (Namco JYU I/O) to work. It's not just a special check in the code to see if that I/O is present, it uses other way of light gun position read, not analogue like Sega games but as per JVS specs using special commands for lightguns/touchscreens. NAMCO guns require a CRT so you will need that as well. The game requires an older BIOS to work, see below compatibility list:

NAOMI1:
21576D - OK
21576E - OK
21576G - BAD

NAOMI2:
23605 - OK
23605A - OK
23605B - OK
23605C - BAD
Ninja Assault's lightgun commands were most likely taken from Time Crisis 2 as both JVS I/O boards used the same Namco C78 MCU, a rebranded Hitachi H8/3334. Most (if not, all) Namco System 23 games were like this where they used a similar check to see if the code is present. It's also possible Vampire Night and Time Crisis 3 on System 246 work in a similar fashion since those also used C78 based I/O boards (that or the SH-4 based Rays pcb).
Mazan's controls on the other hand were closer to touchscreen with the sensor arch emitting two large touchscreens for sword controls.

Last edited:
First post updated!

NAOMI1:
21576D - OK
21576E - OK
21576G - BAD

NAOMI2:
23605 - OK
23605A - OK
23605B - OK
23605C - BAD
So...no multibios ain't gonna work?

@Hydreigon why are you here ? you've already annoyed / pissed off all the MAMEdevs at Discord and decided to do the same here ? ;)

there is no magic or mystery in Ninja Assault, all as per JVS specs, just switch on the brain and read JVS docs.
and no, you can't play this game using JVS I/O board from Time Crysis 2.

Vampire Night does use the same X/Y input function from JVS but I don't think it will work the same. I remember someone saying, possibly @MetalliC that 0,0 is bottom left for Ninja Assault or something strange like that?

I've run the original game cart with the multi bios, and this dump boots to I/O error (as I've not tried it with the openjvs namco io emulator yet) - so it suggests it going to work?

First post updated!

NAOMI1:
21576D - OK
21576E - OK
21576G - BAD

NAOMI2:
23605 - OK
23605A - OK
23605B - OK
23605C - BAD
Interesting....I've got 2 carts, and 2 full sets of I/O's, sound amps, and wiring for these laying around. I really need to gather them up, and sell em off.

@Hydreigon why are you here ? you've already annoyed / pissed off all the MAMEdevs at Discord and decided to do the same here ? ;)

there is no magic or mystery in Ninja Assault, all as per JVS specs, just switch on the brain and read JVS docs.
and no, you can't play this game using JVS I/O board from Time Crisis 2.
Aww. What is wrong with verification with hardware in cabs that came shipped out of the factory? Ofc I know the I/O board from Time Crisis 2 is incompatible with Ninja Assault (the two use different H8 MCU programs). It's just an educated guess because both games use the same C78 cpu and are optical gun games.

Imo, if there were no "magic and mystery" in Ninja Assault, then a second check for its H8 program would likely not exist. Namco most likely designed this additional check to prevent the use of other JVS I/O boards besides the original.

Back