What's new
ok this is very cool. I'm a little lost though. Am I able to use dreamcast guns hacked to work on the naomi to play it or do I need something else or have an io board or it's just working on normal bios or multi bios but cant play it properly yet.

Last edited:
@8bitforlife It won’t work with Dreamcast guns, you need a proper set of guns that send their signal through the analogue channels of your JVS IO. This could be one of the OMZ gun boards (like on the original hotd2), or some fixed guns with analogue pots that you wire yourself, or something like OpenJVS and a Wii remote.

It works with the multi bios, and I assume any of the bioses that support netboot. Works as any other netbootable rom does.

how does the dreamcast gun work??
i'v only seen a few foto's of one - no idea if it's a "raster-capture" type device or a tracking camera.

@stj light sensor which react on CRT raster beam, and if this happen - send signal to dreamcast chipset, which latch current display output X/Y position in special register

same for DC and Atomiswave

Reactions: stj
As has been pointed out earlier, Ninja Assault uses the touchscreen interface part of JVS so that cannot be easily hacked.

The JYU-PCB reports the resolution as 16 bits for X and Y.

The coordinate system for the touchscreen starts in lower left as 0, 0.

Guns must be calibrated to work properly.
The JYU pcb uses a Namco C78, a rebadged Hitachi H8/3334. It's a very similar design to the v185 I/O pcb used in Time Crisis 2 and 3 also using a C78 so both games should theoretically work the same way?

Last edited:
The JYU pcb uses a Namco C78, a rebadged Hitachi H8/3334. It's a very similar design to the v185 I/O pcb used in Time Crisis 2 and 3 also using a C78 so both games should theoretically work the same way?
Ninja Assault is very picky, it will only work with that adapter, it does an explicit test for the idstring.

The first post of this thread has been updated. Metallic did it! ... House of the Dead 2 working on Naomi!
Running fine on my Naomi 2 board with analogue panel ^^ Just finished the entire game.
It will not reset when you netboot another game and it freezes at the memory test in test mode.
The memory test freeze is probably because I use Naomi 2.

The first post of this thread has been updated. Metallic did it! ... House of the Dead 2 working on Naomi!
Running fine on my Naomi 2 board with analogue panel ^^ Just finished the entire game.It will not reset when you netboot another game and it freezes at the memory test in test mode.
The memory test freeze is probably because I use Naomi 2.
you are using guns?

No, an analogue joystick. Makes the game a bit harder though.

I just wanted to clear up - will these games that are fixed to work on DIMM, work with the CF adapter as well?

Or are there different versions for writing to a CF card?

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Puyo Pop Fever, I send it to the netdimm apparently it seems to load but in the end I only get a black screen, any ideas?
(With the rest of the games I have no problem, they load well)

Thanks so much, that did the trick. Also lots of other games on there so thanks again!
I, too, just purchased a Naomi 2 from @psykom1 (thank you sir) and am trying to play the unlocked version of MVC2 from my NetDimm. This rom worked on the Naomi 1, but unfortunately does not work on Naomi 2 for some weird reason. Can you or anyone tell me what I need to do? The roms I have are all the recent ones. Thanks in advance!

Maybe this is not the right spot to ask this but I noticed that sometimes after booting a game with net dimm, the games runs slower than it should.
Anybody else has the same problem?

My setup:
Naomi 2 512MB
Pi1 with LCD /Pi3 Web Boot
Sega Jamma I/O reb.b
ATX PSU

CVS2 it was.

Sometimes it runs slower than it should, if I reload the game again it runs at full speed.

Even in "Neutral Situations" where charcters just move forward or jump up straight, you can see that it is slower than it should be.

mmmh. never thought of that. I will try this with the capcom I/O
thanks.

Capcom I/O can be problematic. It can't supply enough power. You'd better power the Naomi independently, not through the Capcom I/O.

Back