What's new
@rtw
be sure to have special IOs this game require, btw msg #33 in this topic says CrazyTaxi is working via netboot
Thanks for the tip MetalliC, so on the real system the track ball is a part of the JVS chain ?

Anyone have a link to the Crazy Taxi netboot dump ?

@rtw
be sure to have special IOs this game require, btw msg #33 in this topic says CrazyTaxi is working via netboot
Thanks for the tip MetalliC, so on the real system the track ball is a part of the JVS chain ?
Anyone have a link to the Crazy Taxi netboot dump ?
http://neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24159&start=300 scroll down for the downloads including crazy taxi.

yes, on the NAOMI, the trackball has it's own IO board that is chained with the cabinets IO board. The cab IO handles the digital controls, triggers, start button, coins, and the trackball IO just handles the trackball. The same is used in virtua golf.

oops, when searching the site for "outtriggers" you won't find it since the text says: "Out triggers", but now I have found it :thumbsup:
I've seen the name spelled so many different ways but the official name is "Outtrigger" no space, two "t"s and no "s". That's how it's printed on the cart label, and the in-game title screen.

FWIW the DIMM modified ROM wont let you into the game test menu which means you can't play linked mode, so this version of the game is 1 player only unfortunately.

I own two original Outtrigger panels and the original carts (formerly owned by skate323k137) if you have any questions about the original setup.

Can anyone shed some light on Virtual On for me? Haven't been able to get inputs to work on a Naomi 1 (multi-bios JPN) or Naomi 2 Rev C JPN bios. I'm guessing it doesn't like my JVS rev B IO, does it require the regular jvs type 1? Game boots fine and goes through intro, but it's just weird none of the inputs work and even pressing test directly on either naomi does nothing. The times it has randomly been able to go into test, the game test always freezes ;(

I've tested and confirmed VOOT working with JVS Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, and the Sega JVS to JAMMA I/O.

You say your I/O is a "Rev B" so I'm assuming that's a Sega JVS to JAMMA I/O. have you tried it on both Jumper settings? it may need the expansion header set to output mode for the start lamps/billboard output.

Thank you so much twisted! I totally forgot about that jumper to switch to outputs. Dohhhhhh. Now the fun of wiring it all up to work haha.

I don't think anyone ever finished dumping that correctly. Werejag knows more. I just play XX accent core.

Back