What's new
ic22 is pretty empty compared to other ic22 from other games. blank for like 70 pecent of the space

it is quite common, also this game works OK emulated.
however there is always chances origin EPROM not 100% good, because IC22 is not CRC protected, so we needed photo of ROM TEST screen from some other cart to be sure.

@Darksoft perhaps it worth create topic like "wanted NAOMI ROM TESTs screens and/or cartridge PCB pics" ?
for this GGX game, also I'm looking for "World Series 99" ROM TEST to find out if it same/different from dumped "Super Major League 99"

Last edited:
it is quite common, also this game works OK emulated.
however there is always chances origin EPROM not 100% good, because IC22 is not CRC protected, so we needed photo of ROM TEST screen from some other cart to be sure.

@Darksoft perhaps it worth create topic like "wanted NAOMI ROM TESTs screens and/or cartridge PCB pics" ?
for this GGX game, also I'm looking for "World Series 99" ROM TEST to find out if it same/different from dumped "Super Major League 99"
Sounds good. I just opened it here:
WANTED --> NAOMI ROM TESTs screens and/or cartridge PCB pics. Please help improve Naomi romsets.

@Darksoft thank you.

@werejag how exactly you attempted to 'fix' GGX ?
as I see IC22 contain 3 chunks of encrypted+compressed data (@ 100000h, 170000h and 200000h)

it can be cracked but... seriously, does anyone really needed this game if we have newer and superior GG XX, GG XX Reload, GG XX Slash etc ? or this is "I want *exactly this* toy mom!!!"-type case ? ;)

I think they just want it for sake of completeness.

There are certain older versions of games I like better than the updates. For example I prfer Mortal Kombat 3 over UMK3 and SF2: CE over SF2: Hyper Fighting.

@Darksoft thank you.

@werejag how exactly you attempted to 'fix' GGX ?
as I see IC22 contain 3 chunks of encrypted+compressed data (@ 100000h, 170000h and 200000h)

it can be cracked but... seriously, does anyone really needed this game if we have newer and superior GG XX, GG XX Reload, GG XX Slash etc ? or this is "I want *exactly this* toy mom!!!"-type case ? ;)
I think it's more of "I want to have them all". I'm a collector and I know the feeling.

I see you point, but in my understanding "collecting" then you have real thing, genuine GGX cart, 1st part of this great game series, and its pretty cool.
netboot binary is just hack to play it for free, I cant see much enjoy in collecting this...

Well you have collectors and gamers. Collectors want the original thing. Gamers just want to play everything.

I have the CF card solution for Naomi1 from Joerg

Do I need these fixed versions?

Unfixed versions won't boot regardless of who made your kit.

I don't think his versions were fixed, I bought it some years ago

I think it's time to try these fixed versions ;)

Thanks for running another cool project

Back