What's new
yes,or faking it.a lots of works for thoses days
I suspect it will be not easy, this game wants gun input not as analog inputs (like the rest of Naomi gun games), but like touch-screen input (notice SCREEN X:16 Y:16 CH:2 on pic below)
demul 2016-04-17 16-30-14-250.jpg

I'd say it will be easier to RE/hack this game and 'convert' to use common analog gun inputs

Glad to see some progress here :)

Thanks to the anonymous ;) and all of you...

Maybe one day... HOTD2...

Wow; great stuff! Whoever is doing these update files - keep going!!
I have the trackball I/O for Virtua Golf and it works great with the net boot Naomi. So it will also work with Outrigger? Can you use a standard joystick with the trackball I/O and play the game effectively? Looking forward to trying this and being able to use the trackball for more than just Virtua Golf.

Great to hear about Wild Riders - I have been waiting to play Wild Riders via net boot and great to see it finally available as a rom file and works with the S-JIHP!

Here is my list of games that were not available for net boot via a rom file: Updating with the games now being available and removed from this list. If some of these are available and I don't know it, please let me know.
The trackball and trackball IO are the same between virtua golf and out trigger panels. You should be able to boot out trigger with a golf panel attached but it wouldn't really be playable.

The joystick itself is a flight stick with 2 buttons. Without this you'd be trying to juggle both a joystick, 3 buttons, and a trackball.

You could probably make a custom panel with a new flight stick and by sacrificing a golf panel, but it would be a hell of a lot of work to do it.

I have a couple out trigger panels, I can do some testing with it soon to see how it works out. If this image netboots well it would make my life a lot easier.

The joystick itself is a flight stick with 2 buttons. Without this you'd be trying to juggle both a joystick, 3 buttons, and a trackball.
it should be noted that it's a digital 8-way flight stick, since most people seem to assume it's analog.
its the exact same stick used by VOOT and Gundamn battle operating simulator.

ughh, as I've already said - Dynamic Golf and Outtriger uses almost same controls:
- trackball
- 8-way digital (does it really matters if this is stick or direction buttons ? imo its not)
main difference - Outtriger have 3 shot buttons, Golf doesn't have this.

Last edited:
ggx is fixable?
it's all software = everything as you say 'fixable'
its a matter 'is there a person who want to waste his time and resources and do this for free, so other people will be able to play this for free' :D

ive wasted alot of my time trying to padd out the securty ic file ive done a few other stuff the 322 eprom ic22 is incomplete. i dont know about all that other stuff you said. have i pissed you off?

have i pissed you off?
You may have. The reason why so many people leave the scene is because they feel their efforts aren't appreciated.' There are a few people behind the scenes that are helping release some of these games and they want to remain anonymous. You can say you appreciate it all you want but they released 5 games that have not been released before to the public. The games have been in arcades for 15 years and just now fixed. For profit? No. Just for the hell/challenge of it. So when we keep asking for more, more, MORE it becomes very tiresome and is no longer fun.

A good example is the first person that really had the CPS3 decryption going. It was a labor of love. He got many of the games far enough along to boot in MAME. Then people started begging for more right now. He even started to get random, professional bug reports from Chinese companies with notes asking him to fix these bugs. WTF, right? So he abandoned the project and Darksoft a few years later stepped in to finish.

This hobby is not cheap. Money does make things happen in this hobby a lot of time. There are some people in this hobby that are ALWAYS asking for something for free. I'll get PMs and emails asking for game files or even pcb design files that I worked very hard on and wish to keep for myself. Not a lot of people thankfully. So my advice to people is to appreciate what you get. We aren't entitled to any of these game releases. They are free. Understand? FREE. They have not asked for one penny for their work. If you truly appreciate their work you will be happy with the releases we do have and just go with the flow. Would GGX be cool? Sure, has it been moved to the back of the queue now? My guess is yes.

I love the members here. I'm just asking some to be patient and content with what some people give to the community. It's more than we could have hoped for already.

@werejag
nothing personal, just saying

@Mitsurugi-w
sad but true, nowadays scene if kind of dead (
whole f*ing internet does nothing but wait until *someone* do something, instead of learn how to do something by themselves, but that *someone* never appears, so things does not moves anywhere.
said above not just about Naomi or arcade scene, its in general (PC, etc). looks like curse or something...

ughh, as I've already said - Dynamic Golf and Outtriger uses almost same controls:
- trackball
- 8-way digital (does it really matters if this is stick or direction buttons ? imo its not)
main difference - Outtriger have 3 shot buttons, Golf doesn't have this.
No need to be frustrated I'm just trying to help. Yes, from a "will it boot" standpoint the hardware is the same. Digital controls and a trackball. From a "is it playable" standpoint, it's kind of different. Without the buttons on the joystick (flight stick) you'd practically need 3 hands to play. I guess if you designed a trackball with 3 easily reachable buttons then yeah a normal 8-way joystick would work just fine.

Thank you to whoever put in the work on these. I had tried with no success to convert some of these in the past, so it is appreciated. I'll give outtrigger a test later. Assuming it works I'll see if it will network link with an original cart (I've done this with other games like heavy metal geomatrix using one cart and one netboot copy and it worked fine).

Werejag if it's just ic22 that's incomplete for ggx then anyone with a cart and eprom burner should be able to dump that easily (Unless there's something special about ic22 on that particular cart). I've had to dump and/or reburn ic22 on some other NAOMI carts and it's never been an issue.

Last edited:
I found out last night that there was an export cab version for VOOT..

... my life is a lie

this is the first time I've ever had a clue that something like this existed, now I'm wondering if there there is an export variation of the ROMs that no one knows about.

Attachments

• 906.jpeg
    906.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 907.jpeg
    907.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 908.jpeg
    908.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 909.jpeg
    909.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 919.jpeg
    919.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 920.jpeg
    920.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 230
this is the first time I've ever had a clue that something like this existed, now I'm wondering if there there is an export variation of the ROMs that no one knows about.
The vonot.7z image contains all regions and the region selector is set to 0xff so try it :) Unless someone else set it to 0xff of course.

The vonot.7z image contains all regions and the region selector is set to 0xff so try it :) Unless someone else set it to 0xff of course.
These cabinets are for the Model 3 version of the game (Rev 5.2 and 5.4) NAOMI VO is Rev 5.66 which is actually a very different game (like the difference between Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).

Even still, are you suggesting that there are multiple regions within the NAOMI image?

These cabinets are for the Model 3 version of the game (Rev 5.2 and 5.4) NAOMI VO is Rev 5.66 which is actually a very different game (like the difference between Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).
Even still, are you suggesting that there are multiple regions within the NAOMI image?
Thanks for heads up on the Model 3, since we're talking about NAOMI I thought is was the NAOMI version you were referring to :)

The NAOMI has a header where all the game names for the various regions are stored and a region mask which specifies which games are allowed to start. This is again masked with the region of the BIOS.

Thanks for heads up on the Model 3, since we're talking about NAOMI I thought is was the NAOMI version you were referring to
yeah sorry, I thought it was somewhat pertinent because the panel that penrhos posted was from the model 3 version.
The NAOMI has a header where all the game names for the various regions are stored and a region mask which specifies which games are allowed to start. This is again masked with the region of the BIOS.
I tested the vonot.bin on both USA and JP region settings it booted and played fine on both but there was no difference in the game. Everything was still in Japanese reguardless of region. Still very playable though, there's very little Japanese in the game as it is.

Thought I did notice something interesting in the link settings in that there was Master, Slave and "Satellite" options. I'm quite curious what that Satellite mode does. I know the Model 2 and Model 3 VOOT games had a Live monitor mode where a 3rd PCB could be setup to show the match from a 3rd person perspective, however I thought it had been dropped for the NOAMI release. It could also be for a terminal to manage the VMU data, VO Force on Hikaru had a Terminal for card management.

Another thing I'm unsure about on the NAOMI version is that the Model 3 version supported up to 4 units linked together, and even though the game was only 2-player you basically had a player pool where you could match up with any player from any of the other units.

this game also supports Dreamcast controller plugged in MAPLE port
Anyone know how to enable the DC controllers for Gun Survivor 2? I can't seem to figure it out.

Back