That would make sense if the pictures actually showed a 6 pin JST. It doesn't; it shows 6 individual connectors. It makes people think that they need to wire all 6 and they may waste time/effort/money to wire it up 2 extra wires or to buy JST 6 pin connector if they are OCD like me : )Only 4 wires are needed but the idea is to use a 6 pin to 6 pin connector for ease of installationWas finally able to set up Darksoft Champion Edition after trying on a problematic board. I was still having some issues for some reason but then it magically worked. I also realized that the LCD must be plugged in before turning on or it won't work properly.
I'm super happy with the setup and forgot about a lot of these games that I used to play in the arcade. Props to the team who put this together and a big thank you for making this hobby easier and cheapER!
While the setup was easy, the instructions definitely need an update and some better pictures. Some suggestions for improvement:
That's it for my suggestions. Thanks again!
- Step 1 of multi-installation: Have an overhead picture of how the board should oriented. The side view, while somewhat useful, is less useful than actually showing where and what direction the board should plug in
- Step 2: minor update to no longer need screws
- Step 3: more intuitive since the larger board can only go in one place, but overhead shot would still be useful.
- Step 5: is a little confusing because it shows 6 wires connected for key writing when only 4 are needed.
- Additional soldering instructions: it would be easier to follow if the pictures showed the same wire colors from the JST to CN2. I know there's a reference mapping above, but it would be clearer/easier to follow with same color wires in both pictures.
EDIT: Who sells those nice labels for the case? I'd like to get one! Thanks in advance!
I would just hit up @Lemony Vengeanceand ask him to make you one. Just be sure to ask him for connectors on both ends.I just realized that I will need to buy connectors and wires for connecting J18 on the CPS2 Multi with C9 on the B board. Does anyone have a link to recommended connectors / wires? If possible, I want to have a single connector instead of using individual DuPont wires.
I Have this at hand, does that help?