What's new
It was working before, why would it having issues now? I can try to replace the PSU I have in the Astro and try it again. I did have to fix it a couple of times due to an error on my part and burning out the transistor.

Okay I replaced the PSU and it's working again so I think you're right, that one might be kind of busted now and hanging on by a limb.

Well your other psu might be fine and you just need to adjust the voltage and bit. It's probably a bit low. This happens over time as the caps get older.

Well your other psu might be fine and you just need to adjust the voltage and bit. It's probably a bit low. This happens over time as the caps get older.
How can I adjust the voltage? Is there an attenuator? Or should I just recap the whole thing?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 34
The installation went smoothly. Everything is working properly. I used a SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC 32 GB Class 10 UHSI card because smaller capacities are difficult to buy.

Attachments

• IMG_2308.JPG
    IMG_2308.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
ok so set mine all up , and tried the first game D&D it loads in , i have to turn off after the loading as it doesnt reset, then the game runs but no sound , tried progear and the same no sound , also tried a SF II /also to add this board was running fine with sound before i did the multi , and the games i am trying are from the Decrypted roll up pack

ok so set mine all up , and tried the first game D&D it loads in , i have to turn off after the loading as it doesnt reset, then the game runs but no sound , tried progear and the same no sound , also tried a SF II /also to add this board was running fine with sound before i did the multi , and the games i am trying are from the Decrypted roll up pack
Make sure that all PCBs are properly plugged, specially the connection between A and B boards. Maybe try the B board without plastic shell first.

yeah took it all apart and did that , its hit and miss to run a game but when it does they dont have sound, checked another pcb to be sure its not my Cab and my Fantasy Zone II has sound

Loaded marvel v capcom , I get a load of sound like machine gun fire from a 1970’s game and then this screen

Attachments

• IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 20
Something is definitely wrong. Can you try with another A or B Board? Even if you are loaded games that don't need keys. Do you have the key writing cable installed? try shortcutting again EXC5 and the try. If you don't have the key writting cable, you still need a reset cable installed to make sure the CPU doesn't execute code while you are programming the flashes.

@Tonybolony is your CPS2 Multi kit one of the brand new "Champion Edition" revisions, or a prior revision? The previous revisions could have sound issues if a PAL chip isn't setup correctly. Photos of your installation would be helpful.

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_8557.jpeg
    IMG_8557.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8556.jpeg
    IMG_8556.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8555.jpeg
    IMG_8555.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 41
What is the current largest or most robustly binned tf/microsd card that can be used with the current firmware, and are there any particular brands to stay away from?

Any microsd should work now as long as they are SDHC. Microsd that are SDXC won't work.

Back