What's new
It's very convenient.
Cooool.
DSC_0882_copy_1612x1209.jpg

I guess that answers my "is it crazy to want 2 of these" question :)

It's alive! Finally installed this little beast that I ordered from late 2015. Updated the bootloader, updated the firmware, and installed into Street Fighter Alpha donor. Working perfectly! It's amazing. I can't believe I have been waiting so long to attempt this. Now I will be installing the cps2 digital av kit :) Excuse the crappy supergun kit in the image.
PXL_20210222_170228944.jpg

Thank you Darksoft for your creation and documentation. It was quite a bit of information to comb through the years but it would have been a complete nightmare without all of the helpful threads and PDF's.

im not familiar with this cab, can you talk about it a bit?
From what I was told, they were a generic Capcom cabinet that only had the chrome Capcom stickers toward the top. They made them so when the operator wanted to switch the b board out for the newest game it was just the b board, marquee and instruction cards that needed changing. The last game that was in this one before I did the Darksoft conversion was vampire savior. I also found some new old stock chrome decals and replaced them a few weeks ago.

From what I was told, they were a generic Capcom cabinet that only had the chrome Capcom stickers toward the top. They made them so when the operator wanted to switch the b board out for the newest game it was just the b board, marquee and instruction cards that needed changing. The last game that was in this one before I did the Darksoft conversion was vampire savior. I also found some new old stock chrome decals and replaced them a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20210221_155149.jpg
    20210221_155149.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 211
Interesting; I've never seen this cab before. Do you know who made it? Any identifying stickers?

Interesting; I've never seen this cab before. Do you know who made it? Any identifying stickers?
This is all I can find on it. The Cab was near mint when I got it so I didn't remove anything. The 10545 is written everywhere, even the coin box and lid. The only other sticker just says inspected by W. WONG.

Attachments

• 20210224_064415.jpg
    20210224_064415.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20210224_064340.jpg
    20210224_064340.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 201
Interesting; maybe your cab is an East Coast thing. On the West Coast, our most common cabs for SF2 were the HS-1/5 and the 3-Koam Zback. We also have big blues which were made by both Dynamo & 3Koam. As I understand it, the Big Blue is very uncommon on the East Coast.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the largest and fastest micro sd card that I should use?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the largest and fastest micro sd card that I should use?
The "Complete set of games" roll-up pack fits on a 4gb card. The "Complete set of every single variation in mame, converted for this" roll-up pack fits on a 16gb card.

Me? I'm fine with the 4gb (not that you can find anything smaller at this point). If you want to be 1000000% future-proof, a 32gb will provide you more space than you could ever possibly need.

Back