What's new
Will definitely be watching for the pack. Glad I was able to get in before the orders closed. Can't wait to play this.

There seems to still be interested in NG development, would be a shame to not be able to use the multi as a dev tool.
Yes there will be. It's one of our cart's selling points.
68000 based hardware is a pretty massive chunk of gaming history and this seems like a great way for people to play around with it :D
-ud

68000 based hardware is a pretty massive chunk of gaming history
I would go as far as to say it's made the single biggest contribution to the arcade gaming scene...
Followed very closely by the Z80 and then the SH4.

I've ordered mine this past Friday, I've been checking this forum on a daily basis since this was announced, what a great time it is to be a retro gamer! I also can't wait for the Aes version.

now is a great time to pick up a Home System
You could say that twice and still not know the half of it!
For what seems like FOREVER now, the AES library has been held within a "golden cage" far beyond the bank account reach of most.

Years ago when I first heard of the Mega Everdrive, I pleaded with Krizz on his forum to make a AES Everdrive.
He told me flat out it would be too expensive, too difficult and simply not worth it.

It was at that point I resorted to a Arcade Works Omega with a 161-in-1 cart.
I was never happy with the quality of the x-in-1 carts, glitchy/buggy/beta hacked games.
So I started buying real MVS carts, again because this was often the only version of the games I could afford.

Now we finally have not just a solution, but OPTIONS!
Its an amazing time to be a classic arcade game fan, thanks Darksoft. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Before my CMVS and cabs, I started with a Home System which cost more than any of them, lol.

I've never actually seen an AES in my life. I supergun an MVS though. Am I really missing anything? It does surprise me when I see people buying both, but I assume they want MVS in a cab, and AES for their living-room. Otherwise, why would someone want both?

Am I really missing anything?
Well I think synbiosfan nailed it above... Most of us started with a AES, long before we had fancy HAS superguns and Omega cMVSs.
We switched to MVS, because we couldn't fucking afford to buy AES games! :cursing:

Add to that, and then I got into cabs.

Am I really missing anything?
Well I think synbiosfan nailed it above... Most of us started with a AES, long before we had fancy HAS superguns and Omega cMVSs.We switched to MVS, because we couldn't fucking afford to buy AES games! :cursing:

Add to that, and then I got into cabs.
Cool, so since I have all the fancy shit I don't need an AES? :D

No AES version is superior for any reason? Looking at the N-G master list it seems like maybe NeoCD is potentially worth exploring, though there are rumors about this multi...

Cool, so since I have all the fancy shit I don't need an AES? :D
No AES version is superior for any reason? Looking at the N-G master list it seems like maybe NeoCD is potentially worth exploring, though there are rumors about this multi...
I have an AES (that I got for $25 at a local auction, lol) but the stock sticks suck and the carts are stupid expensive if you want the more enjoyable games. Cab/consolized MVS is the reasonable route.

On the NeoCD, yeah, I'd love to see those exclusives come to the multicart. I've never taken the plunge on a NeoCD because it's hailed to have the worst loading times in gaming history (even if you have the CDZ version which is supposedly a bit faster).
-ud

AES has training mode for many games.

NeoCD exclusives like the fifth course on Neo Turf Masters would be awesome to play on my cab.

A UniBIOS will let you set your MVS to AES mode and get the "home extras", as well as region select. There's no difference between AES and MVS carts in terms of the programming code stored on the cart.

The DS Multi lets you set AES mode and region on an MVS as well I believe.

As far as the Neo CD, I can attest that the CDZ is substantially faster at loading than the normal CD. But loading times overall aren't bad as long as you avoid the fighting games. My preferred format on a handful games is the CD version due to an awesome Redbook audio soundtrack.

I've never actually seen an AES in my life. I supergun an MVS though. Am I really missing anything? It does surprise me when I see people buying both, but I assume they want MVS in a cab, and AES for their living-room. Otherwise, why would someone want both?
It's more for convenience.. you have everything in one compact system, you don't need to deal with arcade PSU's or Supergun's or wires here and there all over your desk.

I see it the other way round.. with the AES-Multi around, I don't see a reason why someone would want a MVS instead (for desktop playing)

Anyway.. I have both systems (repeatedly!!!) LOL

Back