What's new
Thanks! First time ever had to use JAMMA test button on my HAS, didn't even remember that it has such :D

Been thinking about this again the past couple days. It's interesting to me that @XtraSmiley has seemingly the same issue on a Tengai running on a SH404 board, whereas the rest of us have had the problem on PS5 series (SH2 base, totally different system really).

I have Strikers 1945 on a SH404 and there is no problem like this. Rather than the sound routing on the PCB or associated circuit, I wonder if the root of the problem could be a shared chip/amp that is going bad on these? Caps are already ruled out, I know I've personally recapped mine and I believe @ekorz has too.

On a side note if anyone wants to buy or trade for a Gunbird 2 with buzzy audio, I might know a guy. ;)

Been thinking about this again the past couple days. It's interesting to me that @XtraSmiley has seemingly the same issue on a Tengai running on a SH404 board, whereas the rest of us have had the problem on PS5 series (SH2 base, totally different system really).

I have Strikers 1945 on a SH404 and there is no problem like this. Rather than the sound routing on the PCB or associated circuit, I wonder if the root of the problem could be a shared chip/amp that is going bad on these? Caps are already ruled out, I know I've personally recapped mine and I believe @ekorz has too.

On a side note if anyone wants to buy or trade for a Gunbird 2 with buzzy audio, I might know a guy. ;)
Hey, I know you sold your GB2 (I think you did?), but did we make any progress on this? Something to think about, but my Tengai might actually just need a cap kit!

I fully re-capped my Tengai and the buzz is still there. Same thing with my Gunbird 2...

Hm, nothing new that I recall, just what I documented trying. My current fix is in the original post, and while it’s much improved from the original sound, it’s not something I’m sure is perfect. I never did try populating the whole other sound section.

My strikers 2 has a buzz as soon as it’s turned on over the music. The music in general sounds low and I redid the caps already :/

@hrvat9 replace the two caps I mention in my original post, see if it fixes yours. If not just put the old ones back.

Just played Gunbird 2 on the Astro. The buzzing is horrible... I’ll try changing the caps in the sound section but as is, it’s sucky

@djsheep the value looks right 12k ohm but the size looks wrong. I think these are like 3mm or 4mm but my calipers need a new battery.

and if you want to be anal about it 5% is a lot of tolerance. There are kits out there that sell you fewer resistors per value, but in many different values, too.

Thanks. My searches only seem to turn up one size resistor. Is there a link you have perhaps of something that would suit. Don’t mind buying a kit?!

it looks like the official size is 3.5mm and 1/6W
qraeaschqhx.png

it looks like there are also 1/8W as well (unsure of the length on those).

you could fit a 1/4W if you stood it upright though.

it looks like the official size is 3.5mm and 1/6W
qraeaschqhx.png

it looks like there are also 1/8W as well (unsure of the length on those).

you could fit a 1/4W if you stood it upright though.
Any idea why the clipping/garbled sound is worse on a Candy Cab vs a SuperGun? (or maybe its the same, @djsheep mentions his Astro, but doesn't say if it's actually better on a SG).

The ddp clipping happened for me before amplification stage, so you’d hear it no matter the final device.

Any idea why the clipping/garbled sound is worse on a Candy Cab vs a SuperGun? (or maybe its the same, @djsheep mentions his Astro, but doesn't say if it's actually better on a SG).
DDP has always been quite “harsh” sound wise. Guwange is the worse out of them all.

Gunbird 2. The audio is just as horrible on a Supergun. I almost want to sell this board because of it.

Back