What's new

xodaraP

Enlightened
Reaction score
I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. I don't think those who can do this are going to release the information publicly.
I wouldn't mind sharing the info but I don't have a Gunforce board handy to give proper details.It shouldn't be too hard to run wires for the missing address lines though, just by comparing with an other romboard.
There are additional chips piggybacked on top as well but I'm assuming those are the same type of logic with additional IO channels.

I have a Gunforce handy, if you're happy to document the process I can ship it to you or take some detailed photos

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
There are additional chips piggybacked on top as well but I'm assuming those are the same type of logic with additional IO channels.
I have a Gunforce handy, if you're happy to document the process I can ship it to you or take some detailed photos
Yeah !
But I have few projects I'd like to complete first.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard to run wires for the missing address lines though, just by comparing with an other romboard.
I think this should be done properly. A small board that sits on the eprom sockets and can hold i.e. 4 games if you use a Gunforce PCB. It's not a multi but it's a good solution.
I hope @brizzo is ok with that.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I have one too! We need @Hammy on this one ;)

If you look at the thread at villagebbs, the guy actually bought the board from the person who did the conversion but this is what happened:

"Well actually I bought it from him but it wasn't working properly and I must say he was very easy to deal with and took the return and refunded me promptly. The game was missing half the sprites once you started the gameplay. That board looked like an old conversion from a Gunforce PCB. Even though the conversion was sloppy it's almost a little impressive that someone even figured out how to convert that game."

Hammy

Champion
Reaction score
I have one too! We need @Hammy on this one ;)
Yeah i have both boards it's just time. There's way more exciting stuff to look at and apocalypse is for sure the same.

As you know this kinda thing i like to find out! gunforce h/w is real low down on the priority list especially when major title a much more common game will run them ALL.

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there. I have uploaded a total of 9 hi-res pictures of my R-Type Leo (it used to be Gunforce) to the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ua2-q2nVMlEHMx-tzFmGIocvyTd5YSco/view?usp=sharing

I hope this can be of some use to people trying to convert Irem M92 games. All I did was provide the technician with the files from @Mitsurugi-w and the rest, he says, was common information found online. He did not get into specifics.

Nothing caught my attention, I can't see any obvious "work" or "mods" done to the board, but then again, layman eyes here.

I hope to someday find some more Gunforce boards, I really want to convert them to Blade Master and In The Hunt, lovely titles.

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I thought, too, @Hammy

No jumper wires, no weird looking mods... looks like a regular board with eproms instead of mask roms.

yosoyrune

Student
Reaction score
I thought it would be like the wiring board pictured before...

Is there no need of wiring to convert to a Gunforce II???

Reaction score

Good luck :)
As I was browsing the threat I was like wowo that board looks familiar! It was me who bought that years ago. What a crazy mess! There were chips stacked 3 high. still neat to think that some operator probably converted that board himself back in the 90s to make some more money on his board

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
As I was browsing the threat I was like wowo that board looks familiar! It was me who bought that years ago. What a crazy mess! There were chips stacked 3 high. still neat to think that some operator probably converted that board himself back in the 90s to make some more money on his board
Only to discover sound was crypted :evil:

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so guys the Bottom line is that the Rom board of gunforce 1 is diffrent than all the other Rom boards and therefore ist Pretty hard to make any conversion on it?

But the Mainboard of any gunforce is just the same as all the others? and any Rom board will work on any main board?

thanks

dexster

Student
Reaction score
so guys the Bottom line is that the Rom board of gunforce 1 is diffrent than all the other Rom boards and therefore ist Pretty hard to make any conversion on it?

But the Mainboard of any gunforce is just the same as all the others? and any Rom board will work on any main board?

thanks
gunforce 1 is not a good donor board to use for a m92 conversion; whilst i am certain it can be done, Hammy has worded it best 'good luck'

my basic understanding is yes, any m92 main (A) board can be used with any rom (B) board...