What's new

GhaleonUnlimited

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP HELP :(

I need to flip my Blast City's picture 180-degrees, so it seems straightforward enough based on the manual and what I read online. You just reverse therl right red/blue plug and brown/gray plug.

Cab was unplugged, and I reversed the two polarity plugs, and now I'm not getting picture. I changed then back and still nothing. Boards play blind.

Never had a problem w the cab before. I don't get anything in 15khz or 31khz.

When I power on the cab I get a electric-y sound that I've heard many times when it powers up normally, and kind of a silver surge on the sides on the screen. (Video link here, just 13 sec)
View: https://youtu.be/xT8IJRk3qEg?si=OeDSPLyk73evOcJH

I asked the guy I bought it from and he said neither he nor his tech ever needed to do this, so they weren't sure.

I have an event Sunday I need this for so I'm pretty dismayed. Any ideas on stuff to try? I can solder and troubleshoot but I don't know anything at all about monitors/voltages. Thanks so much!!

Full manual in English for the cab is here. The screenshot I took is page 50.
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Sega_Blast_City_Bass_Fishing.pdf

Attachments

• PXL_20240111_194112326.jpg
    PXL_20240111_194112326.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20240111_194143387.jpg
    PXL_20240111_194143387.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20240110_184922307.jpg
    PXL_20240110_184922307.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 44
So on your first try you rotated the two connectors and connected them back to the same headers, correct? Did you do this with the monitor out? Inside the cab I remember it being kind of difficult and the likelihood of missing the header is kind of high (like connecting it only through one pin).

It is pretty difficult to do with the monitor installed, but I did it really carefully. I used my phone and kept taking pics to be sure of what I was doing. Managed it.

what game do you want to play that required this? Naomi games rotates the proper way. Was your screen on the wrong side do begin with?

check your naomi vga is properly connected on both ends?

Do you feel static on the on the screen? Does the heater glow inside the neck?

It's probably shutting down, but best to check.

what game do you want to play that required this?

Many games rotate clockwise, like ones made by Namco.

The Namco Classics vol 1 and 2 are 180-flipped and do not have a "flip image" dip switch, which I kind of can't believe on both accounts. (15 kHz both).

People love Pac Man and Galaga and I don't own an upright vertical 2P cab (Pac Man Arranged and Galaga Arranged are both 2P simul), so that was part of why I bought a Blast City - a rotatable monitor (pain in the ass but I can do it on my own)

Thanks for any continuing advice! I'll check for some neck glow right now and for screen static.

I at first though I could just rotate the monitor the other way vertically, but the way it's made, the wires don't reach far enough.

So on your first try you rotated the two connectors and connected them back to the same headers, correct?
Can you confirm this?

Swap red/blue to be blue/red on the same header..... Or red/ blue to brown/gray header.

They shouldn't fit.... But...

Thanks!

I do have that black goop shit in there, which I never noticed before. From just reading a little it sounds like it'll keep going for awhile but has an expiration and nothing can really be done about the black crap, huh

Back