What's new
How do you test ram chips on the Top3000? No matter what I do it seems to fail. I'm currently looking at some IMC1635P-35 chips which I believe are 6264 chips. I'm selecting this in Topall8 and checking the test box and clicking GO. It writes and verifies during the process but the verify fails every time no matter what chip.

I think they fixed the jumping through hoops to get the driver to work in these latest builds.

Your doing it the right way.
I have no problems with the ram test, so I think its the programmer itself...
There seems to be a difference in progammers.

Mine wont do anything lower than 27c512.
Ive heard others have no problem with the older eproms.

How do you test ram chips on the Top3000? No matter what I do it seems to fail. I'm currently looking at some IMC1635P-35 chips which I believe are 6264 chips. I'm selecting this in Topall8 and checking the test box and clicking GO. It writes and verifies during the process but the verify fails every time no matter what chip.

Your doing it the right way.
I have no problems with the ram test, so I think its the programmer itself...
There seems to be a difference in progammers.

Mine wont do anything lower than 27c512.
Ive heard others have no problem with the older eproms.
Interesting. Maybe I need a new programmer. So you've run ram tests on the Top3000 and had it pass and verify?

Yes, always worked fine for me, I just tried a few with the 8.83 software.
@Apocalypse reports losing the ram test after a software update, If I remember right, his does gal chips.
I can’t a good gal chip out of it.
Maybe the things are just flaky as hell and the supported chips differ per unit....

@Apocalypse reports losing the ram test after a software update, If I remember right, his does gal chips.
Maybe the things are just flaky as hell and the supported chips differ per unit....
Actually the RAM test was still there, just broken as other members have mentionned (always fails).
GAL chips I do a lot of them on the TOP3000 and I usually don't have any issue as long as I make sure I select the exact reference. For instance selecting GAL16V8C instead of GAL16V8D fails for me. However PAL devices like PALCE chips have been a real nightmare on the TOP3000.

Actually the RAM test was still there, just broken as other members have mentionned (always fails).
GAL chips I do a lot of them on the TOP3000 and I usually don't have any issue as long as I make sure I select the exact reference. For instance selecting GAL16V8C instead of GAL16V8D fails for me. However PAL devices like PALCE chips have been a real nightmare on the TOP3000.
What was the last version the ram test worked in? Does someone have a download link for it?

What was the last version the ram test worked in? Does someone have a download link for it?
The last version I don't know. IIRC it works in V8.25 then I jumped to V8.7 and it was broken.
V8.25 is the version that came on the disc. I could dig for it if you don't find it online.

The last version I don't know. IIRC it works in V8.25 then I jumped to V8.7 and it was broken.
V8.25 is the version that came on the disc. I could dig for it if you don't find it online.
Did you update the firmware on the programmer, or did you just install the new software

Did you update the firmware on the programmer, or did you just install the new software
I didn't even know you could upgrade the firmware (is that even confirmed?). I've only tried different versions of the software to finally go back to the first version I was using.

Keen to hear more how to update the Top3000 firmware too...

The TOP3000 does and did everytime GAL & PAL chips ... i've done that almost 2 years ago for my Konami TMNT 2 : Turtles in Time conversion ... where i was able to write jed files needed on 16v8b & 22v10 (Lattice) ones with TOP3000 , but i have now a TL866 II Plus witch is good too for many applications you meet in this hooby sir !

Last edited:
I didn't even know you could upgrade the firmware (is that even confirmed?). I've only tried different versions of the software to finally go back to the first version I was using.
Oops, my bad.... it’s my Batronix which can update firmware with the software program😇

Back