What's new

bullet_curtain

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there,

bought 2 naomi universals for a good price, well they were basically just "empty shells".
CRT's where present but no electronics (chassiss, i/o etc), besides that one monitor had a shorted deflection coil and the 2nd was some kind of vga-ized consumer tv but i didnt' know the brand.

Long project, short listing:

-get rid of all rust and grime, fix/make broken/missing parts and then repaint everything.
-sitdown conversion.
-find and fit in consumer tv's (ended up with a sony kv29 and a loewe (flat)). If you know about trinitrons and with the flat loewe, well i had some fun with the bezels. :)

Aimed for MiSTER mostly, but then user @nnap brought my attention to this forum via the diy supergun project.
So both cabs have JAMMA as well now.
Used those Brooks Fighting Board Cables for the controlls, and made Adapters for the Jamma side, so i can just unplug between usb and jamma and vice versa. Also i can "remap" between Neo geo and standart jamma layout, by swapping around the B123 K1 buttons.

For the 2nd cab i'm waiting for the locks to arrive and the power inlet module, so i can wire up the electronics (star ground / light etc) complete.

Shitty pic, but better than nothing, left Neo Geo right PGM.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_202848 - Kopie.jpg
    IMG_20240331_202848 - Kopie.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to our nerdy, cozy little corner of the internet. If you have any questions about superguns, building arcade sticks, or vintage stereo gear please feel free to reach out as those are my areas of knowledge. I also do a mean packing job on PCBs so if you sell anything here and want advice on package please reach out :thumbup:

Back