What's new
Plus one more thing I use Brooks retro board and has a DB15 out of it. When I connect it to HAS all the buttons are on "ON" state (tekken 3 players keeps on powering up which happens on pressing all 4 buttons). This stick works just fine on my consolized MVS board. However I have DB15 (no electronics) pad which works just fine on HAS so I am assuming this could be powering issue (powering the retro board) but again it works just fine on consolized MVS (weird aye ?)
Not necessarily a power issue (you can measure voltage). How exactly do you connect it, I though this was a multi console joypad emulator thingy (which doesn't include the NeoGeo).
723XwzX

I have connected the DB15 connector (break-out connector) through the screw terminal points on retro board.

Retrobaord

Plus one more thing I use Brooks retro board and has a DB15 out of it. When I connect it to HAS all the buttons are on "ON" state (tekken 3 players keeps on powering up which happens on pressing all 4 buttons). This stick works just fine on my consolized MVS board. However I have DB15 (no electronics) pad which works just fine on HAS so I am assuming this could be powering issue (powering the retro board) but again it works just fine on consolized MVS (weird aye ?)
Not necessarily a power issue (you can measure voltage). How exactly do you connect it, I thought this was a multi console joypad emulator thingy (which doesn't include the NeoGeo).
Also, when you say "all buttons", do you also mean up, down, left, right?

Lastly, how did you measure the CSync amplitude?
Only the buttons (excluding Up,down, left right , coin and start button)

I measured it but setting the voltmeter to V (connect the probs to ground and CSYNC line)

I have connected the DB15 connector (break-out connector) through the screw terminal points on retro board.

Retrobaord
Ok, so you connected the retroboard button inputs directly to HAS' button inputs. There must be some conflict with the HAS' or retroboard microcontroller then (because it's not a proper way to connect signals). I suggest using a buffer or at least diodes.

Not necessarily a power issue (you can measure voltage). How exactly do you connect it, I thought this was a multi console joypad emulator thingy (which doesn't include the NeoGeo).Also, when you say "all buttons", do you also mean up, down, left, right?

Only the buttons (excluding Up,down, left right , coin and start button)
I measured it but setting the voltmeter to V (connect the probs to ground and CSYNC line)
Do you have 5v connected from your DB15 to the retro board?

Not necessarily a power issue (you can measure voltage). How exactly do you connect it, I thought this was a multi console joypad emulator thingy (which doesn't include the NeoGeo).Also, when you say "all buttons", do you also mean up, down, left, right?
Only the buttons (excluding Up,down, left right , coin and start button)I measured it but setting the voltmeter to V (connect the probs to ground and CSYNC line)
Do you have 5v connected from your DB15 to the retro board?
yes I do

Finally, it looks stunning in person! Total length - 69cm.

49232540283_78a6ef24e6_c.jpg

Bad news is that my cable supplier sent me only one set of cables instead of the full order (without my consent). Kind of shady given the fact I paid in advance and these cables were expensive (100% assembled in Europe). I just hope they send me the rest in the first week of January as promised :/

Last edited:
That looks fantastic @RGB! I'm curious why the CPS2 kick header is on the male side, wouldn't you expect it to be on the female side that attaches to a game PCB?

That looks fantastic @RGB! I'm curious why the CPS2 kick header is on the male side, wouldn't you expect it to be on the female side that attaches to a game PCB?
I assume that is because many people already have a HAS to CPS2 kick harness. I would prefer a HAS kick connecter input instead. But then people would needa different cable.

@kuze - when you use it with the HAS, you don't need the CPS2 kick header, because the HAS passess all 6 button signals via the JAMMA connector and you'll only need a standard HAS compatible kick harness for the other end of the extension harness.

If you use a different supergun that passes less than 6 button signals via the JAMMA connector, this is where the optional CPS2 kick header might come in handy.

the Goat said:
I would prefer a HAS kick connecter input instead. But then people would needa different cable.
Exactly. CPS2 kick harness is popular, doesn't matter which brand of supergun one owns. If I used a HAS style (6pin JST XH) input in the extension, then a non-standard kick harness between the supergun and the extension would be required.

Last edited:
@kuze - when you use it with the HAS, you don't need the CPS2 kick header, because the HAS passess all 6 button signals via the JAMMA connector and you'll only need a standard HAS compatible kick harness for the other end of the extension harness.

If you use a different supergun that passes less than 6 button signals via the JAMMA connector, this is where the optional CPS2 kick header might come in handy.
Brilliant, thanks for the clarification! What's the expected price point for the extender?

Does the extension remove buttons 4-6 from the JAMMA extension? Our is that what the dip switches are for?

Does the extension remove buttons 4-6 from the JAMMA extension? Our is that what the dip switches are for?
There's a DIP switch for that (you can cut off buttons 4-6).

@RGB

I may have missed it but did you have a price point in mind for the extender? If only it had a black jamma edge connector :)

No price point yet, I'll announce it when it's more or less ready for shipping.

Yeah, a black JAMMA connector would be amazing.

Hi @RGB I need buy one of your HAS supergun.
I enter in the preorder web page but I can enter my name. I want preorder one of your supergun. I can’t find it.
Can you help me. I have the money ready
Please

My HAS comes today, so I tested my MeanWell PSU yesterday. When there is no pull/stress on the PSU and I set the +5v to about 5.05V the 12v rail only gives 11,5v and -5 only gives -3,5v.

Is this normal when there is no "pull" on the PSU or is my MVP broken? I'm pretty new to this Arcade stuff, I know some console PSU:s give too much when not connected to consoles (Genesis for example), but this shows too litte...

To be clear, I don't have a HAS connected to the PSU, just used multimeter on the PSU itself.

My HAS comes today, so I tested my MeanWell PSU yesterday. When there is no pull/stress on the PSU and I set the +5v to about 5.05V the 12v rail only gives 11,5v and -5 only gives -3,5v.

Is this normal when there is no "pull" on the PSU or is my MVP broken? I'm pretty new to this Arcade stuff, I know some console PSU:s give too much when not connected to consoles (Genesis for example), but this shows too litte...

To be clear, I don't have a HAS connected to the PSU, just used multimeter on the PSU itself.
This is normal. +12V and -5V are used by the audio amp, but its voltage tolarance is rather high, you'd easily get away with +11V even. Negative voltage -5V to -3V will be also enough from my experience, also remember that it's used mostly by very old PCBs (from the 80ies) and Midway PCBs.

Connect some game and then measure voltages again.

PS Your Genesis power supply is most likely linear and maybe even unregulated, that's why the voltage is higher with no load.

Back