What's new
Just got my HAS, ahead of time even due to great post office RNG! Very easy to assemble with a good clear visual on what to do. I felt a little nervous with the long pins of the VGA adaptor, got got it in no problem. The SCART works perfectly with my OSSC and everything is in good order. Glad to have made this purchase and use it to conclude another supergun I got is not fully working, since this one fully is!

If I have the HD15 installed on the HAS, will the 8-pin port below it still work?

Thanks, is the HAS compatible with the Retrotink 5X?

My picture is rolling vertically.

Last edited:
Not sure what I’m doing wrong then

@9999 Damage on the bottom are you using 75ohm or TTL?
You have to adjust this potentiometer circled in pic. When I had that same scrambling issue that's what I did and it worked. 20221211_203625~2.jpg

You have to adjust this potentiometer circled in pic. When I had that same scrambling issue that's what I did and it worked. 20221211_203625~2.jpg
Thanks J, I thought that was for gain? I’m using a meanwell cover that uses 24awg wires from the psu to the HAS. I’m suspicious of this.

Thanks J, I thought that was for gain? I’m using a meanwell cover that uses 24awg wires from the psu to the HAS. I’m suspicious of this.
I looked it up a while ago and can't remember where cause I was going nuts when my screen was acting up like yours and that's what it was. Moved left right until it straightened out.

I looked it up a while ago and can't remember where cause I was going nuts when my screen was acting up like yours and that's what it was. Moved left right until it straightened out.
Thanks buddy I’ll give it a go

@erdrick1980 were you using your HAS with a PVM?

I have mine hooked up to a Retrotink 5X using a RGC scart cable. Turning that knob makes the picture darker/lighter.

TMNT works fine.
Aero Fighters rolls vertically.
Raiden DX no picture just sound.
Golden Axe has sprite issues.

These pcbs work fine in my jamma cabinet.

Ah, I see...
I did that with the igs pgm boards only.

Want me to ship you mine and see if you get the same thing?

Holy cow - try moving the sync type between 1 of the 3 settings available (IIRC - raw, buffered and regenerated) since it appears you are not getting a solid picture rather than it being too bright.

Sync output (bottom of PCB) should be left on 75ohm if using RT5.

Holy cow - try moving the sync type between 1 of the 3 settings available (IIRC - raw, buffered and regenerated) since it appears you are not getting a solid picture rather than it being too bright.

Sync output (bottom of PCB) should be left on 75ohm if using RT5.
Thanks I tried this but no change unfortunately :(

@tonyt76 - Did you have any luck yet? You may want to consider getting the excellent Retroscaler by @invzim

I replaced my Micomsoft DISPL with it and never looked back. Compatibility for PCBs is the best there is.

Last edited:
Back