What's new
Any recommendations for a really compact power brick to use with the HAS, instead of the regular arcade psu???
I'm going to try this one here.
https://www.amazon.com/PWR-SUPLY-TB...F8&qid=1509211086&sr=8-5&keywords=5v+5pin+din

Looking at the datasheet (HERE), it should be a drop in replacement for the PSA45U-201. Just a little more powerful.
So I finally got around to trying out my HAS. What an awesome product! It works great!

I did test with the PSU I ordered above and can confirm it works well for boards that don't require alot of power. However it doesn't put out enough voltage for things like the Taito F3.

With no board connected the HAS reads 5.20v. According to my multimeter the PSU outputs 5.14v and 11.90v

I just got my HAS set up last night and it’s incredible. Still waiting on the OSSC cable to get it through my switcher, but it looks amazing on the CRT.

Thank you for the great product! Absolutely worth the hard choice I made to wait on it vs getting an alternative.

Does anyone have recommendations on a JAMMA extension harness that I could pick up and works out the box with the HAS?

I don't recommend that ebay harness unless you replace all wires in the power section of the harness with proper 18-16AWG.

makPOW-AWGorg.jpg

^ the black wire is what's in most of these ebay harnesses. You will have huge voltage drop on this harness, it can even get hot with games that need more juice.

Last edited:
Ohh thats good to know, I guess I'll keep any eye out for a better one.

If I were to get a JAMMA extension from Mike's Arcade, should it work out the box or do I have to so slight changes to the wiring?

Just want to make sure before I purchase one.

Any JAMMA extension that is full wire/pinout will work "out of the box" all RGB was trying to say above is he would recommend a extension with thicker gauge power wires.
Great advice, if I'm being honest however... I've got a cheap one from China where all the wire used is the same thickness and I've never had any power problems using my 130watt Suzo-Happ PSU.

I appreciate the inputs. Will go along and grab an extension when I have the chance.

Thanks.

If I were to get a JAMMA extension from Mike's Arcade, should it work out the box or do I have to so slight changes to the wiring?

I have a Mike's Arcade extension and it works just fine with my HAS. I decided to spend a few more bucks on this one than a cheapie from eBay.

but mike stopped making them.

am I wrong?

but mike stopped making them.
am I wrong?
I was under the impression these are made to order. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The site seems to suggest they are made to order. I was hoping to order some eventually.

Not to get off topic, but I just wanted to apologize to RGB for putting in for one of your awesome units and essentially disappearing into thin air.
I had a good reason, though. Major maxilliofacial surgery took up my time/money. I hope everyone is enjoying their HAS! :thumbup:

I am just wondering which version of HAS Supergun that comes with this laptop PSU adapter? Mine is basically 6pin connect to a normal Arcade PSU.
ChpyQOg.png

Back