What's new
@jassin000 OK. So i do basically put the firmware in the same folder that the roms would go in and select it to push it to the netdimm? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just have not seen any info on this part of the update process.

put the firmware in the same folder that the roms would go in and select it to push it to the netdimm?
Yup that's all I did, had to add the BIN name entry into the file for it to list on Pi Force.

Hi all

So I've read this thread from top to bottom and google'd around without luck. Can anyone confirm whether the method described by @acblunden2 will work to upgrade a netdimm on 3.01 firmware?

Thanks

what tools will i need or a hardware to make my 2.13 netdimm to update to 4.01

i already got the files

i just dont know where to start

You can NetBoot the firmware update, that's what I did, its the easiest way IMO.

I know some people say you must first update to a 3.x firmware first, before going to 4.02, if your DIMM firmware it too old?
No idea about that, I sent the update from my Pi Force and it just went (so I have my doubts that's even accurate, but I honestly don't know).

Had a slightly odd NETDIMM upgrade, so I thought I'd post. NETDIMM (sourced from Hong Kong) reported itself as version 3.13 in the BIOS test. It would not accept "FW_Dimm317.bin" (maybe I wasn't supposed to use that one), but accepted the file "FW_Netdimm_402.bin" directly. Oddly, the upgrade process reported the old firmware as "2.13", not "3.13".

All's well that ends well.

Used "TransferGame.exe" running on Windows 10.

I was able to update my Dimms with firmware 1.02 (with only SCSI connector) to 4.02 (Changed to ethernet) without any problem by changing the bios with a ST M29W160EB70NB chip. If you notice something different, the phrase in blue that says "Network System" at the beginning no longer appears, I just select the game in a normal way using a raspberry pi, on the screen it says loading and loads the game in a normal way and played without problems and the image has not gone black or the game frozen at any time

I think that myth is false...

(Also someone who sells the metal cover for the Network board I'm looking for 2 units)🤣

Attachments

• 20210904_075725_copy_1190x1879.jpg
    20210904_075725_copy_1190x1879.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210904_075735_copy_1016x2257.jpg
    20210904_075735_copy_1016x2257.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 95
I was able to update my Dimms with firmware 1.02 (with only SCSI connector) to 4.02 (Changed to ethernet) without any problem by changing the bios with a ST M29W160EB70NB chip. If you notice something different, the phrase in blue that says "Network System" at the beginning no longer appears, I just select the game in a normal way using a raspberry pi, on the screen it says loading and loads the game in a normal way and played without problems and the image has not gone black or the game frozen at any time

I think that myth is false...

(Also someone who sells the metal cover for the Network board I'm looking for 2 units)🤣
What tools do i need to upgrade some of my dimboards of 1.0 fw to latest using that scsi connector , and i have a netdimm with Ethernet portto put in ordinary dimm board so can update the firmware finally without desoldering method

What tools do i need to upgrade some of my dimboards of 1.0 fw to latest using that scsi connector , and i have a netdimm with Ethernet portto put in ordinary dimm board so can update the firmware finally without desoldering method

You can't update a 1.XX firmware DIMM to 2.XX (or newer) without replacing the bios chip.

You can't update a 1.XX firmware DIMM to 2.XX (or newer) without replacing the bios chip.
It is true what it says I could not update it directly with the gd-rom disk, you have to change the bios
a MiniPro programmer (TL866IIPlus) with a TSOP48 adapter, and using a M29W160EB70NB chip, works great. only the Network System or GD-ROM System logo does not appear, verify that you have the correct bios in the installed console, if not the Network System or GD-ROM System logo will not appear, you have to desolder the old bios and solder the new bios already scheduled

Last edited:
Anything unusual about pushing a firmware update to a Triforce Type-1? I tried the same "TransferGame.exe" and "FW_Netdimm_402.bin" that upgraded a 256mb NETDIMM on a Naomi just fine. On the Triforce, it seems to accept the transfer, the screen goes black for awhile, then it reboots, still with the 3.03 firmware. I also have files that claim to be 3.17 and 4.01, but I have never used either of them before. I can't say much about their failure, as they are not "known good".

I suppose I could pull the NETDIMM from the squeaky new Triforce and shove it in the old Naomi that smells like a Chinese restaurant for the upgrade, but something seems wrong about that.

Why do you need 4.02 on a type 1? CF won't work on type 1s.

It is really hard to find DIMM firmware online and 4.02 is the only "known good" firmware I have. 3.17 would be fine, but I don't know if that failed because I am doing something wrong, or because the file is bad. 3.03 doesn't seem to
....*blink*....
wait, now the whole netboot thing is working. I swear I was trying for hours yesterday.

Shall I delete this and the previous post to keep this thread clean of dumb posts?

I looked through my arcade vault, I found a few instances of firmware.

Attachments

• netdimm_40x.rar
    899.3 KB · Views: 86
  • dimm_fw_401.zip
    478.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 2nd_FW_Dimm_402.rar
    449.4 KB · Views: 84
I have a dimm on 1.02 and a net dimm that is giving me trouble on 4.02. Could I just swap the 4.02 flash chip from the net dimm onto the dimm board or do I need to get to 3.17 first?

Back