What's new
Neither. I had the original pcb but don’t want to run jamma in here. Running on launch box via the Phantom Canyon inside. Will soon also have a number of other pieces of hardware inside from Taito, Namco and others (stay tuned). But for the older stuff emulators took care of things without any noticeable difference and without the headache. I want this to be my “turn it on at the end of the day and know it’ll work” setup.
PS1 or original namco arcade PCB? What's do you use about upscaler?

Even made a matching Vewlix desktop background for the pc so it doesn’t look weird having w11 on here.

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

Hidden surprise in the back! Ya know, just in case you want to shoot back robbers, zombies and dinosaurs in the face….

Had this custom made based on my measurements of the Sinden light gun.

IMG_6161.jpeg

Sweet setup! Looking forward to incorporating some of your ideas!
Awesome, I'd love to see what you do, make a thread and loop me in when you're ready to start!

And I'm not done yet :). Plenty of stuff to do haha, it never ends. My wife is VERY much alert to that fact right now haha.

Do you have templates for the art you made for the cab? I'm commissioning art from my favorite artist and just trying to make his life as easy as possible and templates would be a huge help.

Also I have a hadouken IO board but have no idea what to do with it lol. The core of my cab is a laptop and I'm stumped on how to hook up the IO board or what to do with it.

Do you have templates for the art you made for the cab? I'm commissioning art from my favorite artist and just trying to make his life as easy as possible and templates would be a huge help.

Also I have a hadouken IO board but have no idea what to do with it lol. The core of my cab is a laptop and I'm stumped on how to hook up the IO board or what to do with it.
harness on cab plugs into the IO -> Brook UFB slots into the IO -> USB from Brook to computer

harness on cab plugs into the IO -> Brook UFB slots into the IO -> USB from Brook to computer
I'd have to find my harnesses and figure out how they connect to the Brook. Does the brook board physically connect to the hadouken IO? Atm I just have a 20pin brook harness connecting the buttons and stick to the 20 pin port on the Brook board and a usb cable from the board running through to my laptop. For context I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the actual arcade hardware of the cab. I just got the cab last week and went for the simplest set up just to get it running lol....

My hadouken board came with the cab (got it through Hadouken) and the IO board was sitting inside the cab with no cables hooked up so I'm at a loss as to how to set it up.

I'd have to find my harnesses and figure out how they connect to the Brook. Does the brook board physically connect to the hadouken IO? Atm I just have a 20pin brook harness connecting the buttons and stick to the 20 pin port on the Brook board and a usb cable from the board running through to my laptop. For context I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the actual arcade hardware of the cab. I just got the cab last week and went for the simplest set up just to get it running lol....

My hadouken board came with the cab (got it through Hadouken) and the IO board was sitting inside the cab with no cables hooked up so I'm at a loss as to how to set it up.
yeah the brook plugs in, kinda upside down into the hadouken io (via the 20pin)

I dont have a hadouken, but i think its based on arthimus's board (that i have)
the 'G' part of the original CP wiring harness plugs into the IO as well as the cables for power.

since you have everything wired directly to the brook, theres no real need to use the hadouken io, its used for instances where the cab was still all wired up with the default harness as a 'plug and play' type of solution (so no re-wiring of the buttons/stick is necessary)

Last edited:
yeah the brook plugs in, kinda upside down into the hadouken io (via the 20pin)

I dont have a hadouken, but i think its based on arthimus's board (that i have)
the 'G' part of the original CP wiring harness plugs into the IO as well as the cables for power.

since you have everything wired directly to the brook, theres no real need to use the hadouken io, its used for instances where the cab was still all wired up with the default harness as a 'plug and play' type of solution (so no re-wiring of the buttons/stick is necessary)
The only reason I was looking into the using the IO was to be able to use the coin slot on the cab. From what I read the only way to do that is with an IO board? ATM j have a nesica card reader and a coin slot that's not being used, just trying to figure out how to actually use em.

The only reason I was looking into the using the IO was to be able to use the coin slot on the cab. From what I read the only way to do that is with an IO board? ATM j have a nesica card reader and a coin slot that's not being used, just trying to figure out how to actually use em.
admittedly i don't know much about the coining up while using one of these IOs, unfortunately.

admittedly i don't know much about the coining up while using one of these IOs, unfortunately.
No worries, I think I got a lot of it figured out. I have 2 control harnesses and I think I saw how both hook up into the IO board connector. The only place I'm confused now is that the IO board connector cable only has one cable labeled p1 that I assume connects to the p1 pins on the board. There's another cable labeled p4 but I'm not seeing a cable for p2 so I have no idea how to the 2nd player connects. If I had to guess I need a IO board connector meant for 2 players?

No worries, I think I got a lot of it figured out. I have 2 control harnesses and I think I saw how both hook up into the IO board connector. The only place I'm confused now is that the IO board connector cable only has one cable labeled p1 that I assume connects to the p1 pins on the board. There's another cable labeled p4 but I'm not seeing a cable for p2 so I have no idea how to the 2nd player connects. If I had to guess I need a IO board connector meant for 2 players?
Player 2 uses the 'K' connector on the harness, so its wiring goes from the buttons/stick and then plug into 'K' (on the 'G' harness)

on the IO, you'd use a 2nd Brook for player 2 (there are 2 slots for the Brook boards)

the P cables are for power

Nice MiVi Puzzle Bobble figure! Last time I saw these figures were in Taiwan. I bought a few of the gashapon sized ones to give away as travel gifts a while back.

Player 2 uses the 'K' connector on the harness, so its wiring goes from the buttons/stick and then plug into 'K' (on the 'G' harness)

on the IO, you'd use a 2nd Brook for player 2 (there are 2 slots for the Brook boards)

the P cables are for power
I looked more at my set up. The p2 pins on the IO board are for the nesica card reader funny enough.

Nice MiVi Puzzle Bobble figure! Last time I saw these figures were in Taiwan. I bought a few of the gashapon sized ones to give away as travel gifts a while back.
They’re still making them! Now they have limited 99 print run editions like the one I have in various colorways.

Last edited:
Back