What's new
Can you confirm that for a full 1.5 revival one is going to need 2 of your PCBs ?

Can you confirm that for a full 1.5 revival one is going to need 2 of your PCBs ?
He's confirmed this in the other thread, for 1.5 you will need both the Kabuki InfiniKey and the CPS1 InfiniKey for the C board

Awesome! Does it fit between CPS1.5 q sound and B board?

Sir... you will do a group buy for this beauty ?
Too soon to tell. I predict the demand and production for this shall be lower than that of the CPS2 Infinikey. And because of that, undamned may not place a threshold of 10 units minimum like he did with the CPS2 version. Probably should let undamned announce his distribution strategy first.

Also, I am not in the market for this as I am not fortunate to own one of these PCB's. I just dig on the work of any developer in this hobby nonetheless. Maybe someone else, like @Derick2k, may step in and volunteer if I bow out.

I’ll be buying at least 10 for sure maybe more, I could send a few out to others if they need them. But it’s up to undamned how he sets up the purchase options.

I don't want to try to figure out inner working of the Undamned (wonderful) device, but as ArcadeHacker details in his project, kabuki CPU should be extracted out of the circuit to be properly programmed (there seems to be problems and interferences if it is inserted in the circuit).
How have you managed to program keys without removing the chip from the circuit? Or is it that in fact those problems did not exist?

Just curious... :rolleyes:

PD: I'm definitely for at least 4 to use in my boards ^^

The reason for that is you need to keep the correct pins out of circuit for programing the Kabuki - otherwise the protection is activated and the keys are erased (this is how the suicide system was supposed to work against bootleggers)

If I had to guess, I'd say UDs device disconnects those pins from the new socket and connects them only to the IC that does the programming.

The other pins that would normally be connected, are still connected and these then provide the other required signals you would normally use the Arduino for

Awesome! Does it fit between CPS1.5 q sound and B board?
Oh, no! I forgot to check! Just kidding. Of course :D

Brilliant @undamned :D

I assume the battery should be removed before installation ?
Oops, yeah, probably a good idea. I don't recall if dead battery will mess it up. I'll add it to the instructions.

Too soon to tell. I predict the demand and production for this shall be lower than that of the CPS2 Infinikey. And because of that, undamned may not place a threshold of 10 units minimum like he did with the CPS2 version. Probably should let undamned announce his distribution strategy first.
Yeah, I don't anticipate these to sell anywhere near the qty of InfiniKey CPS2. I still need to iron out pricing, minimum qty. for direct sale, etc.

I don't want to try to figure out inner working of the Undamned (wonderful) device, but as ArcadeHacker details in his project, kabuki CPU should be extracted out of the circuit to be properly programmed (there seems to be problems and interferences if it is inserted in the circuit).
How have you managed to program keys without removing the chip from the circuit? Or is it that in fact those problems did not exist?

Just curious... :rolleyes:
The key has to be written early on. When using Arduino setup, game selection takes too much time and CPU has already begun doing stuff.

The reason for that is you need to keep the correct pins out of circuit for programing the Kabuki - otherwise the protection is activated and the keys are erased (this is how the suicide system was supposed to work against bootleggers)

If I had to guess, I'd say UDs device disconnects those pins from the new socket and connects them only to the IC that does the programming.

The other pins that would normally be connected, are still connected and these then provide the other required signals you would normally use the Arduino for
This is true of CPS1, not Kabuki. Kabuki InfiniKey is only pluggable because I discovered some games have big black foam/cardboard glued to bottom and it would be a massive pain to have to remove that material before installation. Plug-n-play requires more complicated manufacturing, but end result is elegant.
-ud

Just spent 3 hours today desuiciding a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Kabuki - got it the first time and then accidentally killed it and had to do it again

Really looking forward to the InfiniKey so I don't have to do that again :P

Just spent 3 hours today desuiciding a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Kabuki - got it the first time and then accidentally killed it and had to do it again

Really looking forward to the InfiniKey so I don't have to do that again :P
hahaha, man doesnt that suck when it happens. I actually fucked one up and had to replace it completely, put the programming clip backwards, I wont do that again. :D

I've ordered a clip that should make things easier, I've been using a IC socket as a ghetto testing clip :P

Back